Will the development of "weapons packs" in FSX attract the riff-raff?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will the development of "weapons packs" in FSX attract the riff-raff?

Will the development of "weapons packs" in FSX attract the riff-raff?

The unwashed hoards that care nothing for the smooth lines of a Spitfire, the pure essence of flight that is embodied by the Piper Cub? Those that care only for fiery explosions, the oily smoke and stink that signifies the end of yet another flying machine, another 3D object on the ground? Do you think that plane is pilot-less? That 3D building unoccupied? There are real digital people that fly those planes, that live and work in those buildings!

One can only hope that common sense prevails, and this mad rush for death and destruction will go no further in what has been, to this point in time, a peaceful digital world. Do you really think it will be long before your favorite Orbx enhanced airport is strafed and/or bombed by these Philistines that cheer for weapons in FSX? Think again, I say.

Better that these talented developers, and they are talented, I will give them that, would bring to the FSX world realistic airshows, art festivals, book faires, and such. Preferably at airports, of course, but also at sites scattered throughout the country. Can you imagine your excitement at landing at a small airport in PNW, and seeing a credible recreation of a pottery exhibit near the FBO office? A watercolour exhibit, perhaps consisting only of florals? The possibilities for good, wholesome addons is infinite, do we need to turn FSX into a combatsim?

I say, NO!

Let that mad Russian, Oleg Maddox (if that is his real name), glorify the dark side of aeroplane flying, and leave FSX to those of us that celebrate peace and goodwill!

Why are you even entertaining a thought process or thread about this? You are still able to fly peacefully, into intrically detailed airfields, unmolested by missles and gunfire or engage in equally engaging dogfights if you so choose. This topic has already been discussed adnauseum.

Matt

We do FSX Airshows at replicated real world fields. Last year we did NAF El Centro, OshKOsh for the iFly-online group, Pensacola beach and a flyover for BVATC birthday bash.

I thought this posting was pretty funny and entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Shylock View Post
    I thought this posting was pretty funny and entertaining.
    Well, at least you got it, I was trying to be a bit funny. I'll probably be banned for saying this, but this is a very stuffy site, IMHO. Lots of good info, which I like, but man, what a tough crowd!

MSFS is, for me, an entertainment, a fun thing. Something that usually makes me smile, not get my pantyhose in a knot over.

I felt really bad when I didn't realize my cable to the stick disconnected and crashed my C-130 into Orlando.

What's more disappointing is that freeware development for everything connected to airline flying has taken kind of a downturn with FSX.

Most models are payware, freeware AI ain't native and way less freeware sceneries.
    The only upside: An abundant collection of AFX files for default airports.

*Sigh*

Sometimes I just want to call the sim "FSRustbucketand"MeetyouatthatGAairportintwoweeks" "...

Quote Originally Posted by thisizma View Post
    I felt really bad when I didn't realize my cable to the stick disconnected and crashed my C-130 into Orlando.
    As well you should, but accidents will happen, hey? At least it wasn't intentional.

It's not results we care about, it's intention!

weapons are a part of aviation. simple as that.

and as a simulator, its job is to simulate every aspect of aviation. so that encompasses militaristic behaviors.

just remember, you can make this sim whatever you want it to be. if you want to be an airline pilot you can do that. if you want to be in a superhornet and shoot those boring airline pilots down, then that is perfectly acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by blazefox2 View Post
    weapons are a part of aviation. simple as that.

and as a simulator, its job is to simulate every aspect of aviation. so that encompasses militaristic behaviors.

just remember, you can make this sim whatever you want it to be. if you want to be an airline pilot you can do that. if you want to be in a superhornet and shoot those boring airline pilots down, then that is perfectly acceptable.
    It would be cool to down a 747 with a Sopwith Camel!

It would be cool to down a 747 with a Sopwith Camel!
    If you could catch it :

Regards,
    Stratobat
    'If the literal sense makes good sense, seek no other sense lest you come up with nonsense'

Quote Originally Posted by Stratobat View Post
    If you could catch it :

Regards,
    Stratobat
    True...... Still would be cool though

True...... Still would be cool though
    lol the poor camel would be torn apart in the jetwash

Riff-Raff eh?

Have you been into a free-flight multiplayer session? The Riff-Raff are already on FSX, doing F-18 burner passes like virtual jet-fuel was free.

I fly exclusively online with people I know, so riff-raff is not an issue. My greatest fear, however, is that this particular demographic will someday penetrate the Fortress of Reason that is Sim-Out-House.:salute:

Quote Originally Posted by skyblazer3 View Post
    Riff-Raff eh?

Have you been into a free-flight multiplayer session? The Riff-Raff are already on FSX, doing F-18 burner passes like virtual jet-fuel was free.

I fly exclusively online with people I know, so riff-raff is not an issue. My greatest fear, however, is that this particular demographic will someday penetrate the Fortress of Reason that is Sim-Out-House.:salute:
    fortress of reason? what have you been smoking LOL!!!

"I'm a Lover Pilot, not a Fighter Pilot"

-- Anonymous South African Air Force pilot.

And for the record, SOH is the best online forum group I've ever known.

Blog Entries
    Welll, vigelence is the price of freedom, its also the cost of peace.. Rif Raf as they are called come in many sizes shapes colors and origins, but we mods and admins will always do our best to see that things remain cordial at the very least..
    Pam

Quote Originally Posted by blazefox2 View Post
    lol the poor camel would be torn apart in the jetwash
    It'd be a real shake and bake operation :

Regards,
    Stratobat
    'If the literal sense makes good sense, seek no other sense lest you come up with nonsense'

Quote Originally Posted by tracyq144 View Post
    Better that these talented developers, and they are talented, I will give them that, would bring to the FSX world realistic airshows, art festivals, book faires, and such.
    Lol. You forgot wine tasting, pansy planting, and the Grey Poupon!

Quote Originally Posted by Bone View Post
    Lol. You forgot wine tasting, pansy planting, and the Grey Poupon!
    and those little bags of pretzels!

Hey, I would love to fly in my paisley Piper Kumbaya into a nice quaint field hosting an art show. Then spin around and propblast all the artworks!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tim Piglet Conrad
    Piglet's Peculiar Planes
    "Ahhh... the freedom of freeware!"
    First Rule of Aviation:
    Don't piss off your mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by tracyq144 View Post
    Well, at least you got it, I was trying to be a bit funny. I'll probably be banned for saying this, but this is a very stuffy site, IMHO. Lots of good info, which I like, but man, what a tough crowd!

MSFS is, for me, an entertainment, a fun thing. Something that usually makes me smile, not get my pantyhose in a knot over.
    Tracy, you're right. I read too much into your post. I thought you were trying to be another peacenick kicking the virtual wardog down the road. Apologies for over reacting.

Matt

I hate it when I am having a nice, peaceful flight and it is destroyed by that kind of riff raff... makes me wish I could just shoot them down

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
    Hey, I would love to fly in my paisley Piper Kumbaya into a nice quaint field hosting an art show. Then spin around and propblast all the artworks!!!!
    I just got up and I almost fell outta my chair laughing at this. I have always wanted to this same thing in a SKYRAIDER (talk about prop blast)! I guess I am a Neanderthal after all. LOL
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam