Aerosoft F-14 Extended Released
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aerosoft F-14 Extended Released

Aerosoft F-14 Extended Released

A free update to existing F-14X owners: HERE

A complete set of new features is available HERE

Super... John!!!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Do we uninstall the original first, or install over it?

Dave

Definitely un-install the original before using the new installer.

Does anyone else have a considerable loss of framerates with this package?

Cees

As they said in 'TOPGUN' ... I'm in !

Disable the mirrors by using the no mirror model.

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    Does anyone else have a considerable loss of framerates with this package?

Cees

How to disable the mirrors?
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

In the aircraft.cfg's add the text '.NoMirror' to the model declaration:

[fltsim.X]
    title=F14 A Tomcat [variant]
    sim=Aerosoft F-14A P3D
    model=90.NoMirror

Thanks JohnC!
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Quote Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
    In the aircraft.cfg's add the text '.NoMirror' to the model declaration:

[fltsim.X]
    title=F14 A Tomcat [variant]
    sim=Aerosoft F-14A P3D
    model=90.NoMirror
    Mmmmm. Doesn't work for me. Does this apply to all the models or just the 90's? The planes won't show after this declaration. An upgrade with a downfall of the framerates (pun intended) seems a waste of time and effort to me. Sorry if that sounds a bit harsh, I appreciate the effort to take a model further and make it better, I really do. But in my case I'll uninstall and return to version 1.1, as I was perfectly happy with that version.

Cees

I'm wondering if the NoMirror mod is for the P3D version only? (I'm using FSXA). I have the same issue, drop in frame rates and the suggested mod cause the models to not show up in the aircraft selection screen. The drop in FPS is not horrific but certainly a lower than the previous version. Also, just to clarify, the new modeled in Afterburner feature (which moves during nose kneeling) is P3D only?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The no mirror version is P3D only

Military Air Simulation
    Fighter Squadron 142

I just had a quick flight in P3D 3.2 last evening. The mirrors work nicely. I may agree to a hint of reduced FPS, but in general the sim is smooth with no stutters. I think the FDE is a bit less wobbly than before. In all it felt nice but I did not dig in deep.

P3D 3d water compatible wakes are a big plus for me!

Mmmmm. Doesn't work for me. Does this apply to all the models or just the 90's? The planes won't show after this declaration. An upgrade with a downfall of the framerates (pun intended) seems a waste of time and effort to me. Sorry if that sounds a bit harsh, I appreciate the effort to take a model further and make it better, I really do. But in my case I'll uninstall and return to version 1.1, as I was perfectly happy with that version.

Cees
    A comment about FPS Cees, on my rig there is minimal if any hit on FPS. Granted I have a high end system. To help solve the problem I recommend posting the problem on the Aerosoft support website. They have a great team that developed this beauty. I purchased the original and that F-14 also had minimal if any impact on FPS. There is no difference in the original and Extended on my setup.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

An upgrade with a downfall of the framerates (pun intended) seems a waste of time and effort to me. Sorry if that sounds a bit harsh, I appreciate the effort to take a model further and make it better, I really do. But in my case I'll uninstall and return to version 1.1, as I was perfectly happy with that version.

Cees

Cees out of curiosity, what processor do you use? There were two major changes that should have a net neutral effect on frames from a computational perspective.

[Good] Using this document as a guideline, some 100-200 mathematical operations were simplified or optimized to reduce processor load.

[Bad] I haven't quantified, but 'a bunch' of new custom variables were added for some of the new radar features.

In addition to both of those, one of our main dll's was cleaved into three different dll's because it (the v1.1 version) was trying to cram too many sequential computations into a single simulation cycle. With the current version, there should be much more parallel processing...which would see increasing benefit with increasing CPU core count.

Cees out of curiosity, what processor do you use? There were two major changes that should have a net neutral effect on frames from a computational perspective.

[Good] Using this document as a guideline, some 100-200 mathematical operations were simplified or optimized to reduce processor load.

[Bad] I haven't quantified, but 'a bunch' of new custom variables were added for some of the new radar features.

In addition to both of those, one of our main dll's was cleaved into three different dll's because it (the v1.1 version) was trying to cram too many sequential computations into a single simulation cycle. With the current version, there should be much more parallel processing...which would see increasing benefit with increasing CPU core count.
    I have an AMD A10-7800

Cees

Beautifull machine!

But I cannot retract my gear!

Hrm, that is befuddling. For all the custom systems, the landing gear is about as stock as anything comes. I don't think there is any failure mode that could cause a stuck gear unless they went overspeed (~275KIAS).

PS: Thinking about it a little more. There is a gear lever lock switch just to the left of the lever, if that was accidentally flipped when you were trying to click the lever, then it might explain why it was stuck.

PS: Thinking about it a little more. There is a gear lever lock switch just to the left of the lever, if that was accidentally flipped when you were trying to click the lever, then it might explain why it was stuck.
    Had the same issue yesterday with the throttle levers. Engine power was increasing but levers not moving. Reloaded FSX and everything was working...

Just had a little succesfull flight from Bremen to Hamburg and now everything seems to be Ok.

Really a great addon.

is the serial number the same as the original install. I getting an error saying my email or serial# is wrong when i go to install it and I'm taking it right off the invoice email i got from aerosoft.
    anyone else having that problem?
    Three great things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life where you get to experience all three at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
    is the serial number the same as the original install. I getting an error saying my email or serial# is wrong when i go to install it and I'm taking it right off the invoice email i got from aerosoft.
    anyone else having that problem?
    No I had no issues using my original serial number. The installer is case sensitive, check your mail address again maybe.

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Just downloaded the update, which probably is more than just an update considering all the improvements! Glad to see AS making a good product even better!

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Members who have read this thread: 0