MV DHC-2 Beaver repaints.....and requests. - Page 7
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: MV DHC-2 Beaver repaints.....and requests.

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    yes, I thought I included that in the readme?
    Oops! Sorry Jan, I it had in my head it was a swap from wheels to floats made by the user. Your last screen shot was still imprinted on my mind's eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Attwood View Post
    To do JanKees paint justice change the line in the aircraft.cfg 'model=' to model=1. That way you'll see the detail of the 'Qantas' which won't be wiped out by the window.

Love the reflection in the water!
    Thanks for the advice I was wondering about that issue, back to the readme.

That little improvement seems to have come about after I installed Steves DX10 Fixer but later uninstalled it for reasons relating to my video card not the Fixer, i bumped up the water level in the FSX menu to 2.0x but not high with no hit in frame rates (well modest) and I left in the force VCCockpit Shadows in the FSX.cfg.It is DX9 only with REX water and cloud textures. I can only surmise that somehow the shader texture files are still being used or something but there has also been an amazing change in the VC of some older legacy aircraft (like the JBK Flying Boats) all of a sudden the cockpits and a lot of other textures instead of remaining flat have changed to show a depth and clarity I have not seen before. Bonus.

Milviz DHC-2 (U-2) Beaver in United States Naval Test Pilot

Many small defects but … ; - )) To br uploaded very soon
    The painting was made with the help of DXT2BMP and Paint Shop Pro v4.0 (edited in 1997 ! - No layer composer available) on a simple 23" screen.

So please do not zoom or close up to much this is just the work (really ; - )) of an amateur
    Btw : I cannot color the pitot tube nor the step (where on the sheet ?).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2017-07-04_202902.jpg   2017-07-04_203024.jpg  

Damn me! I have just this minute put the final touches to that same aircraft! Great minds eh?

I am in the throes of doing some screenshots.

In the meantime download this picture(the forum wont let you see the full sized one.)I honestly cant remember if there was one more piece, but I've marked the ones I can remember! The little dots are the ends of the bottom rung, I mean, for God's sake!

http://www.finnglish.co.uk/scrns/steps.jpg

EDIT: I found it! If you've already looked at the screenie, look again!

Ron just looking at the texture file for a repaint makes my head spin!

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    yes, these were high on my list! All I need is time...
    JanKees much appreciated. This was a fascinating time in the Qantas story, because of various deals done in OZ, Qantas was restricted to, or other carriers were forbidden by Australian law, to international operations only, which covered a lot of stuff, including offshore Australian Islands. In that process they collected or bought a lot of different aircraft to do this particularly in PNG, so they ended up with PBY Catalinas, DC-3's Beavers, Otters, Shorts Sandringhams at the same time they were going full bore with the Constellation and well on their way to going the 707 route. Like all politics it was then decided that these places were now domestic and the routes handed over to Ansett and the newly formed TAA, the rest is history. Qantas kept the DC-4's, phased out the Connies and went to the 707 which they later supplemented with the L-188 Electra. They never did domestic again until they were handed TAA-Australian Airlines on a plate and it became Qantas domestic, the wheel turned full circle.

As for Fiji Airways well Qantas had a big stake in that company with the Fijian Government so they had a knack of offloading aeroplanes to Fiji Airways, the Beaver and the DC-3 come to mind.

It was an exciting time to be involved in aviation the pace of change was simply amazing. Now they are all spam tubes with all encompassing electronics running everything and 1000 page manuals to digest to boot.

Hello Ron,

Very good job as you always do.

Anyway I had a good training, the more with such an awful paint sheet !

Tanks for the tips about steps and pitot.
    May I add - if you didn't find it yet - the cavity of the landing lights seems to be red (orange) also and there is the palce on the sheet.

Pierre
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2017-07-05_091350.jpg  

Good find Pierre. I always imagined they would be reflectors. Too late now I'm done with it.

Mind your toes! I don't mean to tread on them.

Should you like it, it's on my MediaFire now or on AVSIM soon..ish.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails usn35a.jpg   usn35b.jpg   usn35c.jpg   usn35d.jpg  

Nice one Ron! Thanks!

Cees

Thanks Ron.Great as usual.
    Cheers Chris

A huge thank you goes out to all the painters whom have contributed to the MV Beaver!

Thank you.

One thing -if I may ask again- is.....would any one be kind enough to do ZK-BVR which I posted in the opening post?

Regards,
    Tim.

Thanks Pierre and Ron! Both look very good and make me feel at home in the Beaver.

Preparing the arrival of the "Floats"

This is a WIP as a draft to be transferred as soon as the add-on will be available.

Pierre
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2017-07-11_194503.jpg  

I am painting the interior for the N31357 and N9028 (WIP)

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

Gunnar does that mean you have completed the work you had to do on the STOL kit.

Are you the person who will,or has,updated the paint kit?

Cheers Chris

The exterior textures for the N9028 w/STOL kit are finished. I am now working on the VC and panel colors for this aircraft. And yes, I made a revised version of the paint kit for the Beaver ext. pack.
    This paint kit does not feature any textures for the interior. I had to work on the original files that are not layered.

Here's the N9028 with STOL kit

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

Quote Originally Posted by musterpilot View Post
    Hi guys
    Would really like this repaint if possible

Thanks in advance
    Just bumping this one along if anyone is interested in doing this paint for me thanks

Icon4

Well, nuts..

Looks like I have to dump all these great repaints due to the changes in the latest Beaver version.

Anyone planning to update their repaints (when the updated paint kit is released)? Sure like to military ones.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Not me! I'm completely disenchanted with the fiasco that is the Beaver. Come back Aerosoft, all is forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    Im holding off on uploading the paints and doing anymore at the moment,

plus there is going to be a change with the paintkit/model shortly, and Im not going upload then re upload the same thing, I dont want it to be another ####fight like it was with another developers model no that long ago
    Everyone was pre warned, I did say something a while back on the 4th of June , theres not point whinging about....

It was well publicised that a new version was coming with different UVW mapping... and therefore paints made in the meantime would be of no use in the long term, which is why so few were available to date for such a popular aircraft.

Personally I didn't bother to download any, let alone start making my own, precisely because of this.

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

CF-LRS is a stand-alone follow-up repaint based on my earlier C-FRBB and is intended primarily once again for the amphibian, but is useable on all Standard and Spray 'n Play variants. There are some small changes in the paint scheme and the callsign is fictional. C-FRBB can be updated using the 'Beaver_ext_2.dds' file from this one.
    In 1974, Canadian aircraft identification was changed from CF-xxx (xxx = 3 letters) to C-Fxxx and C-Gxxx. CF-xxx can still be used on 'vintage aircraft' built before 1957, so this Beaver is good for the present or for the good old days.

This is just so wrong - like wearing a tuxedo to dig a ditch or shovel the snow. But it works, and it's fun!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CF-LRS Amphibian.jpg   CF-LRS STOL Tundra.jpg   CF-LRS STOL Float.jpg   CF-LRS Cropduster.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 8