Skysim Sea Vixen Repaint - what a find!

Thread: Skysim Sea Vixen Repaint - what a find!

Blog Entries

Hello fellow twin-boom de Havilland lovers ...

I'm a huge fan of the FSX Skysim Sea Vixen, but always thought the paints didn't quite do the amazing model full justice. Again, not a complaint - just to say they seemed a bit plain compared to an otherwise amazing model.

I stumbled across this awesome repaint pack just yesterday by a certain gentleman named "reef" - had never seen this before. They completely brought the model to full life!! 3 schems are included, all for the FAW1 model. Alas, no repaints for the FAW2 - what a treat that would be ... Anyway, the weathering and detail is a massive step above the stock textures.

Anyway - screens from the repaint pack, not mine. Worth a visit to UKMIL, for sure.

If you're on here, REEF, thanks. Had a terrible day yesterday - but discovering this really put a smile on my face. Defintely enjoyed dusting off the Sea Vixen for this - many many thanks!

dl

They do look good.

Hello fellow twin-boom de Havilland lovers ...

I'm a huge fan of the FSX Skysim Sea Vixen, but always thought the paints didn't quite do the amazing model full justice. Again, not a complaint - just to say they seemed a bit plain compared to an otherwise amazing model.

Quote Originally Posted by sketchy View Post
    They do look good.
    Anybody have a link????

Blog Entries
    http://www.ukmil.org.uk/download.php?view.441

Registration to UKMIL is required, though.

cheers,

dl

Great find mate thanks!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Hi folks. Not too sure if this is the right area - newbee to the site I have the fs2004 Sea Vixen by Virtavia. Any ideas where I can locate repaints of this great beast. My father worked on 890 Squadron Fleet Air Arm (yellow / black flying witch on broomstick logo). UKMIL have it or had it, but I cannot locate it. Any information on where or how would be very much appreciated

Could you please tell me in which section of UKMIL you found these repaints.

I looked all over and couldn't find them

Would love to have these

Thanks

The SkySim Sea Vixen is an FS9 model, so using it in FSX will drop your FR's a bit unless you run a speed machine PC. I did a lot of work on her beta testing and vids etc, shame we do not have a native FSX version as she handled like a real lady!

Quote Originally Posted by calypsos View Post
    The SkySim Sea Vixen is an FS9 model, so using it in FSX will drop your FR's a bit unless you run a speed machine PC. I did a lot of work on her beta testing and vids etc, shame we do not have a native FSX version as she handled like a real lady!
    I've got the Skysim FS2004 version. You did a cracking job!! My PC's at the lower end, but this is just fab. Just need that texture (890 Sqn) with the witch on the broomstick to make my day!!

Blog Entries
    Hello lads and lasses,

I searched and can't find them there either. Very bizarre. Mayble Gaffer can comment.

The author's ("reef") readme doesn't say anything about where it can/can't be uploaded - but for caution's sake, I'd be hesitant to post it somewhere without some kind of expresssed approval from the painter.

It's a lovely set of repaints (3), one of which is indeed 243 XJ521 of 890 Squadron while based on HMS Ark Royal. For Timo's and others' sake, I hope we can post. If permission is given, I can upload.

best regards,

DL

ps: on my "less-than-stellar" pc, it runs great (20ish fps)

Many thanks DL for your help. The truth is out there somewhere! :salute:

Quote Originally Posted by calypsos View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree in every respect!

I love the Sea Vixen and she flies great, but she is an FPS hog for me in FSX so I simply don't fly her. For this reason alone I'd welcome an FSX-native model, but additional reasons would be bump mapping and VC-self shading (DX10 compatible), which really add to the immersion for me. For now I'll have to stick to the Aphasim Scimitar...

Andy

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Does anyone know where to find these repaints? I've lost them sinse this thread started lol.
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

This thread is 8 months old were these paints ever released ????

Yeah I definately had at least one of them, I'm sure it was Avsim or somwhere when I originally got it but no trace anywhere now of any from anyone.
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

I downloaded them a long time ago and still have the archive. If you shoot me a pm, I can send you a private link to the files I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolfee1 View Post
    Does anyone know how to configure the different loadouts on the Sea Vixen? Am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    Look at the switches on your right. The upper row contains switches for the external stores.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.