Update on Aerosoft's Big Cat - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Update on Aerosoft's Big Cat

"Unload, 500 knots -- lets get the hell out of here"

I have always loved listening to the audio recording of the 89 Gulf of Sidra engagement.

Quote Originally Posted by Ark View Post
    LOVED that movie.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Me too! So much that I just last week bought it on blue ray! Looks fantastic!

Man I cant wait for this to be ready!

Quote Originally Posted by neutrino View Post

The F-14A carrying TacPack weapons...
    www.facebook.com/AerosoftF14
    Big Kitty with claws.....got a space in the hangar ready.

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

@neutrino

Knowing your attention to detail, I am confident this will be the most accurate and detailed rendition of the Tomcat ever!
    Looking forward to it!

Running through post-start and this picture had to be taken. This is a stock install of Acceleration (computer crashed recently) and is the scene which is loaded with the Kitty Hawk's saved flight in the Mediterranean.

Wonderful model! I believe this can well be the ultimate Tomcat we have been dreaming of for a while...

I love the Tomcat!

I truely can't belive that the US did not beware(for shredding) two or three of them for flight-shows. I will never see one flying, or i'll have to go to Iran...

I see a little GBU peeking around the external tank

VF-41 during that time carried the LANTIRN pod to lase targets for the FAST FAC mission. They could also drop their own dumb and smart bombs.

Hopefully Aerosoft's Tomcat includes this detail.

Jeff
    I pass gas!

A great update shot and I hope the repainter will tweak the Theodore Roosevelt on the tail.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by sepp666 View Post
    I love the Tomcat!

I truely can't belive that the US did not beware(for shredding) two or three of them for flight-shows. I will never see one flying, or i'll have to go to Iran...
    In 2003 when I heard they were planning to retire the Big Cat, I "made" my 22 year-old son make the trip to NAS Oceana for the express purpose of seeing the Tomcat
    in it's native environment. Somethings you just have to see and hear to appreciate!

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Quote Originally Posted by Odie View Post
    In 2003 when I heard they were planning to retire the Big Cat, I "made" my 22 year-old son make the trip to NAS Oceana for the express purpose of seeing the Tomcat
    in it's native environment. Somethings you just have to see and hear to appreciate!
    One day i'll come over the great ocean to the US and go to some museum to get in touch with our Kitty. This is really a must for me.
    But a holiday trip from Germany to America isn't that cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Odie View Post
    I did the same thing with the family in '04, just to see the Tomcat fly. I have seen them fly before but not like at Oceana.

The first 3 years of my life were on Marine Corps Air Stations and I grew up around airports (father was an Air Traffic Controller). I have been to my share of air shows (Oshkosh many times, Dayton, Pensacola...) but that 2004 Oceana Airshow is my favorite.

Lucky me, in 2005 I got to work my first F-14 as an Air Traffic Controller, Gypsy31. After it landed I went over to the FBO to take some pics of the Tomcat and meet the pilots. I didn't realize it at the time but I think the pilot was Jay from "Speed and Angels". VF-32 F-14B modex 110.

I did the same thing with the family in '04, just to see the Tomcat fly. I have seen them fly before but not like at Oceana.
    I recall seeing a Tomcat perform at the annual Willow Grove NAS airshow back in the early '90s when I was a teenager. The noise and earth-rumbling power left an indelible impression on me. Sadly, I was also on hand to see the last ever departure of a Tomcat from Willow Grove, shortly before their fleet retirement. Sadly, now the base AND the aircraft are no more.

The AS version certainly looks to be top-shelf. I'm not a big military flyer in FS, but I might make an exception for this one!
    -Mark

I was lucky enough to live very very close to Miramar in the Top Gun days... so seeing a 'cat was an everyday thing for me. Even got to go on the flightline as a kid and get a personal tour of a 'cat. Sat in it, under it, touched all parts of it..... if I only had a camera with me back then! But I also remember some of the bad like when one tomcat lost its hydraulics and crashed into a hanger at Gillespie field. I was worried then because my dad worked right near that crash. He was safe though! But I sure do miss seeing that beautiful aircraft streaking across the sky above me... gave me goosebumps every time! :salute:

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    A great update shot and I hope the repainter will tweak the Theodore Roosevelt on the tail.
    Yes I was going to mention that too. Theadore Rosevelt ??

Hi guys, thanks for the feedback, the name is fixed now - this was a work in progress, far from finished, but we wanted to show it so much We just started working on the paint schemes, so we'll post more.

Quote Originally Posted by evvatc View Post
    I didn't realize it at the time but I think the pilot was Jay from "Speed and Angels".
    I met him as well. He flew backseat in a brand new VFA-32 F/A-18F that stopped over at McConnell AFB where I was stationed. Although he was a pilot too, the front seater was TJ Flora whos father at the time was a General in the KS ANG.

I had just returned from deployment a couple of days prior, so this was a great welcome back. I've got a photo of Jay and I sitting on the jet, with him explaining the WSO 'pit.

Great memories in that pic of the Gypsy Tomcat!

-Jeff
    I pass gas!

The first of the teen series fighter demo's I ever saw was the Tomcat at the Kalamazoo Air Zoo, back in the '80's. From the World Famous Pukin' Dogs. They used to perform the Grumman Cat fly by back then, with the Wildcat, Hellcat, Tigercat, Bearcat, and Tomcat. During the second pass when they flew over the crowd the Tomcat would pull into the vertical for the missing man fly-by. That was always an awesome sight. I realized they were getting old around the second to last year they were at Gary, IN. and the Tomcat that went for the night show had to call a mayday due to a hydraulics failure and he had to land using the chain on the runway since he lost his brakes. It was dark, you couldn't really see anything until the tail hook hit the concrete and you could see the sparks. We didn't have night vision at the time, because we were all forced back into the hangers or the parking lot for safety reasons. I always loved it when it would fly a missed approach then pull vertical in full burner. All you could hear was the noise of the engines until he came out of burner. Then mostly what you heard were all of the car alarms from the parking lot going off as a result of them converting fuel into noise at a prodigious rate!!!

A few more pictures with some new liveries fresh out of Mark's paint shop:

John,

I'm very happy to see that two of my picks made th cut. Also I'm noticing that the pilots are not wearing oxy masks? Is there a pressure system modeled? If so, good on ya! If not, well it's still nice to see the option of mask on/off.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Hello Rick,

We're still wringing out the details; but the oxy system will definitely be in place.

Is the Kitty Hawk being released with the cool cat ? ... or If not ... Ive hiding in a closet is it a freeware hiding somewhere else <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Members who have read this thread: 114