Justflight Goes For The Hawk
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Justflight Goes For The Hawk

A great choice, this will be a best-seller, surely!!!
    well done, Just Flight!

Just one question. Why?

edit: At second thoughts, I suppose it make sense as the Skysim model is now pretty much unobtainable. Not for me though.

Dave, I had a lovely conversation with Martyn at the Flight Sim show today over at Cosford about this. Yes there is technically now no payware Hawk available for FSX let alone P3d.

So far its external model only so still a fair way to go...

Not a plane I'm particularly interested in, but it is popular and I wish them all the best with it. Now, if they threw in a Hawk 200 with it, I would be in in a heart beat. I always liked that version and flew the wings off of the Iris version in FS9.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    edit: At second thoughts, I suppose it make sense as the Skysim model is now pretty much unobtainable. Not for me though.
    I'm worried with their software protection that next time i reinstall FSX (for whatever reason) i'm not going to be able to reactivate.

Count me in for Just Flight.
    Be yourself by yourself, stay away from me

Pantera

Let's just hope it's nothing like their Tornado... that thing is a disaster.

After they said that say were announcing a new plane, I hoped for the Jaguar (to be honest).
    But a new Hawk is definitly very nice also.
    Waiting for some nice teasing VC-Screenshots

Christoph

Quote Originally Posted by ak416 View Post
    Let's just hope it's nothing like their Tornado... that thing is a disaster.
    Not sure I'd agree, but then I am of course biased The performance issue and any other reported issues will be addressed by a service pack that is due to be released next week (I am getting 45-50 fps in the VC with an i7, 8GB RAM). We've also improved and added functionality with information provided by an ex-Tornado engineer. The performance issue was caused by a previously unknown (by us and other devs) limitation in the model compilation process, a downside of producing an incredibly complex model for a decade old sim which no longer has support from the manufacturer. Future products will not suffer from the same issue.
    Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    Just one question. Why?
    Why not?

I loved the SkySim Hawk but its over seven years old now and things have moved on considerably in that time in terms of visual quality (model/textures) and functionality of FSX/P3D addons. Hopefully we'll be able to give you plenty of reasons to purchase our Hawk.
    Martyn

I really wanted the Skysim Hawk but cant get that one anymore so this brilliant to hear.

The plane is actually a sales success if you look at the operator´s list:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BAE_Sy...45_Goshawk.png
    It is powerful, sexy and agile and should be fun to fly in sim. A good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
    Not sure I'd agree, but then I am of course biased The performance issue and any other reported issues will be addressed by a service pack that is due to be released next week (I am getting 45-50 fps in the VC with an i7, 8GB RAM). We've also improved and added functionality with information provided by an ex-Tornado engineer. The performance issue was caused by a previously unknown (by us and other devs) limitation in the model compilation process, a downside of producing an incredibly complex model for a decade old sim which no longer has support from the manufacturer. Future products will not suffer from the same issue.
    Good to know the performance issue has been addressed. You're right, calling it a "disaster" was probably a bit much, so I apologize, it's just incredibly disappointing when an add-on launches with such performance issues, something that surely must have been noticed during internal testing?

Anyway, very interested in the Hawk, looking forward to seeing how this one turns out

I'm in - and I do have the Skysim version.

It'll be nice to have a Hawk with a weapons fit. It'll make a change from having to drag all that display diesel about.

What about a Hawk T2, though?

Dave

Please Tacpac powered... with the bottom gun and air to air missiles would be alot of fun

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
    Martyn, that is good news. I applaud your audacity in embarking on the development of such complex planes, and your perseverance in perfecting the Tornado. I am sure it will be well worth the wait for all of us. You have a potential winner I think.

Not to hijack the thread, but will the HUD problems also be solved (symbology not staying in the right place, horizon line not moving in accord with the pitch ladder)?

An updated Hawk would be nice to have!

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post

What about a Hawk T2, though?

Dave
    Already in development at IRIS, didn't want to let the cat out of the bag this early in development, however we're doing the Mk127 used by the RAAF. Happy to see JF do a T2 if they're interested, but I'd say their efforts are being focused on the T.1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Smudge View Post
    Already in development at IRIS, didn't want to let the cat out of the bag this early in development, however we're doing the Mk127 used by the RAAF. Happy to see JF do a T2 if they're interested, but I'd say their efforts are being focused on the T.1
    check and double check....looking forward to the T2!!!

We are focusing on making a single variant to the best of our abilities (Hawk T1/T1A) as we did with the Tornado GR1 and Canberra PR9, however we will look into the possibility of including the export variants that were derived from the T1 (Hawk 50, Hawk 60 etc). There are currently no plans for a Hawk T2 but it looks like IRIS should essentially have you covered there

A couple of pics showing the Hawk without any payload:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hawk_2.jpg   Hawk_1.jpg  
    Martyn

Rick Piper made an excellent T2, but unfinished and unreleased! i was lucky enough to be given it about 5-6 years ago!! its a shame he never finished it as its superb!

Much thanks

I would like to sign up for a copy Martyn

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

I've flown the pants off of Dino's T-45C, so yep, definitely will be watching this one with interest.
    Jim Stewart

I too was hoping for a Sepecat Jaguar but the Hawk would be a very welcome addition to my virtual hangar.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeH View Post
    I too was hoping for a Sepecat Jaguar but the Hawk would be a very welcome addition to my virtual hangar.
    Maybe next time. We had the pleasure of sitting in a couple of Jaguar cockpits on a Hawk research trip yesterday. Its certainly an aircraft that we'd like to do at some point
    Martyn

Members who have read this thread: 0