Tea; Whats your fave, how do you make it...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tea; Whats your fave, how do you make it...

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!

Tea; Whats your fave, how do you make it...

Hey all,

For tea drinkers; what is your fave tea? How do you usually fix it? In the cup? In the kettle? What do you like to put in it?

My fave tea; Uncle Lee's Green Tea 'Jasmine' (great stuff)

New tea I am trying; Guayaki Yerba Mate (has a strange flavor, but famous in the health food sector)

Creation: Fill the coffee maker up with water, drop in 6 bags of Jasmine, maybe 1 or 2 Guayaki bags as well. Lasts a few hours. No additives with it.

Curious to see how others have theirs.....

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

usually Earl Grey or Darjeeling for me, although assam isn't bad... preperation: Drop single tea bag in a mug, add 2 sugars , add boiling water let brew for 3-4mins, add milk, remove tea bag and enjoy... (the 2 sugars makes it a NATO.... oh and don't let the NAAFI do it for you.... unless you like luke warm weak stuff), or for a twist, go with the earl grey, same procedure as above and add a capfull of Scotch... great for a cold morning... really kickstarts the system...

another favourite tea of mine is called Liptons, comes in Peach or Lemon flavour bottled, and is served cold with ice < THAT is my favourite tea...

gonna have to try yours though Bill, sounds quite nice...

Lol, off topic somewhat !!!!

I like mine with coffee !

Currently it´s green tea, but only high quality japanese. Cheap green tea is a pure disgrace IMHO!

My fav. is Kabusecha Tenko.

Preparation:
    You have to wait some time for the boiled water to cool down to araund 60°-70°. And don´t let the tea in the water any longer than 60 sek. You can use the same leaves for two further infusions, it get´s a little softer in taste then.

Superb stuff!!! Highly recomended for "hardcore-green-tea-lovers" you´ll find here:
    http://prostores4.megawebservers.com...%2C/Detail.bok

Regards
    Alex

PS: Personally I am a coffee-nut, too. Need both tea (strong assam in the morning) and loads of coffee to make my day
    Dont grow up! ... It´s a trap!

Straight forward 'proper' tea like English Morning Breakfast, NATO Standard. All day, every day :salute:

Fresh water always boiled, straight in to a mug with the bag, stir it around a few times to get enough flavour and a good colour without stewing it, then remove the bag and add Milk and sugar.

Perfection

Vanilla Rooibos tea is my new favorite, I'm still trying different brands but haven't found one I disliked. If you enjoy tea and haven't tried Rooibos tea your in for a treat.

Blog Entries
    Lipton Tuscan Lemon....love it. I never was much a tea drinker until introduced to it by my Virginia wife. A very nice habit around 2:00 in the afternoon. I believe our British friends had something there.
    Ted
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Master of Disaster
    Tea, Earl Gray, hot. Just like John Luck Picards!!
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Quote Originally Posted by MudMarine View Post
    Tea, Earl Gray, hot. Just like John Luck Picards!!
    LOLOLOL.... Love that, when he would have his tea made, lolol.. Good one Tim.

Man, some really great ways of having Tea. I didnt know there was so many ways. I know there is alot of tea out there.

Alex, sounds like you have it down to an engineered science. I too like to reuse the tea bags and add a fresh one as well.

I must admit I am also a coffee-aholic and have to have my morning doses or the day isnt complete... On that 'off topic', I mix a scoop and a half of Walmart decaf and half a scoop of good, french roasted Espresso custom. I cant take alot of caffiene, but I can sure take alot of tea...

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Alex, sounds like you have it down to an engineered science
    I am too sloppy for making a science out of anything realy:redf: Just discoved greentea rather late - always prefered solid strong black teas - and figured my way through it. Don´t use any thermometer for the temp or stopwatch for the infusion or anything, just pure feeling! If it tasts good it sure is good!

Alex
    Dont grow up! ... It´s a trap!

Charter Member 2015
    Lyons Gold Blend... http://www.amazon.com/Lyons-Gold-Lab.../dp/B000FAB4GE

2 or 3 bags in a teapot, pour in boiling water and let it sit for a few minutes. Pour into mug and small amount of milk, no sugar ...couple of biscuits.....sorted!
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Master of Disaster
    Bill, usually when I stand in front of my replicator every morning I order "coffee black, hot". I don't report to the bridge until I have my coffee and I've kicked Dr. Crusher out of my quarters. I'm not worried because Number One has everything under control.
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

My favourite cup of tea is actually coffee . I normally drink instant coffee as other persons in this house normally drink "green tea". On the rare occasion I drink tea I drink ordinary black tea (Pickwick - English melange).

Cheers,
    Huub

Iced Lipton tea preferably aged at least 4-5 days in the fridge and served with fried catfish and hush puppies.

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas Hill Country
    Arizona outa the bottle...............
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

while you folks are drinking your tea, i'll have some hot chocolate with 3 drops of orange extract, or 1 drop of mint

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgzEBLa3PPk

Search YT for the PG Tips Chimps, classic stuff, a reasonable blended tea, but classic chimps.

Temple of heaven, china green tea. "special gun powder"

Tetley Tea..... strong, hot, or iced and on the rocks. But, straight up ONLY. The way tea was meant to be. :d
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

Marines don't drink tea. Sorry Mud, you have to turn in your USMC card, LOLOLOLOL. I like iced tea. With some lemon. In the morning it's coffee. Black. Hot.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

6297J
    I'm another coffee drinker (I've just come back from two weeks in the US - sorry guys but what you drink is not coffee, it's just brown water and you should be ashamed ) but I also like a strong cup of Lapsang souchong from time to time.

Boil up water, pour it into a kettle, drop in some tea bags, wait a few minutes and done?

I like peppermint.

Quote Originally Posted by Odie View Post
    Iced Lipton tea preferably aged at least 4-5 days in the fridge and served with fried catfish and hush puppies.
    Ditto, sans the fish. I'll never turn away a hush puppy though.
    I drink iced tea with lemon by the gallons.
    "No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often." - Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt

I used to buy from a company online called Specialty Teas:

http://www.specialteas.com/

But haven't done so in a while. But they carry some very delicious green teas...

NC

Red Rose tea. A little hard to find, but so worth the effort. Smooth, never bitter. I prefer boiling water in a whistling tea kettle, then letting the bag steep for a moment or two. Makes excellent iced tea, too.

Bob

Think I'll go brew some hot tea now.