Not long now...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not long now...

Not long now...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Beautiful, simply beautiful!!! Looking forward to these.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

SOH-CM-2020
    Loverly new birds for MAW!

When were these p 40s operational?

Really nice textures there Nigel!
    Looking forward to this
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

Fore sure, it will be well worth the wait!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Thanks!

Bit busy finishing things off - there will be RAF, SAAF, RAAF and RNZAF aircraft......... Oh, and the odd American one!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DB-1.jpg   DB-2.jpg  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

I heard someone talking about P-40s here?

Nice work Nigel. Is that the Dancat model?

Lovely work!

I really dig the worn-away paintwork.

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    WOW!! Many Thanks to the Masters for these..

Quote Originally Posted by sdsbolt View Post
    Nice work Nigel. Is that the Dancat model?
    The E-model is, yes, although Clive has done a lot of work finishing it off. It was goos to begin with - it's a beauty now.

But there is another Kittyhawk in the works. Or two. Or so. Look carefully.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

These all look great! I'm not familiar with the version with the two faired over gun ports. L model? Any thoughts of doing the N version, with the different canopy? Dancat also a B/C version out there, didn't he? Is that the other? Anyways, looking forward to them all, we've needed a nice P-40 model!

The F and L models are largely Rene's work based on Mike Wholaver's P-40F. We don't have the source file, and the only existing P-40N that I'm aware of is the Firepower one, which is also by Mike Wholaver, or at least, based on his F-model. So I'm not sure we can do that one as it stands, although I suspect it has crept into RS unnoticed...

There are actually 4 separate versions of the P-40E as well. Details... If you know what to look for, you'll have spotted that already, and you can probably guess the other two. Clive has done a splendid job.

Next project is a rework of Dancat's E-model into a P-40K Kittyhawk III. I don't think he did do a Tomahawk - or at least, I haven't seen it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Well, I see that some have a mirror and others don't, but otherwise, I clearly don't know what to look for. At any rate, great work guys, I appreciate the detail you're putting into it!

Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    These all look great! I'm not familiar with the version with the two faired over gun ports. L model?
    Exactly that, the "White 10" in my first picture is a six gun P-40F but the angle is hiding the wing leading edge. I came up with a few tricks that enabled bringing the old model slightly closer to today's standards and also made the four gun P-40L possible.

Australia Mate! living the good life in Gods Country
    Quote Originally Posted by ndicki View Post
    and the only existing P-40N that I'm aware of is the Firepower one, which is also by Mike Wholaver, or at least, based on his F-model. So I'm not sure we can do that one as it stands, although I suspect it has crept into RS unnoticed...
    Hi All,

The Rising Sun P40N is one of Mikes early renditions of the model that went onto be the Firepower P40N. The desert scheme pic is the Firepower model and the green scheme is the Rising Sun P40N model.

the scoop on the nose, exhaust stubs and lower air intake internal frames are different between the two models. on the Rising Sun model the exhaust stubs are particularly ugly.

I got the P40N from Mike back in the early days of MAW and then got permission to vamp it up some for the PTO addon. the Rising Sun addon model is the same PTO version with revised xdp file FM and textures.

regards Rob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FP - P40N.jpg   RS - P40N.jpg  
    No other success can compensate for failure in the home..

Rob, I stand corrected! Good news to hear his model has survived. Do you still have the source file? I'm sure there are things we could do with it... I admit I don't know the RS version though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

I seem to have uploaded the RAF package twice, owing to being cut off the first time... Please delete the one which isn't complete!

Anybody remember this aircraft?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kittyhawk RAF Pack.jpg   Airfix Kittyhawk 1970s.jpg  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Certainly do remember it! Airfix box art was great in the 70's!
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

very nice paint job including the very realistic bare aluminum, nice work thanks

The A.F. Scrub P-40 M and N over at Flightsim has the gmax source files included in the package. They are not multi LOD but they may provide a starting point for someone.

Great work Nigel, Clive, and Rene! The new model is quite nice, and I love the skins. I did notice the cockpit view sits too far forward. I look outside and find myself ahead of the wings!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    Great work Nigel, Clive, and Rene! The new model is quite nice, and I love the skins. I did notice the cockpit view sits too far forward. I look outside and find myself ahead of the wings!
    Hadn't noticed that in all the hours spent with this model! Unfortunately we don't have the cockpit source file so I don't think it can be moved back.
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Many, many thanks to all involved!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Members who have read this thread: 0