Pilot's Boeing B314 Clipper in Development for P3Dv4 and FSX - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pilot's Boeing B314 Clipper in Development for P3Dv4 and FSX

Quote Originally Posted by vortex View Post
    They did start their news update with "Well, that is new for us. We publish a Road Map for 2018 ..." which I don't think was there previously. It preceded the quote I gave above. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that the info in my post on 11 Jan 18 is correct.
    Me too; thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to this one.

So, no new news about this project? I dont see any new info since the project was announced.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    I agree Tom; this looks awesome!

Happy they chose the B314 as I have the M130 on my list to do. :-)

However, secretly, I wish that they have the M130 in the wings awaiting assessment of sales for the 314. :-)
    Hi Milton,
    Any thoughts about revisiting this aircraft..?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A-M130-2.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    Hi Milton,
    Any thoughts about revisiting this aircraft..?
    SH72, my enthusiasm and initiative for long, drawn-out projects is waning badly and I am slowly working towards hanging up my tools. :-)

Hopefully someone else can step up to the plate to deliver this beauty.

Thanks for asking.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Looks pretty far along.... What's she need?

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    Looks pretty far along.... What's she need?
    LOL AFAIK, that is a real world picture or graphic, not a sim screenshot. No one I know of has done an M130 for FSX/P3D
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Er...

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...j6QolWk8NahOmy

M130 in China Clipper livery for FSX available at CalClassic. The textures are certainly dated by today's standards, but she flies well enough. Performance numbers are spot on, quite good enough for long distance dead reckoning supplemented with celestial nav. She's been great for the re-creation videos.

I also would sure love a B-314 with a virtual cockpit though. I had high hopes for this Pilot's project, dunno if it's been abandoned or what.

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    SH72, my enthusiasm and initiative for long, drawn-out projects is waning badly and I am slowly working towards hanging up my tools. :-)
    Completely understandable give your herculean efforts to flight sim endeavors. It will be a very sad day when this happens.

A pleasant surprise to those who thought this was abandoned! Per the developer:

...the aircraft will be released for FSX in addition to P3D, and that a release is currently scheduled for July.
    https://fselite.net/previews/pilots-...per-previewed/
    -Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mgchrist5 View Post
    A pleasant surprise to those who thought this was abandoned! Per the developer:

https://fselite.net/previews/pilots-...per-previewed/

Wow...! Nice catch, this is great news...!

That's great news, after there announcement two years ago and nothing since I had written them off as dead. As long as they give it a reasonable price I will find it a place in my hanger.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Great time o' day !! I'll try to be first in line when released !!

This is really good news! Thanks much for the update; I've been looking forward to this one for 2 years now! I really thought for sure she'd been abandoned.

According to discussion on their Facebook page, the developer claims "full" system modeling and says he'd call it "study level". Also, FDE by Alexander Metzger. Sounds pretty promising!

Quote Originally Posted by stearmandriver View Post
    This is really good news! Thanks much for the update; I've been looking forward to this one for 2 years now! I really thought for sure she'd been abandoned.

According to discussion on their Facebook page, the developer claims "full" system modeling and says he'd call it "study level". Also, FDE by Alexander Metzger. Sounds pretty promising!
    Andy-

I'd buy a brick $&!#house if Alex Metzger did the FDE- he's that good! Also looking forward to this old girl....

Best- C

C, what other work has Metzger done. I'd like to try out some of his FDEs.

@mal998 - he did the FDE for the Manfred Jahn C-47, C-117 and Basler BT-67, the PMDG DC-6, and both Antonov AN-2 "Anuschkas" (Sibwings/AT Simulations and Octopus-G/Aerosoft). All of them feel like real, physical objects moving in an air mass, as opposed to code behaving like code. To me he's in a class with Rob Young and Bernt Stolle - I'm sure there are a couple of others whose names I'm not remembering, but it's a small club. At the moment I'm spending way more time on his airplanes than anybody else's. I had no idea he was working on this one but now that I know it... I'm in!
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Alan-

Alex Metzger succeeds in divesting one from the feel of equations and maths, and translating one into full flight feel- 'tis a very small club indeed

Best- C

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    Alex Metzger succeeds in divesting one from the feel of equations and maths...
    Couldn't have put it better. There are plenty of sim aircraft - including prestigious high-end ones - where you can hear and feel the calculations running in the background. Little digital bumps, so to speak, when the aircraft shifts into a different flight mode. Makes you really appreciate what Alex, Bernt, Rob and a handful of others have managed to accomplish.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

I knew Metzger was very well regarded, but I did not know he did the C-47 FDE... oh my. I'm very very tempted by the latest Anaschuka offering as well, knowing how Carl loves her...

But you guys are getting me even more psyched up for this 314! Maybe another re-creation video series of an almost forgotten real-life flying boat flight? Who's read "The Long Way Home"?

Who's read "The Long Way Home"?
    At least twice and Night Over Water by Ken Follett a couple of times, too.

May 11th; another teaser picture posted of her laying at moorings...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...id=26063953513

I'm glad she made that meeting Andy! What a poor advert photo

Best- C

A little teaser video was released; unfortunately all external shots. I mean they look good, I just really want to see the flight deck and interior!

B314 footage starts around 1:16
    https://youtu.be/X2h-LFAjqks

B314 footage starts around 1:16
    https://youtu.be/X2h-LFAjqks
    I have to say that, apart from some reflections, it doesn't look much different from the old version - it still looks more like the FS2004 version than something all-new. A few rivets on the cowlings but virtually none on the wings or fuselage. The engines and prop hubs look very basic as well compared to most recent offerings. It all looks a bit cartoony to me. I just hope that this is a very early version.

I was disappointed to see only exteriors also, the VC is really the most important part of the model so without seeing that its a bit pointless, but good to see there is still some activity there, I had given them up for dead.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Members who have read this thread: 0