MJ's C-47 Livery question..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MJ's C-47 Livery question..

MJ's C-47 Livery question..

So I posted this in another thread but maybe the question needs one of its own..

I don't often ask for specific paints as they are usually easy to find (if they exist) or because they generally come available in their own time..however -

Is this scheme available for this model somewhere that I just haven't been able to spy, or can it be created by one of the artists here or there..?

enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

so with a little more digging I found this repaint for the 'awesome4sum' updated DC-3 files for the default aircraft.

it'll do for now - and maybe I could move Jan's updated VC over to this folder and be closer to where I want to be
    enter..the Sandman

Bjoern, I tried your VC functionality upgrade with this model but I guess it only works with the original default DC-3 and not the modified one..?
    enter..the Sandman

Hi,

Found this one for the X-plane version of MJ's, could probally be converted back to FSX format:
    https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php...oworx-c47-dc3/

Marcel

Interesting...I have no idea how plausible or even possible it is to take a paint from a P3D object and ‘convert it’ to FSX. I appreciate your reply though - I like that Western livery also.
    I’m sure that eventually there will be lots of airline repaints available for this model in BOTH flight sims. Finding the one I’m using on the modified default Dc-3 is good enough to hold me over for now.
    enter..the Sandman

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    Bjoern, I tried your VC functionality upgrade with this model but I guess it only works with the original default DC-3 and not the modified one..?
    Yep.

The one for Jon's models is here: https://sites.google.com/site/fsxstu.../dc-3-enhanced

oh I missed that! Thank you Bjoern - d/l'ing it now, can't wait to try it out
    enter..the Sandman

ok - that works...

better functionality in the VC, better sound, lighting, actual rain on the windscreen while in the VC if the weather gets mushy - outstanding!

You actually have to use the yaw trim now
    enter..the Sandman

I painted the WAL Awesum4sum DC-3 years ago and was thinking of repainting it for Manfred Jahn's model.

Gary

You did it perfectly to my eye..I hope you will make a new one for the MJ Douglass!
    enter..the Sandman

Thank you. It was on my list so I'll get started.

Gary

ok - that works...

better functionality in the VC, better sound, lighting, actual rain on the windscreen while in the VC if the weather gets mushy - outstanding!

You actually have to use the yaw trim now
    I'm prouder of the "under the hood" stuff, although I've never managed to complete it.

it's definitely 'busier' in the cockpit now..which is closer to my understanding of actually flying this type.
    I knew a feller who had spent a couple of lifetimes in the Dc-3...said that when it rained your lap would get soaked from all the water leaking in around the wind screen.
    Also that when things got interesting in a Dc-3 they got really interesting in a hurry. The paint was worn off the hydraulic pump levers for a reason.
    enter..the Sandman

Quote Originally Posted by gharper View Post
    Thank you. It was on my list so I'll get started.

Gary
    This would be outstanding!
    I am a bit chagrined that I didn't make a bigger deal about the quality of this repaint immediately in this thread. "It'll do for now" is an understatement as anyone can see who looks at the screenshot above.
    You nailed it.

If anyone else wants to see for themselves - I found both the awesome4som files and this repaint at flyaway https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/18649/fsx-western-airlines-douglas-dc-3/

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downlo...awesome-4some/
    enter..the Sandman

also - I can highly recommend Bjoerns .MDL and VC enhancements which he has already linked in this thread !

altogether these efforts make the default DC-3 astronomically better than it ever was - and it's worth having both versions on your HD (this and the MJ) for all kinds of reasons
    enter..the Sandman

@Bjoern - I turn off the VC labels in FSX so figuring out cockpit controls is an adventure at times. I love that you have included the Douglas training manual in your reader files..

I had one kind of hilarious moment when I flipped on the throttle lock levers at cruise altitude thinking they were mislabeled carb heat controls..trying to make an approach with locked throttles in a driving rainstorm after sundown is probably best to try when sitting comfortably at your desk, at home
    enter..the Sandman

The manuals were immensely useful as a reference and to avoid having to write a manual myself.

Sometimes I really regret not finishing it. But then again, I've got a civilian C-47 for X-Plane 11 that I can play with (not MJ's model though as it's still a very much military rendition).

so I guess you've got some xplane'n to do then...
    enter..the Sandman

Well, I've sworn to strictly stay on the consumer side when I bought XP11, but lo and behold, I'm back to developing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Well, I've sworn to strictly stay on the consumer side when I bought XP11, but lo and behold, I'm back to developing.
    So what you are saying is...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails just-when-i-thought-i-was-outthey-pull-me-back-in.jpg  
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Nah, brought that onto myself.
    what are you working on for Xplane? what's the project..
    enter..the Sandman

May I ask a question corresponding to the initial topic subject

It is the 100th birthday of BEA, and I would like to get a BEA livery for the MJ's C-47 -
    So far, to my surprise, no such texture found on Internet.
    Any suggestion where I should look...

I know that there is one for the MAAM-SIM R4D, but I have no idea if it could be adapted.

Sorry to disturb your conversation - thanks

Gérard

About done.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wa3-1.jpg   wa3-2.jpg  

what are you working on for Xplane? what's the project..
    Nothing that'd interest you.

Members who have read this thread: 0