Aeroplaneheaven Helldiver Released! - Page 5
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Aeroplaneheaven Helldiver Released!

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Very pretty shot DVJ.

Yes, I will be updating the kit when I get a minute.

Hows the update for the "" Pro" quality paint kit to create your own liveries and schemes." going?

Once I have attended to pressing family matters I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by THibben View Post
    You have a note for special views. "In the virtual cockpit view, just cycle through using the "A" key." I can't get that to work. I am using EZdok, does that make a difference? Is there something in the keyboard assignments that I may not have assigned?

Thanks for any help.

Tom
    If you go to the settings/controls/keyboard assignments dropdown in the sim Tom, you can assign your keystrokes to a whole host of functions there.

Thanks YoYo, I will put these in when we do an SP if people want. I personally prefer the view out to the side ( carrier approach view) as I can see the whole deck and judge the approach angle of attack and trap angle for the tailhook.
    With Track IR it's possible easy . This landing/taxi VC view is the next with key "A" after the default view. Thx.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

do you have room for more paints in your hangars?

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Good stuff Jankees, these look excellent.

If you go to the settings/controls/keyboard assignments dropdown in the sim Tom, you can assign your keystrokes to a whole host of functions there.
    Thanks Bazzar,

I was thinking that was a key you had already assigned which I couldn't find. I will assign it as you have mentioned.

Thanks,

Tom

another one slowly taking shape:

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    another one slowly taking shape:

Beautiful work as usual! That's very similar to the paint I had on my old Monogram models SB2C model kit when I was a kid. Brings back memories.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wonder if anyone is planning to do a repaint for this one..??

-- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

If you remember WH we had that scheme on our original pre-release model. The problem is it has the later single piece cockpit canopy as in an SB2C-5, so we didn't release it.

Great work on this project bazzar! Really enjoying it! Since you are working on the paint kit, plus with other skins being made, can I finally have the updated skin for Baders Bus (CFS2) you did like 16 years ago!?! Been waiting on that for a while,lol Also would like my updated copy of the DH Hornet for CFS2, still stuck with the beta sir!!

Ah those were the days. I found the SDK for CFS2 and 3 the other day, in the bottom of a drawer. We were elated if we got a 50,000 poly model to export back then!

If you remember WH we had that scheme on our original pre-release model. The problem is it has the later single piece cockpit canopy as in an SB2C-5, so we didn't release it.
    Is it just the canopy? Maybe there's a -5 model in the future?
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

The -5 had quite a few more modifications so I am not sure we would do one. It depends how things go with this package.

Ah those were the days. I found the SDK for CFS2 and 3 the other day, in the bottom of a drawer. We were elated if we got a 50,000 poly model to export back then!
    Yes, they sure were! I remember Ted Miller telling me when he designed his JU88C2 for CFS2, he used a program you had to type in 0's or 1's to create a model but don't remember what program it was? But I have enjoyed all the AH products you guys have made over the years, and look forward to future one's too! Hope you and your family had a Happy Easter!

I have been enjoying the AH Helldiver very much!

For those interested in the CAF SB2C-5, there is actually a whole Facebook page just dedicated to it (and of course numerous photos): https://www.facebook.com/sb2chelldiver/

She has of course been the only flying SB2C for as long as she has been in operation with the CAF (but that will be changing in the next 2-3 years, with two more set to fly within that span of time). For most of her CAF flying career, it didn't have the lower landing gear doors/fairings. These, as it turns out, were commonly removed and discarded while in-service, becoming too much of a nuisance, and as a result these doors/fairings ended up becoming as rare as hens teeth (the Smithsonian doesn't even have any for their Helldiver). Fortunately, thanks to Vulture's Row Aviation, which is deep into the rebuild of an SB2C-1A (one of the two examples currently under restoration to fly), just as they had to do for their own restoration, they also made a set from the original blueprints for the CAF Helldiver, so for the last few years now it has those doors again.

One of the paint schemes included with the AH product, the one with the "U.S. Navy 5" on the tail (USS Hancock variant), is actually one of the schemes that the CAF Helldiver used to sport, many years ago.

Here's a little hometown connection - nearly as far from any ocean as you can get in the US, there was a fleet of Helldivers (among other Navy aircraft) stationed at the joint-services base, NAS Minneapolis (modern-day KMSP-International), as seen in this photo from 1946. The aircraft at the time this photo was taken were painted dark sea blue with yellow-orange reserve markings (same colors/scheme type as: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...-1946-quot-zip).

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Just one question so far, I've read this thread through and can't find anyone referencing this issue. Reading the manual tells me I need to have the fuel pump on when shifting fuel feed from one tank to another. I couldn't find anything in the "Flying the Helldiver" file telling me which way to turn the selector, or whether I should use the "L/R" mouse click method or the l. mouse button and "drag" method. I've been running the fuel pump as specified during tank changes but for some reason the fuel selector valve on my installation does not cycle smoothly between tanks. I've tried dragging the valve to the pertinent tank, and also using right-click/left-click on the selector handle and the selector tends to be rather random re: which tank it lands on. It will switch from "fuse" to "off" to "aux", back to "fuse" using the l/r click; dragging it will cause it to point at "off," then at "l. wing," then back to "off," then back to "fuse." Do I not have the cursor in the right spot to switch tanks?

two more paints now available at the OZx site:

#205 off the USS Essex

#12 off the USS Randolph

#205 off the USS Essex

#12 off the USS Randolph
    Jankees, you always amaze me with the detail and scope of your repaints. It's because of you and other painters that draws me to an aircraft I might not even consider buying. I too built this airframe as a plastic model a few times and seeing all of these great paints is driving me to want her again. Thank you for bringing back great memories as a young man. Also, what scenery is that? That lake and coastline look absolutely magnificent!

Baz, thanks for the painstaking efforts to reproduce a great attack aircraft. It really is amazing all the fantastic planes coming out recently and this one is truly amazing too.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    Jankees, you always amaze me with the detail and scope of your repaints. It's because of you and other painters that draws me to an aircraft I might not even consider buying. I too built this airframe as a plastic model a few times and seeing all of these great paints is driving me to want her again. Thank you for bringing back great memories as a young man. Also, what scenery is that? That lake and coastline look absolutely magnificent!

Baz, thanks for the painstaking efforts to reproduce a great attack aircraft. It really is amazing all the fantastic planes coming out recently and this one is truly amazing too.
    stryker,

thank you for your kind comments. The scenery is Aeropelican from Orbx, with Warnervale in the background.
    The paints will dry up a bit for a while now, the field season is getting closer...

#205 off the USS Essex
    Thx. SB2C and USS Essex:

Regards!

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

WOW YoYo! Love that second screenshot.
    Mike M.​

Quote Originally Posted by mikewmac View Post
    WOW YoYo! Love that second screenshot.
    Thx. Will be better. Im working on better textures in Hi res for CV-9 USS Essex with camo, and totaly new deck:

Its a mod.

Members who have read this thread: 0