Quiting install of CFS3 and Firepower in Windows 7 for good

Thread: Quiting install of CFS3 and Firepower in Windows 7 for good

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries

Quiting install of CFS3 and Firepower in Windows 7 for good

Quitting on trying to jump thru hoops and the mods required for CFS3 with Firepower to work with Windows 7. Does anybody know how ETO latest 1.50 works on XP ? I have a Dell desktop Intel P4 cpu , 4 gigs of ram DDR3 and a GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2 gig GDDR5 video card. Would like to know how ETO performs with XP before i install the ETO packs so i don't waste any more time. Will install ROF , Flaming Cliffs 3,WOFF ,Strike figters2 and others for the Windows 7 gaming computer i'm building. Tried several times installing CFS3 with Firepower add on and was never successful .Too many good combat sims. out there, that work great with XP, to not keep a XP computer and they are easy to install,including CFS3,and it's different add on versions, aircraft and modds . Any advice would be helpful. (note-tried to install CFS3 and added Firepower on my laptop, Windows 7 home premium , with no luck and i read the tutorials) Guess i'm just a little/more stupid or something when i have to do a bunch of modding in Win. 7, Win. XP is so easy to work with in comparison to Win. 7 to me. Been away from CFS3 for sometime now, would still stop in and check things every once and a while to see what's new, but now i'm back and excited all over again. I forgot a lot in that time away and have to relearn a lot of the mods, flying/combat and key commands also! Been into Il-2's different versions for some time now ,a decent series in itself . I'm now back into CFS3 and I am blown away how far it has come during My stint away.Any advice on the ETO installs in XP and how it performs would be extremely helpful. Long live CFS3!!!!! Also how would OFF versions 1 and 2 work with Win.XP with a set up like mine ? Is it worth it ? Can i expect decent frame rates and performance , or should i just wait till my custom rig is done and install WOFF instead? Thanks for any help...sorry for being so darn wordy....... Thanks again in advance.

Live: Western Maryland. From: North Central West, By God, Virginia.
    'Strings, don't quit.

Clean it all out and start over.

Got to Control Panel/User Accounts/Change User Account Settings, then pull slider down to Never Notify.

Even though you're not going to play CFS3 online, please follow this video for installation of CFS3 in Win 7: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOoqL0Isxac

These 3 are for ETO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaeCYsrLI2k
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jggfk-bytFI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoZzi1YGVao

Don't panic, bud, this stuff works.

Tooth, Fang, & Claw

Another use for sheep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2FX9rviEhw

Blog Entries

thanks

Thanks Grizz ! I hate to get beat by things! Will give it another try , hope all goes well. Thanks for the encouraging words, advise and links. Thanks buddy
    Last edited by sixstrings5859; February 16th, 2015 at 07:36.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Grizz for the advice and links but i still have a few questions. How would my upgraded ole' trusty Dell XP computer,with its specs. listed above , perform with OFF versions 1 and 2 , or should i wait till i finish building my high end gaming computer and install WOFF and enjoy its' performance instead ?(kinda the wrong forum for this question,but it can't hurt to ask) Most importantly how can i install Firepower in CFS3, that is installed correctly, on a Win.7 O.S. computer ? Every time i try and install Firepower aircraft are missing , especially all the heavy bombers,(strange problem i can't figure out). Tried installing numerous times to no avail. Am i doing something wrong or missing a step ? Is there a special process/procedure i need to do to get Firepower to install correctly ? The last thing i tried was loading Firepower to another location and manually installed it in CFS3 but the problem persisted . I don't know what to do next. Hoping someone else has had this problem, solved it, and can help.I feel so stupid over all this! Again,thanks for the help Grizz Any help would be so very welcomed.... I'll start from scratch again tomorrow and pay very close attention and maybe i'll finally get it rite!!!!!These darn meds i take keep me from thinking clear most of the time.Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day!!!
    Last edited by sixstrings5859; February 17th, 2015 at 22:28.

