Charlotte Roval

Thread: Charlotte Roval

Lightbulb Charlotte Roval

Well....
    That was an interesting weekend....

It was different and there was more action with the Monster Energy Cup race than there was with the Xfinity Series race. Based on the post-race analysis, whether you like it or not, the Charlotte Roval will return next year.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I liked the part where Johnson lost his mind in the last 15 seconds.

Icon2

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    It was different and there was more action with the Monster Energy Cup race than there was with the Xfinity Series race. Based on the post-race analysis, whether you like it or not, the Charlotte Roval will return next year.
    The Indy road course would've made for a better venue IMHO....

Icon2

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Blaney, Elliot, Larson, and Bowman are still in it....So it would be nice to see one of the young guns take the Cup!

LOL. That was entertaining.

It was not nearly the chaos that TV hyped us all up for. Well, except for the big crack-up towards the end. And the part where JJ lost his mind...
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Nice to see JJ competitive again. A true racer goes for the win and he went for it. Too bad it cost him a slot in the chase.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    It certainly was an interesting race. The most entertaining and competitive one this year.

Looks like Keslowski has to work on his pit entry,lol

Jimmie Johnson was in the next round on points, but he lost his mind in the last 15 seconds of the race, tried to take the win, over-drove his car, wrecked and took himself out of contention for the championship.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    Blaney, Elliot, Larson, and Bowman are still in it....So it would be nice to see one of the young guns take the Cup!
    Unless like last year the team earning the most points over 36 races by the old rules, the cup means nothing to me. Too many teams got the cup by pure luck and others lost out even though they deserved the cup. Just like JJ who really has only 3 cups, and Edwards who earned 2 cups and was screwed out of them. Just tired of smoke, mirrors, and gimmicks!

Unless like last year the team earning the most points over 36 races by the old rules, the cup means nothing to me. Too many teams got the cup by pure luck and others lost out even though they deserved the cup. Just like JJ who really has only 3 cups, and Edwards who earned 2 cups and was screwed out of them. Just tired of smoke, mirrors, and gimmicks!
    I tend to agree. The current system does not reward consistency, but you can luck your way to a championship. Brian France and NASCAR really did not care about luck vs consistency, they just wanted to sell tickets and air time, so this "playoff" system was concocted to make racing more like the NFL. As I see it, racing and the NFL have only a few things in common. Fans, uniforms, and helmets. Oh, and NASCAR is losing fans as is the NFL, so they also have that in common.

What was that about?
    Agree with Ed, should have run this type of 'event' at Daytona.
    Couldn't be bothered to watch it all, the 'commentary' was appalling and the advertising was ridiculous.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

The ads that run during NASCAR races are just insane. At times they go to full screen ads and if something big happens you find out after all the commercials have finished. At other times they go to the split screen ads with the race shown in a small window and the ad in a larger window with sound. Again, if something happens you see it in microscope view, then the commentators tell you about what happened after the ads are finished. And it is a ton of ads, but that is how NASCAR generates much of its money and it's all about big money.

A roval at Daytona? Sure would be more space in the infield for such a thing and I don't care for the races on tracks longer than 1.5 miles anyway. I actually prefer races on shorter tracks. The cars can't go quite as fast, but drivers have to contend with more lap traffic and there are more opportunities for passing on the shorter tracks.

The standard today on commercials is 20 minutes per hour, but they can break that up any way they want. They could do 20 one minute ads. Back in the 50's 60's 70's it was 10 minutes per hour. Let's hope they don't try for 50%.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    What’s up with the new rules in 2019? Less power and more pack racing? Nascar has hit a new low.

why not go with Australian SuperCar. With Ford going the Mustang route they actually look like something you see on the road instead of cookie cutter shapes with different decals.

A reminder to NASCAR, the S and C in your name stands for STOCK CAR,

The standard today on commercials is 20 minutes per hour, but they can break that up any way they want. They could do 20 one minute ads. Back in the 50's 60's 70's it was 10 minutes per hour. Let's hope they don't try for 50%.
    Oh, I'm sure that's where we are headed.

Members who have read this thread: 0