Maj. J.j. Jabara fu-513

Thread: Maj. J.j. Jabara fu-513

Maj. J.j. Jabara fu-513

WIP. Don't worry, the paint will look like paint. This is an alignment test.

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

That's a lot of consecutive Js. Looking good.

Have been days deciding which plane will be my first DCS addon,
    coming down to either the Sabre of the MiG-15. Both would be great.

​.

Well if you get the Mig you won't be able to enjoy this livery! Lol.

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Weathered is in work...

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

And the less dirty version is also in WIP...

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Love it. Especially the shots with the pilot looking at the camera ship. Really looks like it's posing for an article in a magazine! (Should post some shots over Lake Winnebago with KOSH in the background! Those happen a lot during EAA!) It certainly does look real. I may have to get DCS yet! Looks like there's a nice MiG-21 and Su-25 (no Frogfoot for FSX yet) available as well!

Thanks Josh. The SU-25T and the TF-51 come with DCS world and the Caucasus map in v2.5. The Frogfoot is not a clickable VC. But remains a complex level sim anyway. It just uses keyboard commands (which can be mapped) to execute functions. Pretty good for the free content to get your taste buds primed.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Looking great, Rick! I have a 1:18 model of this plane! One thing: on my model the number ‘FU-513’ is depicted on the rear fuselage. In the screenshots I only see ‘FU’. Is that historically more correct?

Than you! Yes, they will be there. Right now the texture LUA code is inhibiting the auto generated numbers from displaying. I'm deciding if I want to permanently paint them on or allow users to put in a tail number that will cause the 3 digits to change to their input.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Thanks fpr your explanation, Rick. Looking forward to flying this bird.

Ok I've edited the spec a little more and refined there dirt layers.

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Further refining added sine panel color variations...and the Spec... Not sure if I like it....I might start over...

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

While she still looks great, Rick, after viewing yesterday's images I started to think you were beginning to over-work this one. As a photo-derived artist/painter, am know this self-annoying tendency well. Am thinking that a well-worn, dirtier livery would very challenging to create because of the need for the precise uniformity of such throughout the skins. My favorite thus far are of the less-dirty livery you posted here on the 11th.

The MiG, the Sabre, the MiG, the Sabre... am likely getting both eventually, classic birds. Will say that, with all of the incredibly-talented skins artists out here, your cleaner Sabre repaint is the most realistic of any I've ever seen. Simply amazing, Rick.

​.

So there will be 2 versions. One 'clean' which is actually still got some dirt... The other weathered. And I'm going to redo it... This one is not turning out how I hoped! Lol. Just goes to show... It doesn't always work out for me!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    It is of course a matter of taste. The factory-fresher and shinier, the better as far as I am concerned. I really like the fact that you give us a choice!

Ok, this one is incoming very soon. Just need to paint the exhaust probe red...and add BORT back in.

Settled on this weathered look.

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

That is absolutely mouthwatering. I don't have DCS
    but that would look incredible for other Sabres in FSX.

Anthin.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthin View Post
    That is absolutely mouthwatering. I don't have DCS
    but that would look incredible for other Sabres in FSX.

Anthin.
    Thank you sir! Believe me, I would LOVE to get this look in the FSX/P3D. It's simply not possible. It would be possible in FSW if there were a Sabre available to that platform. They use Physical Based Rendering (PBR) which is what DCS uses also. For the price of 3 A2A addons you could have DCS world that comes with a TF-51 and Su-25T & the Updated v2.5 Caucasus map. The Nevada Test and Trainning range map and the Sabre, and that is paying Full price. If you wait for a Sale you could get all 3 for much less. And the beauty is that if you want to fight the MiG's they are all in the sim. Every aircraft that is offered is in teh sim as AI. Full external visual and animations. So you can never NOT see the other guys aircraft if you fly in MP. It's a great sim!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Here's the final weathered.

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Made a few more modificaitons. Here's the final product. Just need to correct a couple missing pieces the at I just noticed.

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Some better Screenshots of the final product in multiple lighting conditions so you can see how it looks from different sun angles.

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Outstanding, Rick, very photo-real. The sole bits of constructive criticism to offer is: The numbers and word spacing on tail and fuselage are spaced a bit wide here and there, one example being the 3 in FU-513 has more spacing between it and 1 than do the other numbers/letters. The 24513 number would have been spray painted on with a stencil, and U.S. Air Force on the tail would be a little larger, taller font. Just depends how much realism you're after and how fussy you want to be, as it's already a top-shelf livery.

​.

Quote Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
    Outstanding, Rick, very photo-real. The sole bits of constructive criticism to offer is: The numbers and word spacing on tail and fuselage are spaced a bit wide here and there, one example being the 3 in FU-513 has more spacing between it and 1 than do the other numbers/letters. The 24513 number would have been spray painted on with a stencil, and U.S. Air Force on the tail would be a little larger, taller font. Just depends how much realism you're after and how fussy you want to be, as it's already a top-shelf livery.

Thanks,. The spacing is due to the BORT number system used in DCS. I didn't paint the numbers on. They are an added feature. I could type in any number and it will appear there. I could have painted it myself, but I opted to give the MP flyers the option to not all be flying the same tail number if they choose. I did notice the spacing issue as well. I'm going to leave it alone for now. Perhaps I'll paint the numbers on for the clean version... It limits it's use to one player though...
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Uploaded. Will be available when the admin review it. Enjoy!

DOWNLOAD HERE

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Members who have read this thread: 1