Boeing B-50 V1 Released - Page 7
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Boeing B-50 V1 Released

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    MZee, what kind of graphics card do you have?
    It's AMD Radeon HD 7900 .
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

B-50 2D Panel?

Are there any good 2D panel for the B-50? I like 2D panels. Bob.

What a masterpiece you guys have created here ! So grateful !!! Mike

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    OK, this should do it.

Code:
    Merging Virtavia's B-29 Interior into Manfred Jahn's B-50
    ---------------------------------------------------------

1) Copy the "Virtavia_B-29_interior.MDL" file from "\Virtavia B-29 Superfortress\model.B-29A_late" folder to the "\Boeing_B-50\model.B50" folder

2) Edit the "Model.cfg" file in the the "\Boeing_B-50\model.B50" folder to read:

[models]
    normal=B50_01
    //interior=B50_interior
    interior=Virtavia_B-29_interior

3) Make a copy of the "\Virtavia B-29 Superfortress\panel" folder and name/rename the copy it to "panel.B29" 
    Copy the new folder to the "\Boeing_B-50" folder. (Don't forget where it came from -- don't pass it along)

4) Make a copy of the "\Virtavia B-29 Superfortress\texture.shared" folder and name/rename the copy it to "texture.virtavia" 
    (I put the name Virtavia in there in case someone forgets where it came from and accidently passes it around).

Copy the new folder to the "\Boeing_B-50" folder.

5) Edit the "texture.cfg" file in the "\Boeing_B-50\texture.46010" folder to read:

[fltsim]
    fallback.1=..\texture
    fallback.2=..\texture.Virtavia
    fallback.3=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture

6) Copy the new "texture.cfg" file to all numbered exterior texture folders that will use the B-29 cockpit.  DO NOT copy it to the "texture" folder.

7) Edit the "panel=" line of each [fltsim.xx] section of the Boeing_B-50 "aircraft.cfg" file to read "panel=B29".

8) Copy the [CameraDefinition.xx] sections from the Virtavia B-29 "aircraft.cfg" file to the Boeing_B-50 "aircraft.cfg" file replacing the one section that is there.  

9) Edit the [Views] section of the Boeing_B-50 "aircraft.cfg" file to read: 
    (this works for me and my monitor so some tweaking might be required)

[Views] 
    //eyepoint=28.9, -1.75, 2.08  
    eyepoint= 27.65, -2.04,  2.40
    I think that's all I did. If I forgot to record a step just ask here and I'll amend these instructions.
    Hi Frank,

It's really good, but unfortunately the Monitor window is not available!

Zsolt
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

many thanks to the whole team behind this,

I finally got around to installing this today, and the level of detail is astonishing, it clearly puts some payware to shame

Can I suggest for a future update, instead of the turrets just rotating 360*, they move around a little more realistic like track up down and back and forth in traverse (minor details)

but a beautiful package

Matt, it`s about time you start painting it!

Cheers, Marc

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Hi @greyeagle,

In my post #128 above, if u install the 'beech gauge' then smoke is automatic once throttle > 60%, and smoke stops when throttle < 60% of full power - so see the smoke on takeoff, climb, then (usually) off at cruise speeds.
    Also, the smoke effect I referred to is a bit more pronounced, so u can try swapping it out if u prefer.
    Appreciate the help but the smoke will not disappear <60%.

The Boeing B-50 yoke decal:
    http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/Upc...to/2000530059/

It is at least in this picture different from the B-29 decal.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    Hi Frank,

It's really good, but unfortunately the Monitor window is not available!

Zsolt
    You have to add "B50" folder from the original MJ "panel" folder. Look at #60 post.

Quote Originally Posted by Meridien View Post
    You have to add "B50" folder from the original MJ "panel" folder. Look at #60 post.
    All ok!

Thank you,
    Zsolt
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Zolt. Copy all the [Windowxx] entries from the original B-50 panel file and over-write those in the B-29 panel file. The monitor should show then.

Dave
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Unfortunately, in addition to problem!

Zsolt
    I think you may be the victim of a corrupted download. Happened to me the first time I downloaded the B-50. Even had an MD-3 GPU sticking out of the top of the fuselage. Try deleting your current file, download it again, and start from scratch. Not what you want to hear, I know, but I think it may solve your problems. Good luck my friend...
    The OMS

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    All ok!

Thank you,
    Zsolt

Stunning interior shot Zsolt.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by oldmsgt View Post
    Zsolt
    I think you may be the victim of a corrupted download. Happened to me the first time I downloaded the B-50. Even had an MD-3 GPU sticking out of the top of the fuselage. Try deleting your current file, download it again, and start from scratch. Not what you want to hear, I know, but I think it may solve your problems. Good luck my friend...
    The OMS
    Unfortunately, this did not improve the situation!

Quote Originally Posted by worknow View Post
    Matt, it`s about time you start painting it!

Cheers, Marc
    ive been looking at schemes

Are the graphic hiccups perhaps related to FSX being run in DX9 mode I am beginning to wonder?

As one of the suspicions is that the Sim_B50. xml gauge is at fault, you could try eliminating <elements> sections in that gauge one by one (or half by half) to see if the finger can be pointed at one element in particular. Nowhere in that code is there any reference to autogen or street lighting, or dx mode.

As I said, I am only concerned with setups that come out of the box.

For instance, out of the box, the turrets should operate just fine, both in increments, and up and down. A panel merge might kill that.

Let me follow up another suspicion, this time related to the fact that the mdl is FSX/P3D. I'll offer a dedicated FSX test model here to see if that avoids the horroshow effects shown by by MZee, Warhorse and ZSolt. Stand by.

I removed the (Sim_B50.xml) file and the abolition of the graphical anomaly
    After the "flight reset", even occurs

How to remove your pilots how to add external objects (GPU, fire extinguisher etc)?

Thank you for all efforts!

Zsolt

Quote Originally Posted by familton View Post
    Are there any good 2D panel for the B-50? I like 2D panels. Bob.
    I have used the 2D panel from the Wings of Power B-29.

RB-50F "47-144" with red artic markings.

Scrshot679 by Jens-Ole Kjølberg, on Flickr

Scrshot680 by Jens-Ole Kjølberg, on Flickr

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Great paint,paintkit available?

Zsolt

Thanks. Yes, the paintkit is included in the release. Check the extra folder

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    Thanks. Yes, the paintkit is included in the release. Check the extra folder
    Thanks I see...

How to remove your pilots how to add external objects (GPU, fire extinguisher etc)?

Zsolt

No, it is in the folder named "paintkit".. Everything you need for a basic layered texture with the exception of the alphachannel texture.

Scrshot688 by Jens-Ole Kjølberg, on Flickr

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Members who have read this thread: 1