SimWorks Studios F-4B Phantom II - Page 9
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161719 ... LastLast

Thread: SimWorks Studios F-4B Phantom II

Anyone tested this one yet?

Cees

Yes, I have.

My early view...

Took off from North Island, tried a few (unsuccessful) traps on AI USS Kitty Hawk, and landed back a Miramar. My impressions are it is similar to the MV E/J in feel - makes sense as they were/are both Phantoms. Only issue I found was a little directional stability on touchdown on the runway. Wanted to "skate" all over the place - but that could be just really poor technique on my part - more used to Large transport aircraft/airliners, than Jet fighters. Noticed that w/o Tacpack, all I could get was "clean" configuration - again, could just be me...

Will certainly jump on the learning curve with this one.

Bill

Does somebody was able to make the radar work and also to find the cooling system for the radar ?

Not an auspicious start for me... I cant get the setup file to run on my machine... never seen this type before. I have disabled the AV while doing it so its not that causing the problem. I'd have rather they use a .rar or .zip. never had any trouble with those.

Matt

I have a problem with the joystick. The axes of my X55 won't work on this plane. On all other planes it works great. And I got a message during the installation:

It reads: a newer version of Microsoft C++2010 Redisdributable has been detected on the machine....

Never seen this before.....

Cees

any comment on external and internal fps?
    Intel i5-2500K - Zotac GTX 750 Ti - 4GB G-Skills - Gigabyte B75M - Simbada 500 W PSU - 17' LED

External and internal FPS are good. Model is okay. Would like to fly her, but no cigar as yet. But it is an open beta after all.

Cees

Lol. And I know this may sound a bit awkward, but how is the model compared to the "other" Phantom?
    Intel i5-2500K - Zotac GTX 750 Ti - 4GB G-Skills - Gigabyte B75M - Simbada 500 W PSU - 17' LED

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    I have a problem with the joystick. The axes of my X55 won't work on this plane. On all other planes it works great. And I got a message during the installation:

Never seen this before.....

Cees
    Cees,

I got the same message, but it didn't seem to affect my installation.

I am in the middle of an orientation flight at the moment, but it took me 3 tries. On my first try the VC was flashing and my TrackIR5 wasn't working. On my second try I had a stable VC, but my TrackIR5 still wasn't working. I restarted TrackIR5 and FSX and on my third try the VC is stable and TrackIR5 is working fine. I haven't read any of the manuals yet, but she took off nicely with a little touchiness. Airborne she flies very nicely and leaves a great F-4 smoke trail.

The air frame and textures seem to be topnotch and she flies aerobatics beautifully.

Now I am going to land and load up some ordnance.

BTW...I'm using a HOTAS Cougar with an FSSB R1 stick.
    Mike M.​

Quote Originally Posted by Peg o my heart View Post
    Lol. And I know this may sound a bit awkward, but how is the model compared to the "other" Phantom?
    I don't have the other F-4, but this one looks great to me.

The verdict on the performance is still out, but so far so good.

Now I better go read the manuals.
    Mike M.​

Quote Originally Posted by MDIvey View Post
    Not an auspicious start for me... I cant get the setup file to run on my machine... never seen this type before. I have disabled the AV while doing it so its not that causing the problem. I'd have rather they use a .rar or .zip. never had any trouble with those.

Matt
    This is a first. Will get in touch on Monday for a zipped version.

@Cees and others with no control, if VC++2010 is not installed this will happen. We are working on a permanent fix for that. Until then you can comment out F-4B_AFCS from panel.cfg but at the loss of Autopilot and SAS systems.

If encountering a problem, send us an e-mail with the problem at support@simworksstudios.com and we'll get back to you ASAP.

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator
    http://www.simworksstudios.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SimWorksStudios

Weapons Loading Tip: Use Shift+2 for the Weapons/Payload Manager window to open instead of Shift+3 as stated in the Aircraft Familiarization manual. Then highlight a weapon and left mouse click on the number(s) that appear on the
    fuselage bottom template to add the weapon(s). I'm probably slow, but it took me a while to figure this out.

Now that I've crossed that hump, I'll move on to learning how to fire them.
    Mike M.​

Quote Originally Posted by SiR_RiPPER View Post
    This is a first. Will get in touch on Monday for a zipped version.

@Cees and others with no control, if VC++2010 is not installed this will happen. We are working on a permanent fix for that. Until then you can comment out F-4B_AFCS from panel.cfg but at the loss of Autopilot and SAS systems.

If encountering a problem, send us an e-mail with the problem at support@simworksstudios.com and we'll get back to you ASAP.
    Alas, still no cigar.....

Cees

Here we go, here we go, here we go.....

Dave

I sorted install... SWS_F4B_Beta_0.93_setup[1] was file name as downloaded. I renamed the [1] bit to .exe then it worked fine. Not managing to load stores yet though... load manager doesn't seem to be working at the moment. It doesn't require Tacpac to work does it?

Matt

Is tacpac required to use/configure/load the plane? ? I don't have TACPAC. I followed directions and nothing was loaded.
    I clicked on stores and then clicked on yellow circle area (nothing happened) then on green arrow - same results.

Quote Originally Posted by mikewmac View Post
    Weapons Loading Tip: Use Shift+2 for the Weapons/Payload Manager window to open instead of Shift+3 as stated in the Aircraft Familiarization manual. Then highlight a weapon and left mouse click on the number(s) that appear on the
    fuselage bottom template to add the weapon(s). I'm probably slow, but it took me a while to figure this out.

Now that I've crossed that hump, I'll move on to learning how to fire them.

Problem while installing F-4B

I uninstalled/installed the SW F-4B with my AV on park (off) upon completion of installing, I get this message and wonder if that is preventing me from loading
    or external configuration? ^

Edit: if MSV C++ 2010 has been detected, then why do I get the resolve problem message?

MS offers MSV 2013/2015 as well....would it help if I got latest version?

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I uninstalled/installed the SW F-4B with my AV on park (off) upon completion of installing, I get this message and wonder if that is preventing me from loading

Is your joystick working?

Cees

Yes it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    Is your joystick working?

Cees

Exactly same experience here Grey Eagle. Also CTL-U/CTL-I don't facilitate cat launch.

Matt

The only thing that responds (works) with the mouse is the Pilot/Rio boxes - Each time I click on them, I get a pilot/RIO with different helmet. The Top banner will start the plane.

I have about 10 versions of MS V C++ installed and from my browsing on this I read it not a good idea to delete any of them as they may of been needed by another program.

Is tacpac required to use/configure/load the plane? ? I don't have TACPAC. I followed directions and nothing was loaded.
    I clicked on stores and then clicked on yellow circle area (nothing happened) then on green arrow - same results.

Wow, haven't even ventured to a carrier yet.

I guess we all have same/similar issues, nice not being alone on this but then I am interested in a cure to this conundrum with the load manager.

Quote Originally Posted by MDIvey View Post
    Exactly same experience here Grey Eagle. Also CTL-U/CTL-I don't facilitate cat launch.

Matt

I added the center line tank by clicking on the circled 5, but I have TacPack, so maybe it is required to add weapons and tanks.
    Mike M.​

Edit: if MSV C++ 2010 has been detected, then why do I get the resolve problem message?

MS offers MSV 2013/2015 as well....would it help if I got latest version?
    I have all the versions dated 2006 through 2015 including 2010 and I got the same message, but I don't think it has caused a problem yet.

I think that the newer versions that I have are required by other FSX aircraft that I have, so I can't uninstall them.
    Mike M.​

Its a great looking model but I will be very disappointed if non tacpac users can only have a clean configuration to fly.

Matt

Members who have read this thread: 6