Milviz F-15E Service Pack - Page 3
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Milviz F-15E Service Pack

thats me for the night

hopefully someone will be able to shed some light on this

Charter Member 2012
    I have finally managed to pay for it. Now it has not istalled properley. I have only 2 "impact" files showing under milvis.

This is definately a big pain in the backside - i hope its worth it in the end.

No problem

Download, purchase, used coupon, installed, first flight in quick start no problem.

Jim

cold, dark, no stores or crew, nothing functioned, this is how its set up , cold and dark at startup.

There is a Nuclear Consent switch on the left console , thats the quickstart , the full procedure is more complex but rewarding , the Manual both Quick Start and Full Version are on the website to look over and included with the F15.

funny enough i had no dramas this morning when it was first released, now.. well.... this is starting to suck

Charter Member 2012
    Im re installing and re starting FSX in hope of actually getting to fly it.

Jeansy , Norton may have Quarantined the file on you and in effect deleted it, it would do that to me until i set the .exe up as safe in nortons options list, it ( Norton ) needs to be opened as an admin to have that option list visible.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck_Jodry-VJPL View Post
    Jeansy , Norton may have Quarantined the file on you and in effect deleted it, it would do that to me until i set the .exe up as safe in nortons options list, it ( Norton ) needs to be opened as an admin to have that option list visible.
    have no idea on this , cleaned out my temp files and rebooted seem to be working so far

Stick a fork in me...

...It seems to finally be working! More to follow.

Regards,

Kent

Charter Member 2012
    Finally got the bleeping thing to work but cant get the armaments to change - they dont appear to save (yes i have read manual)

I've got it downloaded & installed, but I don't think the dll's are getting loaded.

There is some indication that UAC user account control is not allowing the writing of the XML.dll and install of some key elements , those who have this issue are advised to close it temporarily or as many do leave it off.

Method 1 - Start --> run --> type msconfig --> run --> go to the last tab --> Disable UAC
    Method 2 --> control panel --> users --> Disable UAC

Did you see the two dlls on FSX loading? If not, then your UAC maybe on and or the installation is bad. (UAC MUST BE OFF)

Charter Member 2012
    Sorry but im confused.

When I use shift + 3 and then click the loads i want - so i have to click it anywhere tosave?

All i see is the weapons appearing in the window but not on the model.

Or do i need to start the aircraft after to see loads appear?

Or do i need to change the payloads and weights manually?

PS - loving the product in every other way!!

I haven't bought it, yet, just a matter of when. I had the same Norton problem with the T 38. I set up an F1 folder under my downloads folder and excluded that from Norton scans. I still turned off Norton scanning to do the install. Hope that helps,

Glenn

FIrst, check to see if you have these lines in your DLL.XML. It is located here:

C:\Users\YOUR NAME HERE\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\dll.xml

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>MILVIZPACK</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>true</ManualLoad>
    <Path>Modules\MILVIZ\Milviz_pack.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
    </Launch.Addon><Launch.Addon>
    <Name>F15E NAV WAYPOINT MANAGER</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>true</ManualLoad>
    <Path>Modules\MILVIZ\F15e_Nav.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
    </Launch.Addon>

They must be added at the end of the file before this line : </SimBase.Document>

Try this. If that doesn't work we will get you some files to try.

Quote Originally Posted by krazycolin View Post
    Did you see the two dlls on FSX loading? If not, then your UAC maybe on and or the installation is bad. (UAC MUST BE OFF)
    Fixed it by running the installer in the F15E folder, as per your post in the Milviz forums.
    UAC and AV were both off, & the original installer was run as admin.

Colin and the Milviz Team (not sure who all of you are),

I usually stay away from payware, as I tend to not want to put any more money into this sim, which I love to use, but every now and then I find an aircraft worth while. I have been watching this project since I first saw it posted here at SOH, and was very sad to see the project cancelled due to the loss of a coworker. I about jumped out of my seat when I saw this was released yesterday. Reading all of the responses on your T-38, and seeing your 310 as well, I was quite impressed to see what you have brought to the table. After getting Mr Skyblazer's review on both the T-38 upon its release, and this F-15E, you have earned my respect and I will gladly support a company like yours who brings quality addons to FSX.

Unfortunately for me, I have a 5 hour drive ahead of me, and knowing that this is installed and waiting for me when I get home, I don't think the drive will go by very quick. Ill post a review and some pictures for those interested. Thank you for your time spent on this, I look forward to flying her.

Charter Member 2012
    Hi Colin and Chuck

Thanks for all your advice and help.

Im not sure what made a difference (if it was the replacement dll) or just reloading everything but its now all working.

Thank you for your excellent product and support.

The project ( and installer ) are the most complex bit of fsx software Milviz has developed to date, 20 some people were involved at one point or another and the first time we saw it in game was about two years ago, at that time some 700,000 poly's and as detailed a model as was ever exported , there were many modifications to bring it in line with the capacities of the average computer , poly optimization and map layouts among them , but it was a team effort , and to some extent ground breaking on a number of levels, including the teamwork needed to pull it off, that was all Colin , pulling a team together.

Charter Member 2012
    It was certainly worth it. I think its better than the aerosoft f16 and VRS Hornet in many ways

Am I the only one having a FPS issue? My frames are in the tank,I'm getting 12+ more frames in VRS F/A-18E[which has just as much glass in VC] And +5 fps in Flight1 Mustang with Huge G1000.What am I missing?

Any advice on improving frames? I really like the model and VC,Beautiful work:salute:

Q9650@4GHz
    8gigs ram
    GTX580

Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by Barnes View Post
    It was certainly worth it. I think its better than the aerosoft f16 and VRS Hornet in many ways
    Sorry this Plane doesn't even come close to the VRS Superbug. Also agreed the Aerosoft F-16 was lacking a lot of functionality, But something they had which the Milviz plane doesn't, an accurate and correct simulation of the F-15E. I'm sorry it just does not look like a real F-15E. I do how ever commend the people who made weapons system, that is superb.

I am not trying to put it down, but I have to say and say it here, it lacks the very thing that makes Flight Simulator a simulator. Am I wrong to say that I would like a real F-15E (at least one that operates and looks like the real thing) in the sim? I know they put a lot of hard work into making it, but I am just not liking what I see. I only wish Milviz will revisit the visuals and make it like the real plane.

Thanks,
    Rob

Charter Member 2012
    Well Rob - we must have different products.

There are just a few things Id like to see improved on the F-15 like some exhaust trail and some cockpit reflections but otherwise its up there with the Aerosoft and VRS.

Im going through the manual and finding loads of stuff to play with.