FTX Global freeware NA airports 1 released

Thread: FTX Global freeware NA airports 1 released

FTX Global freeware NA airports 1 released

ORBX has released their first freeware airports for FTX Global set. All the airports in the pack are in the California. It contains the following airports:

KAJO, Corona Municipal Airport, Corona, CA - Dubbed the "Friendliest little Airport in America".

KAVX, Catalina Airport, Avalon, CA - Restaurant at the airport has a specialty of Buffalo burgers.

KEMT, El Monte Airport, El Monte, CA - last the airports in the San Gabriel Valley.

KRIR, Flabob Airport, Riverside/Rubidoux, CA - the seventh oldest surviving airport in California, the "aviation nuts" their call themselves "Flabobians"

KVNY, Van Nuys Airport, Van Nuys, CA - ranks as one of the world's busiest general aviation airports.

L35, Big Bear City Airport, Big bear, CA - Low fuel price, friendly airport workers and good restaurants.

L52, Oceano County Airport, Oceano, CA - Within walking distance of the Pismo Beach sand dunes.
    Download link is behind the link:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/top...rts-na-pack-1/

Also, remember to install newest ORBX libraries with the package to get it work properly.

Thanks for the hu!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Cancel that...all is good. Airports work fine without FTX global

Pics? Are these just basic airports or custom textures sceneries?
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Members +
    Beautiful Renditions of these Air Ports...Tho very sterile,,Spooky Even...Like That TV program "LIFE AFTER PEOPLE"...a Great Shortcoming in most Sim world airports..Like A Christmas Tree with No decorations......

These are "FREEWARE" airports. I'm sorry but when I get a "FREEWARE" airport....I'm not looking for "PAYWARE" quality. What has been offered here is way above what is stock in FSX. Go get them...they are free and try them for yourself and then offer feedback. just remember...they are "FREEWARE".

Blog Entries
    Think of these as similar to what you would get on this site. These are not created by ORBX professional developers, but are contributed as freeware through ORBX. I haven't seen them yet, so I can't make any comment about the quality.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Members +
    Yes Of Course ,these are Greatly appreciated ,Like I said Beautiful,My wishful comment was just an after thought,concerning FSX,and should not be taken as being ungrateful,On the contrary ,I thank those who offered this Gift Very much....Vin<label for="rb_iconid_24"></label>

Quote Originally Posted by beana51 View Post
    Yes Of Course ,these are Greatly appreciated ,Like I said Beautiful,My wishful comment was just an after thought,concerning FSX,and should not be taken as being ungrateful,On the contrary ,I thank those who offered this Gift Very much....Vin<label for="rb_iconid_24"></label>
    :salute:

All I need is a decent KRAL and I'd have 3 in a row!
    Dandog

Just This Guy!

These were created by Neil, who you would be already very familiar with from his extensive airport enhancement work with the FTX North American region team (some 2000 odd NA airports enhanced across 5 x FTX NA regions.....and counting)

The Asian/Oceanic pack coming soon is by a developer from our FTX New Zealand region team

Cheers
    Tim

So these are enhancements and not like Orbx Bowerman?
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    So these are enhancements and not like Orbx Bowerman?
    Correct.

Having purchased many orbx addons, for many of there airports and PNW,PFJ,CR's and what not, I was interested and almost purchased this program. I was perusing another site and read this, not good, in my opinion. You may want to read this before you install the software......http://www.simforums.com/forums/answ...opic46776.html
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case
    Asus Xonar Essence STX Audio Card
    Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155
    Intel I-5 Ivy Bridge 4.5 GHZ OC
    Xigmatek HDT-S1283 CPU Cooler

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Antec 750 Bronze power supply

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

Wn 7 64 bit on 500gb Raptor drive
    2T Storage HD
    Felix Audio Elise Headphone amp, PS Audio Nu Wave DAC Harman-Kardon avr 510 with EV Sentry V Speaker
    Sennheiser HD800 Headphones

Quote Originally Posted by dharris View Post
    Having purchased many orbx addons, for many of there airports and PNW,PFJ,CR's and what not, I was interested and almost purchased this program. I was perusing another site and read this, not good, in my opinion. You may want to read this before you install the software......http://www.simforums.com/forums/answ...opic46776.html
    This thread is about freeware FTX Global airports...there's nothing to purchase! If you're alluding to purchasing FTX Global then maybe a different thread is called for?

