SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer - Page 59
Page 59 of 119 FirstFirst ... 949515253545556575859606162636465666769109 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 2967

Thread: SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer

I've been working on a build for the one on the right.

Once finished I'll have a perfect, straight-on rendition.

Thanks for the clarification, Milton.

Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post
    I've been working on a build for the one on the right.

Once finished I'll have a perfect, straight-on rendition.

Thanks for the clarification, Milton.
    Looks like someone took that picture with a bright spotlight with the engine on a stand. :-)

I like the appearance of the one on the left better. Look at real world pics.

Real world, you seldom see the jugs unless its a show piece.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Looks like someone took that picture with a bright spotlight with the engine on a stand. :-)

I like the appearance of the one on the left better. Look at real world pics.

Real world, you seldom see the jugs unless its a show piece.
    I agree!
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Marty,

Okay, I see those issues in the transition to new reflective textures. The parts did not get assigned to the new names.

Thanks. Will get the new model to you shortly.

EDIT: Marty, attached is a replacement model that corrects the issues I can see in your pictures. I apologize that in my haste to give you reflective textures (sheen), I overlooked some of these smaller parts. I also noticed that you have an issue with the wing fold hinges. Can you verify that?

EDIT 2: I forgot to say that teh door handles and hinges are mapped to the fuselage area of the door to pick up the fuselage colors. I will have to adjust those maps a little to get them exactly in the correct areas. Also, the wheel wells are not mapped for specific painting; they will be "dark". I will do the nose wheel bay soon.

Thank Milton!
    It's great Milton I admire your work I would like to model.
    But I am very happy if I can contribute and help you with this model.
    Marty

Quote Originally Posted by ferondoe View Post
    Thank Milton!
    It's great Milton I admire your work I would like to model.
    But I am very happy if I can contribute and help you with this model.
    Marty

Thank you Marty; I admire your work as well, and the many talented artists that have contributed here.

Marty, I have finished the nose gear bay change to be dark. Did you check those wing hinges? Seems you had some white and red in them.

NOTE: The attached model is for Marty's work only as it has the reflective attributes turned on and requires body textures to have name changes.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Testing time. Here's what I came up with.

Attachment 58461

A little video i made with my airtankers

Hello,

-Very nice movie!
    But where can we find the model of P-2V Neptune modified water bomber?
    Thank you to you

Alain
    -

Nice job on the video TG, and showing a wide variety of different aircraft with the aspects of fire suppression. I really liked the sounds that Nigel put together. Lots of deep, throaty rumble.

Quote Originally Posted by alain0568 View Post
    Hello,

-Very nice movie!
    But where can we find the model of P-2V Neptune modified water bomber?
    Thank you to you

Alain
    -
    One is being worked on but we dont when it will be ready.
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

Charter Member 2011
    This is such a spectacular project, the screens are extremely tantalising...
    As a non-participant, but very expectant future user, I find I am losing track of all the variants that are being attended to.
    Milton I know you have it all at your fingertips of course, and will let them go when ready.
    Would it be possible to "push" a singleton for release, followed at decent intervals by all the others.
    It would be a shame to suffer "huge package overload", and not give each one the time it deserves...

Quote Originally Posted by Wing_Z View Post
    This is such a spectacular project, the screens are extremely tantalising...
    As a non-participant, but very expectant future user, I find I am losing track of all the variants that are being attended to.
    Milton I know you have it all at your fingertips of course, and will let them go when ready.
    Would it be possible to "push" a singleton for release, followed at decent intervals by all the others.
    It would be a shame to suffer "huge package overload", and not give each one the time it deserves...
    That is my plan; I mentioned that a page or two back. The primary holdup has been the panel.
    The textures for the C1A, E1B, and S2F-3 are done as are the CDF paints by tankerguy.
    Gaucho_59 recently completed the interiors for the C1A and E1B. Snurdley just completed the interior for the S2F-3.

The panel and gauges are central to all the variants; we have been waiting for the panel wrapup . Scott finished the grunt work this past week and we are now reviewing it all. The gauge backlighting bmps are being worked on tonight.

Once that is done and they are tested and tweaked, I have to go back through all the variants and assign those emissive textures to all the panel components, and do more testing.

I will focus on getting the C1A out first followed by the E1B and S2F-3. These will be separate packages due to size and people preferences for these aircraft. Not everyone wants the E1B so why force it.

