<o></o>

<o></o>

<o></o>

<o></o>

Very nice..whose Bleriot?

I'd love to see some hi-res paints for the FsX Jenny...nice shots John
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Brilliant screenshots John!
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Thank you Roger, Paul, and Bill!

There's actuallytwo different Bleriot's in the screenshots. One is powered by an Anzani, where-as the other is one of those that were powered by a Le Rhone rotary engine (various examples of both of these fly today).

There are three different Bleriot variants for FSX (the two above included), available here, as you will notice through the tabs: http://bleriot-11-en.blogspot.com/

When installing all of them, you have to re-name the main folder names for the individual aircraft, as well as re-title the individual title lines in the different aircraft.cfg files, otherwise those are written all the same. I also didn't quite like the textures for the pilots, so I made some changes.

Is that a Bleriot with the rotary engine in the later shots? Seen a replice flying twice at Hahnweide, looked like awesome fun!
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mugel View Post
    Is that a Bleriot with the rotary engine in the later shots? Seen a replice flying twice at Hahnweide, looked like awesome fun!
    I believe that would be one of the examples owned and flown by Mikael Carlson, which is an example that was manufactured by Thulin, in Sweden, under license from Bleriot. If it wasn't for Mikael Carlson's Bleriot performances, I wouldn't have nearly the amount of interest in the aircraft as I do.

This is my idea of good weekend flying. This is one of the new-build reproductions, built all to original plans, with a modern Rotec engine on the front (you can actually order one of these Bleriots to be built for you, to your own specifications). One of the options for these reproductions, is whether to have the original wing-warping or to have ailerons fitted - with this example, owned by Eric Preston, it was decided to keep the original wing warping. According to Eric, just about all that the wing warping is good for, is just to balance the aircraft enough through turns, which are guided/done primarily with the rudder, otherwise the wing warping really doesn't do much.

That is a lovely paint job on the Jenny. Where did you get that?

It's one of the three default FS9 schemes (though the model is one of the FSX-converted types). I did black-out the alpha channel for the decal texture file, so that the markings on the side of the rear fuselage weren't present - I like the over-all look of it a lot better, and it changed it from being a scheme I didn't like and didn't use, to being the one I use the most.

Here's a very nice, real-life, red-painted Jenny (with many other videos of this aircraft found under the uploader's account):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HVe4OjAr7Y

John is there any chance WARBIRDSIm could do a flying porta potty? Because I truly believe that your screenshots would sell hundreds..............friggin awesome work!!! :salute:

Blog Entries
    Great screanshots....Love the vintage Bipes....Slow and graceful flying, and lots of fun....

I love this Jenny, but I never managed to make it look so good on screenshots. Great job, thanks for sharing.

When I was younger, did not pay much attention to the bi-plane era. But now that I am a bonifide senior citizen, they are as slow as I am getting! Great screen shots, Keep them coming, Don
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case
    Asus Xonar Essence STX Audio Card
    Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155
    Intel I-5 Ivy Bridge 4.5 GHZ OC
    Xigmatek HDT-S1283 CPU Cooler

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Antec 750 Bronze power supply

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

Wn 7 64 bit on 500gb Raptor drive
    2T Storage HD
    Felix Audio Elise Headphone amp, PS Audio Nu Wave DAC Harman-Kardon avr 510 with EV Sentry V Speaker
    Sennheiser HD800 Headphones

Some more putt-puttering around. ; )

Banned
    Blog Entries

Another Jenny

I found yet another nice Jenny out there made for FSX:

Attachment 64217

It's nice but the wings are a little transparent

Attachment 64218

Can you guess who made this one? here is a hint:

Attachment 64219

That is a great model of the Jenny, too! I know the designer kept the wings semi-transparent so as to show-off/display the internal wing structure that he went through the pain to produce. Thank you for posting the screenshots, too! I think Dirk made a very nice Model T for FSX that came with one of his Jenny's, that I had installed at one time - I'll need to track that down again.

I'd actually like to see this thread continue to be expanded, with screenshots from many others! None of that 1, 2, or 3 picture business, but 10+ images, and perhaps even a story behind the images or the flight - and keep it all to the 1900's, 1910's, 1920's, and 1930's, military and civilian aviation.

You are an artist, John. You should definitely try oil painting. You have a great eye and feeling for putting a subject in the best dramatic position possible. Use your fantastic screenshots as an example. You'll have to learn the technique but i have a good feeling you'll get away with that easily. You'll LOVE the smell of oilpaint !

Don't spend your great talent on digital stuff only, but please DO continue with that too !

Cheers,
    Jan

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    I'd actually like to see this thread continue to be expanded, with screenshots from many others! None of that 1, 2, or 3 picture business, but 10+ images, and perhaps even a story behind the images or the flight - and keep it all to the 1900's, 1910's, 1920's, and 1930's, military and civilian aviation.
    Okay, John's suggestion that we show off our vintage aircraft is a great idea. No stickie (we're tring to reduce the stickie pile) but members can keep this one floating on page one if there's sufficient input.
    SYSTEM :
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler

Banned
    Blog Entries

Fokker Spin for FSX!

OK John,
    I'm Keeping up with the traditions....

Attachment 64294

At the end of Sept , in 1911, Anthony Fokker left a field near Haarlem in his Spin (Spider) and flew over the city. After a 360 around the Great- or St.Bavochurch he landed save in another field. That performance made his name as an aircraftbuilder.
    Haarlem is celebrating of course, with the Fokker Spin Centential. (It's in Dutch, but maybe Google can give some sort of translation ;D)
    Some Dutch simmers planned to make the flight in FSX, but there was no aircraft! (The last Spin was made for FS98!)

Attachment 64295

Attachment 64296

Attachment 64297
    Additional info on the Spin (SPIDER)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fokker_Spin

if you want to try the Spider, you can pick it up at his website;

http://www.sundancer.demon.nl/FSX_Fokker%20Spin.zip

Charter Member 2011
    aahhh the days when you had to fly the plane rather than just sit there and let the plane fly you! The 1910-1943 era is deffenitly my favorite, after 1943 they'd pretty much figured out what made a plane fly and how to keep it flying, great if your flying in the real world etc etc, but all the planes start getting "samey" and loose their character, at least in my eyes

yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

Very nice stiz...is that Ted's Be2c?
    SYSTEM :