Personally I prefer FTX scenery to default or GEX and their compatibility forum solves many issues when trying to add other manufacturers scenery.
    SYSTEM :
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    This thread is about freeware FTX Global airports...there's nothing to purchase! If you're alluding to purchasing FTX Global then maybe a different thread is called for?

Personally I prefer FTX scenery to default or GEX and their compatibility forum solves many issues when trying to add other manufacturers scenery.

It amazes me that it seems some of our posters don't read completely the other posts before making statements about certain payware. If anyone read they would have seen that it was said that these airports do not require ANY type of payware to work. they only require the FREE Orbx libraries. For being free I say it again....they are worth it and much better than stock.

yes, these airports are freeware, no purchase required. For another thing, as a matter of balance, I would like to point out that the referenced thread is one of a few that contained unprofessional smear tactics by the developer in question. Nick has done a lot for the community, and he can be justifiably proud of his GEX products, but his statements in reaction to the only real competition he's had in seven years are nothing short of deplorable in my opinion. go over to simforums and read them all if you like, compares FTX to malware and accuses them of tyranny of all things. It should be pointed out that there is now a full automated uninstaller for Global, and there was always a full backup of all files from day one, despite the claims to the contrary. none of this has anything to do with these airports though. these are free and clear, and apparently work really well with all sorts of scenery.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnG View Post
    yes, these airports are freeware, no purchase required. For another thing, as a matter of balance, I would like to point out that the referenced thread is one of a few that contained unprofessional smear tactics by the developer in question. Nick has done a lot for the community, and he can be justifiably proud of his GEX products, but his statements in reaction to the only real competition he's had in seven years are nothing short of deplorable in my opinion. go over to simforums and read them all if you like, compares FTX to malware and accuses them of tyranny of all things. It should be pointed out that there is now a full automated uninstaller for Global, and there was always a full backup of all files from day one, despite the claims to the contrary. none of this has anything to do with these airports though. these are free and clear, and apparently work really well with all sorts of scenery.
    I have read it all and I have an opposite opinion than yours and we'll leave it at that, especially as you point out "none of this has anything to do with these airports though".

having most of the NA ORBX regions, it's kinda hard for me to enjoy the basic enhanced airports in the regions after leaving one of the addon airports, LOL. I can truly appreciate the amount of work that went into adding objects to all the basic airports in these regions though and it's my understanding the same person did these, so thanks for that, It is a nice gift for the community!
    Best, Michael

Quote Originally Posted by MCDesigns View Post
    having most of the NA ORBX regions, it's kinda hard for me to enjoy the basic enhanced airports in the regions after leaving one of the addon airports, LOL. I can truly appreciate the amount of work that went into adding objects to all the basic airports in these regions though and it's my understanding the same person did these, so thanks for that, It is a nice gift for the community!
    Did I just read the complaint above that a freeware airport is not as nice as a payware airport? Come on, guys, where is your sense of fairness in all of this? Many of you are developers in your own right. BTW, Neil is not just stopping at these six airports - Orbx has several more in the pipeline bundled into multiple packages. I just saw a post over at Orbx where Neil was talking about putting a Package 4 in for beta testing. They ALL will be released as freeware.

Stan V

Wow, the attitude towards freeware here is a bit rich

Cheers
    Tim
    (Bowerman, PortlandCBD developer)

We're getting off tack somewhat here fellas. I don't think we need get into the FTX v GEX mud slinging here. I've made my choice having owned both and I'm sure that's true for most of us who enjoy scenery enhancements and will have made that choice on preference alone rather than the behaviour of the vendors.
    SYSTEM :

Quote Originally Posted by Timbohobo View Post
    Wow, the attitude towards freeware here is a bit rich

Cheers
    Tim
    (Bowerman, PortlandCBD developer)
    Yeah man, freeware sucks big time. I don't know why anyone would bother making freeware airports. They must be CRAZY MUCHO LOCO!! TROUSERS!!!

On another note, downloading the latest ORBX libs (249MB worth) from the ORBX patch server network the estimated time to complete was 50 mins so I thought I would try the Google Drive option which only takes 3 mins.

Members who have read this thread: 0