I will likely package all the CDF radial based aircraft in one download.

The panel and gauges for the turbos will not be done for awhile yet so they will come later.

With any luck, we can get the C1A out to beta in a week.

Hope this explains my current thinking on the matter. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Charter Member 2011
    That is my plan; I mentioned that a page or two back.
    Oops, but as I said, I fell off the wagon at some point inside those 1400+ posts
    Hope this explains my current thinking on the matter. :-)
    Certainly does, and thanks for taking the time to spell it out again!

Sea Trials?

This texture set and the Pint kit that it belongs to is almost ready for sea trials!

Attachment 58480 Attachment 58482

Attachment 58481 Attachment 58483

Attachment 58479
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

-Hello,Cag40Navy,

- this is great news!
    I will wait impatiently
    thank you!

Alain

-

Thank you Marty; I admire your work as well, and the many talented artists that have contributed here.

Marty, I have finished the nose gear bay change to be dark. Did you check those wing hinges? Seems you had some white and red in them.

NOTE: The attached model is for Marty's work only as it has the reflective attributes turned on and requires body textures to have name changes.
    thank you Milton,
    I will test this model this afternoon, for the hinges is good there was red on the white texture to the former model with the new model I removed the red.
    However I have the scoops on the engine nacelles that I can not paint, red for top scoop and white for the bottom, the flagship of the right wing and the party to the rear fuselage.
    Best regards
    Marty

Nice job on the video TG, and showing a wide variety of different aircraft with the aspects of fire suppression. I really liked the sounds that Nigel put together. Lots of deep, throaty rumble.
    My deepest respect to Nigel, I look up to him!...

But if any of these sounds are even related to FS9, I'll eat my hat!
    Very cleverly edited and mixed TG72!
    As it says in the title, "With real sounds".
    I'm just imagining the amount of files needed, and the size of the folder to get this close to reality...

Stuart

Awesome video!
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Testing time. Here's what I came up with.

Attachment 58461
    A bit too dark, in my opinion, especially the gear reduction housing, unless it was painted black for some reason.

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gentlemen, thankyou all for the kindwords but I feel it only fair to point out that Tankerguys nice movie contains dubbed sounds and not those actually used by the model(s).

I do hope you all find the actual model sounds equally awesome.

Stewart; nobody around here need look up to me, I prefer straight in the eye, friendship.
    I just feel more comfortable that's all.

But I do thank you for your very kind encouragement buddy!
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

thinking of the looking up to someone phrase i'm always mentally reminded of Ronnie Barker, Ronnie Corbett and John Cleese in their 'classes' sketch

great progress all, all involved.... Beers on me in the mess tonight! :salute:

thank you Milton,
    I will test this model this afternoon, for the hinges is good there was red on the white texture to the former model with the new model I removed the red.
    However I have the scoops on the engine nacelles that I can not paint, red for top scoop and white for the bottom, the flagship of the right wing and the party to the rear fuselage.
    Best regards
    Marty
    Marty, I do not understand the "flagship" of the right wing or "the party" to the rear fuselage. Screenshots with the areas highlighted would help.

EDIT: Also the air "scoops" are generally mapped to "white1.bmp" as are many other parts. If you change this, all the other parts will also change. I cannot change the mapping at this point as the paint kit and other liveries are completed already.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

'Party to the rear fuselage' ? I'm all over that like airmen to an attractive single woman! i'll bring the beer.... :ernae:

all of my Virtual Mercenary force are looking forwards to some Tracker/Tracer/Trader action.... so on behalf of all them too great job guys keep it up! wish i could have done more to help but hey sometimes things are out of our control....

Marty, I do not understand the "flagship" of the right wing or "the party" to the rear fuselage. Screenshots with the areas highlighted would help.

EDIT: Also the air "scoops" are generally mapped to "white1.bmp" as are many other parts. If you change this, all the other parts will also change. I cannot change the mapping at this point as the paint kit and other liveries are completed already.
    Milton,
    The parts circled in red.
    MartyAttachment 58487Attachment 58486

Milton,
    The parts circled in red.
    MartyAttachment 58487Attachment 58486
    All these parts are mapped generally to the "white1.bmp" texture and cannot be changed at this point.
    Many gear parts, antennas, other small parts are also mapped to this texture.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here