'Strings,

For Windows 7, this is necessary.

1. You need Martin Wright's MultiCFS3.exe, to make a separate copy of CFS3 into a legitimate, separate install.

2. You also need to run the Firepower installer as Administrator, Compatability, Win XP service Pack 3.

3. Firepower will only install to Program Files, NOT Program Files (x86).

4. So put a copy of your Combat Flight Simulator 3 into Program Files/Microsoft Games. (With updates and Mission Builder, if wanted.)

5. Now run Firepower Installer as described above.

6. Once Firepower installs, place a copy of MW's MultiCFS3 in the install and move the install to Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Games. NOTE: Make sure you rename the install folder first so that it reflects that it is Firepower and it doesn't overwrite your vanilla.

7. Now use the MultiCFS3 in this new install in to rename it to indicate it is Firepower in AppData.

You should be good to go now.

EXTRA NOTE: Do NOT install ETO into Firepower or vice versa. This also applies to PTO Rising Sun.

If not, you have a PM.

Tooth, Fang, & Claw

Blog Entries

Thanks for the advice

Thanks Grizz, not shure how to do step 2 though . Don't remember() if it prompts me to be able to choose run as admin. or if it just starts loading after it asks me to open/run file though,(maybe that's were i can choose admin.),but i'll pay close attention to the steps you listed closely . Thanks so much for your time and help.

'Strings, right-click on it and choose properties.

Tooth, Fang, & Claw

Blog Entries
    Thanks buddy for all the info. Just few more questions though,(sorry). Searched high and low for, Program Files(x86) ,and can't find it anywhere on this computer,(have see hidden files enabled),but have always found the Microsoft Games folder in,(Computer/ C :/Program Files/Microsoft Games). I always found CFS3 there after all my installs, Firepower was also installed there too and a separate Firepower file in,( C:/ Program Files ),too,(would check the aircraft folder in CFS3 after installing and found all the aircraft there also,along with missions and ect....). It's as if CFS3 would not recognize Firepower aircraft for some reason ,(probably because the whole administrator step i skipped). Could it be that this laptop has a early version of Win.7 O.S.,(maybe this Win.7 is 32 bit instead of 64 bit,not sure how to check ) ? Maybe that is why there is no Program Files(x86) ? Should i give it another go and just skip steps 1,6 and 7 ? Will Firepower/CFS3 still function correctly if left in,( C/Program Files/Microsoft Games )? I don't need a stock version for anything else on this laptop,so can i leave CFS3 in it's stock place and still function properly if there is no Program Files(x86)? Sorry for all the drama .Searched SOH but couldn't find anything posted in the past, just my luck!!! Thanks for any advice Sorry for all the wordy posts. Been at this since way before CFS1 and now i'm acting like a computer noobee all because i let this Win.7 O.S. intimidate me.Fought with Microsofts' earlier O.S. in the past and usually won,but this Darn Microsoft O.S. is throwing me off this time.

SOH-CM-2020
    Hi sixstrings,
    sounds like your OS is 32-bit not 64-bit given no (x86) program folder. That makes things a bit simpler re: install location.

On the FP heavy bomber question, IIRC the heavy bombers were a FP update. Which version of the FP eng are you installing? Is it 108? Just ensure you install all the updates and then I thin you will find the heavy bombers.

HTH,
    D

Blog Entries
    Thanks bud for the advice. It really cleared things up.Thanks again!! I have update version 108 .
    Last edited by sixstrings5859; February 19th, 2015 at 01:41.

Blog Entries

Great news!!!!

