Strait of Hormuz
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strait of Hormuz

Strait of Hormuz

***Update***
    "***Update***"DCS: Strait of Hormuz Map
    In parallel with updating the Caucasus map, our map teams have been busy with the DCS: Strait of Hormuz Map. The team is making great progress with completing all of the airfields, adding additional details to the towns and cities, and refining the terrain details. Combined with the new lighting and rendering system, we are increasingly happy with the look and feel of this map. We continue to strive to make this map a close approximation of this region as possible.

Here are three images of the current state of this map."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen_170809_175119.jpg   Screen_170809_175331.jpg   Screen_170809_175706.jpg  

Patrick

A Few more WIP older shots........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SoH-3.jpg   SoH-1.jpg   SoH-2.jpg  

Patrick

That is looking awesome!

I was considering getting Combat Air Patrol 2 a while back, and I think it was the DCS announcement of the Strait of Hormuz, and the Harrier, which stopped me.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/34...ght_Simulator/

I also have too many simulators already, or I probably would have picked it up just to try it out.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails soh3.jpg   soh2.jpg   soh1.jpg  

Patrick

**Short Teaser**
    <strong>

Patrick

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen_171108_162248.jpg  

Patrick

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FWFCXB1.jpg   NQFS4YC.jpg   Ck0bNcq.jpg  

Patrick

***update from Wags***.

"Just as we are doing for the updated Caucasus map, we will also be using SpeedTrees (trees and bushes) for the SoH map."

The attached are images are work-in-progress, first look"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

Patrick

Seems there's been a Name Change" DCS Persian Gulf "
    https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=500

Patrick

**Wags Statement Concerning Name Change**

"The change in name is for two primary reasons:

1- Gives us flexabilty to expand the map later
    2- A much more recognizable name of the region

When the map is made available for sale, it will be abundantly clear of the exact area covered by the map.

Thanks"

Patrick

***New Pics***

Patrick

**NEW A-10 TRAILER**
    Featuring new Persian Gulf Map scenes

Patrick

Just what I saved my DCS credit for! This and the Hornet is going to be a LOT of fun!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Just what I saved my DCS credit for! This and the Hornet is going to be a LOT of fun!
    If you mean DCS bonuses, usually they do not apply to prepurchased or discounted items.

Use of bonuses is very specific. For example, they can only be used for up to a maximum of 30% of the purchase price of the item you've selected. Also, if the item has bonus dollars associated with it, you don't get them if you use bonus dollars to purchase. As previously mentioned, you can not use bonus dollars on discounted items! The last thing I've noticed, if you don't meet the criteria to use bonus dollars, you will not get a selection that allows you to use them. That's my story and I'm sticking to it....
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Quote Originally Posted by alpha charlie View Post
    If you mean DCS bonuses, usually they do not apply to prepurchased or discounted items.
    Oh yes, I am aware of that. I plan to hold off on buying until release as my bonus dollars will give me a significantly greater discount than if I pre-purchase. I do like how they do the bonus program. It's given me plenty of incentive to buy various modules.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Some new pics showing coastal water changes

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen_180415_133322.jpg   Screen_180415_133123.jpg   Screen_180415_132614.jpg  

Patrick

All the pics and videos, nothing about the carrier ?

Quote Originally Posted by jymp View Post
    All the pics and videos, nothing about the carrier ?
    They'll be launching The Hornet with a "Simple" Nimitz Class Carrier,You'll be able to Take-off and Trap on,A New Payware carrier is in the works,We should hear about it soon.

Patrick

***Due for Release May 23***

***mini update ***
    "
    Super Tankers for Persian Gulf Map

An important aspect of the Persian Gulf is its traffic of super tankers coming to and from. For the new Persian Gulf Map, we have added this new static object that is built into the map. These are in addition to cargo ships and various types of pleasure craft. Just like cars, truck, buses, and trains for the ground, we also want to create a more “lived in” look for the sea parts of the map.

Also in today’s images, we see an example of one of the highly-factious skins; in this case, Israel. We fully realize this is not a realistic skin, but we also have many customers from various countries that do not operate the Hornet, but still wish to fly their Hornets in their countries liveries.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  

Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by alpha charlie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Oh yes, I am aware of that. I plan to hold off on buying until release as my bonus dollars will give me a significantly greater discount than if I pre-purchase. I do like how they do the bonus program. It's given me plenty of incentive to buy various modules.
    You do get the bonus amount for pre-purchase. I have pre-purchased the Hornet and Persian Gulf, and I have received the bonus amount for both. The bonus you get is also visible on the product page.

