Reunion with another squadron mate from VQ-1

Thread: Reunion with another squadron mate from VQ-1

Reunion with another squadron mate from VQ-1

Last night my wife and I had dinner with a squadron mate from VQ-1. Jobob Daigle and his family (his wife Daina, and daughter Byrnlee, and son Hayden). I was his CPO for the Flight Line Division for VQ-1; first on Guam, and then at Whidbey Island when BRAC closed NAS Agana in 1994. I had not seen Jobob since 1995. It was so great to see him again, and reminisce about old times! NC

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jobob, April, Daina.jpg   Jobob and me August 11 2018.jpg   VQ-1 Line Divsion.jpg  
    Last edited by Navy Chief; August 12th, 2018 at 17:53.

Brynlee and Hayden Daigle. Hayden just graduated from USMC boot camp, and is going through the Aviation Electrician School at NAS Pensacola.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Brynlee and Hayden Daigle.jpg  

Nice pics NC, and great place to eat it was new when I was stationed at NAS, one of my "go to" date places.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    Nice pics NC, and great place to eat it was new when I was stationed at NAS, one of my "go to" date places.
    Chief - it is always nice to see old shipmates who are able to say they enjoyed serving together, through the good times and bad. Glad you were able to do this.

That's great Chief.

I don't know that I have ever seen boots worn with Khakis, though I don't recall spending any time around Navy NCOs

Quote Originally Posted by joe bob View Post
    That's great Chief.

I don't know that I have ever seen boots worn with Khakis, though I don't recall spending any time around Navy NCOs
    Flight boots with steel toes are required on the flight line, or when working around USN aircraft. And the khakis we wore were "working" khakis. NC

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Great shots and a great story. Looks like you all aged well.

Members who have read this thread: 0