Have great news,thanks to you guys, everything works as smooth as butter with the CFS3/Firepower version ! Just did this on my Win7 32 bit laptop as a test bed because when all the funds are saved for a high end, self-built ,gaming computer,(hopefully build it by mid to late summer),then i'll purchase all the components at the same time,(to be current with the latest technology and pricing ). Once built it will be able to handle any of the new combat flight simulators out there at max settings with lightning fast fpm and it will handle anything else that will come out in the future with no problems. Now that i know i can still have CFS3,(with all the different versions,aircraft and countless mods),and enjoy all the new scenery and effects ,with Win7 OS, this new rig makes me very excited.The new sims available now cover a wide variety periods from WWI to the latest jet fighters and just about period in between.Oh no!!! I'm hooked again!! Not as many cfs's available as it was years ago but at least they're well thought out, run good, seriously updated/much improved,immersive and extremely realistic. So happy and proud that you guys were patient with me and were so very helpful .I guess just got intimidated by Win7. Now,thanks to all the help, i now have more confidence in myself with Win.7. Almost all the latest cfs's require a Win.7 64 bit OS ,along with good/current PC components ,so Win.7 64 bit will be my new rig's O.S.for sure. Special Note: The best website i've found ,after much researching on web ,about building your own custom PC is this link. : http://www.build-gaming-computers.com/ Hope anyone looking at buying a expensive factory built gaming computer can learn from this site that they can save a ton of money ,have better components and increase their PC knowledge by building it theirself. It's not that difficult,(even tweaks,Bios,O.S.versions ect... are covered),with all the tutorials given at this site it really has helped me a lot.All of the components are researched and matched for each gaming computer,(builds are updated monthly to be current). Every type of build is covered ,from a budget build to a extreme build and more inbetween.(mine will be the high-end build).Still keeping my ole' upgraded Dell XP computer ,though, because it has many different installs of CFS3,Il-2,Lockon,Strike Fighters 1 and more..... All run really good and smooth on my XP computer.(Just has a limit of4 gigs of ram. That is small when compared to what you can use with a Win.7 OS). With all the different improvements/addons done for CFS3 lately, by some really special people ie; developers/designers of aircraft,missions ,scenery, theaters of operation, all the numerous mods done and all the hard work these special people put into CFS3, for our enjoyment, have given new life and a future for CFS3.(lets not forget that) SOH always had and still have some of the best, helpful and polite people there is and especially when compared to all the other combat flight sim. forum/websites out there .With the decline of cfs interest and sales world wide,thanks to F.P.S.gaming popularity , there is still a number of hard core people still into the cfs scene and i'm thankful for it. I have noticed lately, since i've returned, I became interested in CFS3 again,(away due to health problems), and visited more to learn what's current, i would check the number of members shown in the CFS3 forum ,it is low and visitors are higher,(not good), and the total number at any given time is way low and fewer than i've ever seen since the very beginning years before there was even a SOH site. I hope this will change soon but i noticed, that in other cfs forums their members make fun of CFS3 and call it junk and trash it if you bring anything up about CFS3 in their forums(they are all ignorant/arrogant of the improvements made for CFS3 lately) A bunch of snobs is what i experienced!! They hurt the overall interest in CFS3 and it's reputation also . In all my researching of other cfs game sites and forums i found that all the members and posts are shockingly low also. Maybe ,with all the improvements done for CFS3 and all the other, really well done, cfs's recently released and new interesting/improved ones coming out in the near future ,will spark new interest and members. Can't wait to finish my new PC build and start flying and enjoying my favorite hobby at a higher level.For now my XP rig is still fun with all the sims i have on it. the latest stuff done for CFS3 will go onthe new rig. SOH, has always been and still is, the best website/forum of it's kind on the web because of helpful members like you guys and others here too. Thanks again Guys WOW!! My longest post anywhere yet!!! Had a lot to say i guess(people just come and go here and say not a word so i'm making up for it) Sorry about the book i wrote here!! just board and alone.You could call this a blog!!
    Last edited by sixstrings5859; February 19th, 2015 at 16:54.

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    They don't know what they are missing , the CFS3 crews are amazing, and SOH is a place even a hobbit can have fun.
    A very grateful hobbit.
    More rejoicing!

Members who have read this thread: 0