I have pre-purchased a few things now such as the Mirage, but I have bought most of my modules on sale over the years. Quite a few of them I bought at 50-70% off.

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

***Patch notes released***

DCS 2.5.2.17559 in the Open Beta

The Persian Gulf map is available.

DCS World
    • Su-25T: training mission CN voiceover fixed
    • In-cockpit mirrors will not have red outline.
    • Sound - reworked guns sources loading routine to allow aircraft-module-specific samples to be used.
    • Restored texture of KDO G40

DCS A-10C
    • A-10C: training mission CN voiceover fixed

DCS Flaming Cliffs
    • FC3: added A-10A CN flight manual

DCS MiG-21Bis by Magnitude 3 LLC
    • Created new indicator lights.
    • Fixed textures on English ASP switches and other objects.
    • Adjusted red flood-lights to be brighter.
    • Adjusted pink color lights to red-ish
    • Fixed see-through areas in cockpit.
    • Fixed flap and ARK buttons' position animation.
    • Corrected SPO's center area not to rotate when switching between night/day modes.
    • Fixed RSBN NPP Glideslope animations.
    • Fixed RPM 2 needle not overtaking RPM 1 needle.
    • Fixed non-rotating compressor blades.
    • Fixed landing gear strut lights from being on constantly.
    • Fixed a bug that caused small errors in aerodynamic forces calculation for the landing gear.
    • Slight improvements in "Game Flight Mode" and/or "Simplified Engine Management" is on.
    • Engine won't shut down on high lateral or high negative longitudinal acceleration (such are in spins)
    • Engine won't stop at low oil pressure time trigger.
    • Engine won't shut down at low fuel pressure.
    • Added Iran, Iraq and Syria liveries by Jack

DCS AV-8B N/A by Razbam Simulations LLC
    • IR Maverick slew and lock updates
    • Stabilator indicator correction
    • Corrected water flowing on and off rapidly in Landing STO mode
    • Corrected MPCD glow not going off when MPCD goes off after being on
    • Corrected minor shake due to gear model when not moving with parking brake
    • Increase canopy open/close speed to match video references
    • Canopy open/close keyboard shortcut now automatically performs unlock handle
    • Corrected Radio COMM 2 not working in UFC mode
    • Corrected ARBS/DMT TDC bug.
    • IR/TV Mavs launch constrain keyhole is now active.
    • AGM-65Es are now active.
    • MPCD behavior after firing a Maverick has been updated.
    • IR/TV Mavs axis slew is now active.
    • STRS Page WPN FAIL message bug is now fixed. (The bug appears when using mavericks).
    • Weapon AUTO (CCRP) release mode improved logic, cues, and accuracy
    • Weapon CIP (CCIP) release mode is upgraded. Still WiP.
    • NVG Brightness control

DCS M-2000C by Razbam Simulations LLC
    • Vortices/vapor effects
    • Corrected issue when on engine idle on ground and subsystems not receiving power correctly
    • Corrected endless refueling when on ground and requesting less internal fuel than currently in aircraft
    • Corrected AI main gear pos contact point slightly above ground
    • Corrected linearity in pitch control for consistent pitch down response

DCS SA342 Gazelle by Polychop Simulations
    • Gazelle TV black screen fixed

DCS UH-1H by BST
    • UH-1H: Corrected "Rebel Base" mission (by slpak). Removed forest in target zone.

MiG-15bis by BST
    • Fixed game freezes when ADF switch is enabled first time

Campaigns
    • F-5E ACM Campaign - corrected missions with F-4E.
    • F-5E BFM Campaign - corrected missions with F-4E.
    • F-15C Aggressors BFM Campaign - corrected missions with F-4E.
    • A-10C BFT Campaign - mission BFT05 corrected.
    • L-39 Kursant Campaign - missions 2, 4, 5, 7 corrected.
    • A-10C Advanced Aircraft Training Campaign - corrected altitude triggers, updated some dialogue text, added mission success music.

Patrick

***R E L E A S E D***
    <strong>

Patrick

Members who have read this thread: 0