Totally non-CFS2 Related question...

Thread: Totally non-CFS2 Related question...

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!

Icon22 Totally non-CFS2 Related question...

Hiya Everybody!

Hope this post finds everyone ready to get out from under this lock-down and get back to life!

Got a totally non-CFS2 related question:

Does anyone around here know of an online game-playing site where one can go, meet up with another specific person, such as a daughter or a friend, and play cribbage?

Thanks!
    MR
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

Hi MR
    Cribbage!!! A rare game.
    This is an interesting request.
    I can't help you but I can tell a story.

My Dad showed me how to play Cribbage when I was about 12-13. He made a board and we would play in the garage.
    Never played after that.

Until!

We were on a Cricket tour of the England and we had a 'games challenge' with one of the teams we played against.
    It was a big deal, the whole village was involved, gumboot throwing, arm wrestling, darts, 'boat races' (you might need to look this up) etc, etc
    One of the games was Cribbage. No one in our squad knew much about the game.
    Anyway, I put my hand up and got a partner.
    We played their team and I played (and showed my partner how to play) from my memory from about 25 years ago (at the time).

We won!!!
    Mainly because I spotted our opponents CHEATING!!! on the scoring, early on and put an end to that.

I can't remember all of the night, but everyone had a sensational time and I drove the team bus home, having only had 6 pints!

I have not played cribbage since.

Take Care

Stuart

Mr,
    There are plenty of options...have a look at tis one..

http://www.cribbagepro.net/

Cheers

Shessi

Stuart....

“...... and I drove the bus home..” WOW! Did you look for, or see, Nemo on the way to “Down under”
    That must have been some long breath hold!!!

Icon22

Hey Guys!

Thanks for the anecdotes and suggestions!

Much appreciated.

Many moons ago, I was in the Navy. It wss the old NAVY, before the advent of the internet, cell phones, female crew members and all that good stuff.

Back in those olden days, when you went to sea you were gone. You were out of touch.

Reading (real books with paper pages that you turned by hand), playing cards and attending the nightly movies on the mess deck were the big three forms of entertainment. And cribbage was one of the big two or three games most everyone played.

We had ship-wide tourney's with the usual prize being a cribbage board, shaped like the number 29, hand-crafted in the ship's shop.

Back in the early 2000s MS had a great gaming website where you could go and sit down with people from all over the world and play online cribbage. There was also the option of playing against invited guests.

It was easy to use. Alas, that website is long gone and I was hoping to find a website that offered pretty much the same experience. I'll give these two a try.

Thanks!
    MR
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

MR....

....you forgot the once weekly one sheet posting of some outside world news posted by the ships clerks office. Sometimes the only way we knew it was Sunday is when we had to get our anti-malaria pills. Gasp ! And I am still here after taking them. IMPOSSIBLE!!!
    Twoyears ago we went to a family function/ships reunion and went aboard the Liffey. She is the same as my old ship the D.H.Fox. My wife couldn’t believe how cramped everything was. Made me feel like I was 18 again!

We had a scrimshawed tusk for the pegboard! This one has online multiplayer:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/cr...ot:overviewtab

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by Fibber
    ....you forgot the once weekly one sheet posting of some outside world news posted by the ships clerks office. Sometimes the only way we knew it was Sunday is when we had to get our anti-malaria pills. Gasp
    Right, the news updates posted on the bulletin board outside the ships office. WRT meds and pills, we used to get all of our shots and meds while standing in line to get paid. The corpsmen would stand on either side of you each holding one of those injection "guns". As you stopped on the "on-deck" spot just outside the mess-decks door, you would get whatever shots or meds were needed before stripping through to get paid. Those were the days!

MR

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Quote Originally Posted by rhumbaflappy View Post
    We had a scrimshawed tusk for the pegboard! This one has online multiplayer:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/cr...ot:overviewtab
    Thanks Rhumba. That link gets my hopes up.

A scrimshawed tusk, eh? I like it!

MR

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

My brother has the tusk now, which is odd because he never played cribbage. Here's a link to what it looked like:

https://www.skinnerinc.com/search?s=...Cribbage+Board

It had a schooner on it, and was better than most of these examples. They frown on taking walrus tusks for this now...

Members who have read this thread: 1