IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Blitz Edition Released

Thread: IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Blitz Edition Released

Icon2 IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Blitz Edition Released

I've been waiting for this update to COD...

1C Game Studios, in partnership with Team Fusion Simulations, is proud to announce the release of a completely updated and improved BLITZ edition of the realistic air combat simulator IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover.

Already known for its incredibly detailed cockpits, massively popular Multiplayer, and complex flight, engine, weapons and damage systems, Cliffs of Dover has now been updated to state-of-the-art DX11 graphics and has had over 20 new flyable aircraft types and variants added to it.

In addition to the 25 original Spitfire, Hurricane, Bf-109 and Bf-110 types, players now have the opportunity to fly new aircraft, such as the rare Bf-109E-4N with its high octane, high-rpm engine and 30mm cannon. Players can also experience the C-6 ground attack version of the Bf-110 and the powerful twin-engine Bristol Beaufighter in both day and night-fighter versions. Glorious new autumn and winter maps allow players to continue the campaign later into 1940 and the era of the ‘Blitz’. Completely revised special effects and damage visuals provide spectacular detail, allowing players to savor the effects of their powerful weapons before sending their opponent’s aircraft crashing and burning to the ground. Speaking of which, new ground textures and scenery, as well as newly implemented cloud systems, provide for a stunning environment to fly over and through, using the revised and improved flight model that provides the accuracy and fidelity flight sim fans expect. On top of all that, new high-fidelity sounds bring the experience of virtual flight to life.

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Blitz Edition is available for purchase on Steam beginning today for USD 24.99. Customers can take 25% off the price with the time limited launch discount. All existing owners of Cliffs of Dover Classic will receive BLITZ free of charge.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Thanks for the heads up. One of my favorites. Flying the Beau now.
    Regards

Exciting to see this upgrade... been a Team Fusion fan since they started and been waiting for 5.0 update. What a surprise to see this pop up and free to boot!!!

Very generous!
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

A very pleasant surprise. Used COD frequently, cause of the choice of theatre, the great VCs and the still good looking lighting. Team Fusion did an outstanding job on the base game. Noticed it's a completely new install, will try it this weekend, really looking forward to the new birds.
    Dont grow up! ... It´s a trap!

One question, will it run at 4K?
    When I loaded the last version of 1946 it stubbornly resisted each and every attempt to run above 1920 x 1080 and looked terrible.
    Way back when IL2 and Pacific Fighters came out I purchased them immediately as I'd read about the hassle that 'Grumman' (who weren't really Grumman) gave them about licensing!
    My tiny blow against stupid 'Intellectual Content' concerning a 50 something year old aircraft from a (then) defunct company.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Using the MS-SFF2 joystick with no issues. Updated to 64 bit and DX11 looks very nice! Tested one of the quick missions.

You're a lot steadier than I am, but why aren't you using the gunsight? Or is it just very faint?
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

I have the gun sight turned off. Pretty much can gauge the shots and liked to see what I'm hitting.

Messing around in the channel and came upon these birds...

COD Blitz 4.5

Via Face Book,Thanks will look into it,have you watched the video on u tube Cliffs of Dover - "Blitz" (TF 4.5) First Look? the fellow complains about ai aircraft not responding to an attack,take a look.
    Team Fusion SimulationsAI is being completely rewritten for v5.00, it is a massive investment of time.
    So we`ll have to wait for the patch i guess.
    alcanallen

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Waiting a little longer for the latest patch. Looks exciting and interesting. I'm a CFS3 and IL-2 '46 fan. Another in the mix would be nice. Very interested in this time period of WWII. Only interested in single player mode. How does CLoD fair in single player ? Regards,Scott

Single player mode is based on quick combat missions which can be configured feely. I also only use this feature since I do not prefer any multiplayer or campaign options.

I really like the atmosphere, landscape and cloud/water quality of the game. It´s still epic:-)

Alex
    Dont grow up! ... It´s a trap!

Blog Entries
    Cool. I must give it a try. Thanks for the advice. Regards,Scott

Quote Originally Posted by sixstrings5859 View Post
    Cool. I must give it a try. Thanks for the advice. Regards,Scott
    Hello,
    I own IL2 Surmovik battle of stalingrad but every time I want to use the game after 2 minutes I get an error message:
    D3D_ERROR
    DXBuffer Man11 :: vb (,,)
    DGXI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED (0X887a0005).
    I updated my graphics card and I have windows 10 with DX12.
    would you have a solution to this problem
    Thank you for your answers
    Kind Regards
    Marty

Blog Entries
    Go to sas1946 or M4T for help as i use Win 7 64bit and don't play IL-2 BOS. It's IL-2 '46 for me and have had no problems as long as it is put in a folder outside the program files.

Members who have read this thread: 0