Cessna 140 released - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cessna 140 released

Can you ensure that you allow aeroplaneheaven based emails through to your account. I will resend my response.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    At some angles canopy looks like without windshield (external only). Just idea to improve this part of texture (and You can do this - example He-111 ) .

Tested 1.0v.
    I did small tweak for canopy, it's more visible from now for me:

Link: https://www.sendspace.com/file/km4s9k .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

You appear not to be using the latest version.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    You appear not to be using the latest version.
    Yes, in PCAviator still 1.0 .

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

we'll chase them up.

Ups, it looks like alien attack from the back . Strange, in 1.0v is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    One of 'those' irritations that I haven't been able to sort out.
    Checked the light setting in the cfg and I can either have them on or off, but I can't tone them down.
    The beacon is annoyingly bright and very red in daylight, at dusk it's really bad.
    Thoughts please.
    And yes, I would prefer to use their support as I purchased my 140 from Just Flight, updated a day or so ago, but this will most likely get me a faster answer.

Wombat : It's a stock effect on an attachpoint. Fx_beacon.fx .

yo-yo : As for it being fine in v1.0 .... it hasnt changed it has always been the stock fx_beacon. If you are seeing changes since v1.0 ... what has changed? Not our attachpoint or it's settings.

Everyone : The issue ( and I have brought this up in the hotfix announcement ) is that 4.5 changed the shaders and rendering methods... or at least it seemed to here. So on my stock 4.4 the beacon is fine. On the 4.5 test rig the stock beacon it's blown out. So do we now need to make effects per point release? Or do we hope that LM gets a hustle on and get 5.0 out and we can all calm down a little. I mean seriously a stock beacon from 4.4 acting correctly and then in 4.5 it doesnt? Oh and what if you are running an enhancement like tomatoshade/PTA or rex enhanced lights ? Are we sure that those tweaks are done correctly and are considered correct for 4.4 or 4.5 or 4.5+hotfix?

It's a minefield. A major problem IMO as it pertains to other possible issues. Make an effect per point release of a simulator and a model ( as it has to have different attachpoints ) per point release of a simulator is going to add time/money and possible bugs to a development. Which is going to increase the fragmentation of the market. We are already seeing people buying PBR 4.4+ releases and trying to run them in 4.1 or 4.2 which didnt have it. Now you will need to know if you have pbr and if you are running 4.4 or 4.5 or 4.5+HF or 5.0 ( in the future ).

I'm probably being over-dramatic. It's cold here and I really want to sit on the sofa with some hot tea and play some doom.

Quote Originally Posted by pilto von pilto View Post
    yo-yo : As for it being fine in v1.0 .... it hasnt changed it has always been the stock fx_beacon. If you are seeing changes since v1.0 ... what has changed? Not our attachpoint or it's settings.
    I have only C140 1.0v and P3Dv4.5 + hotfix1 and its ok on my spec with this bacon light.

Thanks for taking the time pvp.
    Good point that.
    Incremental tweaks by LM would be annoying for developers if they produce aggro even in minor ways.
    Easy enough in this case for me, I'll just turn the beacon off.

"I'm probably being over-dramatic. It's cold here and I really want to sit on the sofa with some hot tea and play some doom."

I think we'll have plenty of Doom to go around once ScoMo and his lot return to Canberra.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Thanks for taking the time pvp.
    Good point that.
    Incremental tweaks by LM would be annoying for developers if they produce aggro even in minor ways.
    Easy enough in this case for me, I'll just turn the beacon off.

"I'm probably being over-dramatic. It's cold here and I really want to sit on the sofa with some hot tea and play some doom."

I think we'll have plenty of Doom to go around once ScoMo and his lot return to Canberra.
    Thanks mate. Yes a move-able flightsim that during point release updates changes large areas and makes significant changes that either break previous fixes/hacks or deletes certain functionalities ( There's no more usercontrolled night lighting in PBR without a lua hack ) is not really a workable thing. But as I have said multiple times. Why does LM care ? Their primary purpose for the sim is training in a specific way. They dont need to keep consumers ( ooops I mean academic students ) happy. So we work with what we have. As long as the community - and most do - understand that these limitations are often out of 3rd party developers hands it's all good.

scomo vs albo. It sounds like a bunch of sesame street characters.

The world is Sesame Street isn't it? We've got ScoMo, Albo, Bojo (Mayo goes this weekend) and Trumpy . Furry little friends all of them and they're all worked by somebody else's hand up their bottoms. Just wish they were all as harmless...

At least we still have a sense of humor to keep on keeping on.
    Looks like 'Boris' is going to complete the set.
    Cue Benny Hill theme.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

SOH-CM-2023
    Benton IL. U.S.A. Ilive in country with 70 acres.

Just, got back from Sullivan Lake Meteline Falls and Ione Washington were I grew up flying my Cessna 140 from Airplane Heaven, I forgot that I'm a old man for awhile thanks to the Cessna 140! Thank you for making this great plane! Lee

Thankyou Lee, glad you're enjoying it. That's what it's for.

So glad AH made this for us. It's a delight. I have P3d v4.5 with the C140 update and don't find the beacon objectionable. I wonder what's up? Also, support has been great. Please build some more of these post-war era light planes (PA-12, Stinson 108).
    Many Thanks,
    62stratfan

Just the question, does the last version for P3Dv4.5+ is 1.1 (Updated May 31st, 2019 - Includes Version 1.1)?

For FSX/P3Dv3 is 1.3.

Is it ok?

All versions are updated. FSX/P3Dv3 is 1.3

Easter eggs in AH C140.
    The last position on the checklist . Im in!

What I like to do is to switch the order around so that the cooling time 2-3 minutes for the engine is the time to skol( skull , quaff , drain ) a beer. That way you are multi-tasking. PLus if you then do the rest of the checklist there's another beer to be had at the end. So in effect you are doing more than your due diligence and are looking after your cessna with utmost respect for it and the correct flying procedures which is another reason for a beer for a job well done. You can also tell your signifigant other that you earned all 3 beers and that aeroplaneheaven told you so. They then blame us and since we're on the other side of the world no harm no foul ( offer not available to Australian residents )

Disclaimer :
    Here at Aeroplaneheaven we do not condone drinking while simulating or simulating drinking.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post

And what happened to this guy? I dont see him (this was nice and good idea).

FYI.

Today I recived from PCAviator info about update for P3Dv4.4+:

Version 1.2
    By popular demand we have re-introduced Harry ( the man holding the prop from our preview screenshots )
    So nice to see Harry again .

I've just installed v1.3 for P3D v4 (this update fixes something in the engine shutdown)

I just noticed that in the manual, on page 8, it says that Carb Heat will need to be used if idling on the ground for a period of time otherwise the carburetor will ice up - but in flight it should not be used. Is that correct for this aircraft? It's not how I've ever used carb heat.
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Yes that is correct. These carburetors ice up quite quickly when the engine is idling. The official POH for the C140 makes note of this.

Hello Bazz,
    any chance to have update it for P3Dv5? This model uses metal textures also which look a little bad ; ) in P3Dv5.

We will update but not until LM has V5 settled and stable. The work involved in these so-called updates is huge. We, along with other developers are far from happy with the situation, frankly.

Members who have read this thread: 2