Missing pylons, and drop tanks

Thread: Missing pylons, and drop tanks

Missing pylons, and drop tanks

Hi anyone know where I can find the following missing parts from downloaded aircraft here.

wf_us_pilot
    wep_pylon_p51tank
    wep_us_110gal_tank
    wep_pylonr_p51tank
    wep_dp_p47_75gal drop9p
    wep_us_f4u_drop_tank
    wep_p47_165gal_drop
    wep_p47_308gal_drop
    drop_tank_50gal (Curtiss P-40E)

I just don't understand why aircraft are made available to download with parts missing and no information where to find them! (please don't take this as a derogatory comment I fully appreciate the time and trouble people take to create these marvelous expansions).

On reflection I think it may just be missing mdl names but since I don't know the text lines I can't add them. The drop tanks appear to be available as they come up in the weapons list in the sim.

Also in the Brewster the aircraft loads but a library message pops up with 'can't find raf_pilot' even though this shows up in the cockpit after loading in the sim!
    Last edited by Brainless; January 13th, 2022 at 09:57.

Brainless......

..... I know it can become frustrating, we all have some version of that feeling, but the simple answer is that at the time the plane was made available here it was known that the real plane could use external tanks but they were not yet modeled/available for this sim. Do a simple library search and you will find them . If not look over at Simviation for what you need.

Missing pylons

Thanks fibber for replying to my post. I've looked in the weapons packs here and in other places on this site but cannot find the pylons and/drop tanks. I'll head over to simaviation. At least I now know why the parts were not included. Cheers.

Yeah, really difficult to find things...

CFS2 others/ weapon packs, page 2 we have ...

Allen's 50 gal tank for the P40E
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=281&id=21586

My recompile of Wolfis Pilot & Gunner
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=281&id=23366

The P47 drop tanks WERE INCLUDED as a separate zip in with KMalinowski's P47 series ...

BTW

You're probably getting "cannot find ..." messages because you're adding lots of new objects + not exiting + restarting the sim. It can be very temperamental like that ...

I think it uses the cdp files to "fast-load" stuff, + these sometimes don't build fresh - shutting down + reloading the Sim should get it to rebuild these indices.

It's best to restart the sim after adding each 8-10 new items ...

Missing Pylons and tanks

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    BTW

You're probably getting "cannot find ..." messages because you're adding lots of new objects + not exiting + restarting the sim. It can be very temperamental like that ...

I think it uses the cdp files to "fast-load" stuff, + these sometimes don't build fresh - shutting down + reloading the Sim should get it to rebuild these indices.

It's best to restart the sim after adding each 8-10 new items ...

Thanks guys. I have now located all but drop_tank_50gal. I'll try the aussie one. Also cannot get rid of 'Raf_pilot' not found in the library. I tried loading a british pilot from the pack here but it made no difference. Is there any way to edit it out? BTW I exit the sim every time I get an error message to try and sort out the problem.

The water textures now look like Pacific water. Thanks Kurt.

And if you read my post immediately above the one you quoted you would see it contains the link to the 50 gal tank!

I give up ...

Raf pilot......

".....here's your sign" Also here is your 50 gallon drop in the library. took me 45 sec. to get there and find it. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d&page=2&pp=20 Don't take this wrong but search the library first for missing items before panicking .

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    And if you read my post immediately above the one you quoted you would see it contains the link to the 50 gal tank!

I give up ...
    Even my son can read and understand instructions from forum members and he is 11 years old.

Hiede

50gal tank

Thanks fellas for your posts. In fact I did see the 50 gal tank on this site but didn't think it was the right one! You guys know how all this works and so have the advantage of me! Patience is a virtue! Why do you think my log on name is brainlesss anyway.

raf-pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Fibber View Post
    ".....here's your sign" Also here is your 50 gallon drop in the library. took me 45 sec. to get there and find it. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d&page=2&pp=20 Don't take this wrong but search the library first for missing items before panicking .
    Thank for searching for this link for me which I downloaded and installed very carefully as per detailed instructions but..........err it didn't work! I still get the 'raf_pilot not found in the library' error message. I've exhausted trying to find out why this is so for now I've archived the aircraft. A pity since like all the other downloads here it was a very nice model.

Then it is probably Martin Wright's RAF pilot available at his site.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Brainless.....

....before you ask , here is the link to Martin Wrights’ site.

http://mwgfx.co.uk/

raf-pilot

Yep and yippee..!!!! You're absolutely right. Works like a dream. I have to say I never would have thought to look at Martin's site for it! Thanks again for all the help on my behalf.

Members who have read this thread: 1