Hu! Su-25ub, utg & su-28
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hu! Su-25ub, utg & su-28

Hu! Su-25ub, utg & su-28

A brand new Sukhoi 25 Frogfoot has been released at avsimrus.com
    http://www.avsimrus.com/f/fs2004-air...1-0-65030.html

Su-25UB, UTG (carrier version) and the Su-28 trainer project available, only two seaters covered.
    VC & systems very convincing, flight model might be perfected. Doc in russian only.

I have been playing with it and currently digging out mapping for future repaints. I would love a single seater -25 but this project is a good start !
    It is the first Sukhoi -25 ever released with a decent VC. (K. Ito did one back in the time, no VC and 3D model was a bit approximative)
    Animations are nicely done, especially airbrakes and wing slats. Full fuel, the aircraft will show up with up to 4 tanks underwings.

L'iguane
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img65030_2t.jpg   img65030_3.jpg   img65030_2.jpg  

Took it up a couple of weeks ago,very nice! I'm hoping the developer is going to do a single-seat model.

Quote Originally Posted by HorusJ View Post
    Took it up a couple of weeks ago,very nice! I'm hoping the developer is going to do a single-seat model.
    Me too ! a Su-25K would be wonderful
    SteveB aka Stalin is gonna love these anyway !

I'm dreaming about some African liveries for the UB version, will cover soviet & eastern europe republics era as well. All I need is time.

Cheers
    L'iguane

Very impressive screens. Often wondered if anyone was ever going to make the "Frog Foot" for flight sim. I was unaware of Kaz Ito's model. Don't forget the additional sound patch.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Nice find. And according the posted images a really nice model.

Cheers,
    Huub

ive known about kazanori ito's frogfoot for years... didnt know anyone was maming an upgrade!!

Quote Originally Posted by darrenvox View Post
    ive known about kazanori ito's frogfoot for years... didnt know anyone was maming an upgrade!!
    Ain't no upgrade there, it is a brand new one

Here a very WIP on a paintkit. Digging out accurate mapping and layering.

The 3D model is excellent, mapping is acceptable. It's only lacking a proper 3D cannon bay (left side), a parachute animation and maybe better pilots model. Otherwise it's GREAT !!

Cheers
    L'iguane
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg  

Dear all,

It was brought to my attention that payware software has been included in this package. Therefore I have decided to unstick this thread. The model itself does work without the included payware. I leave it to the individual's personal responsibility what he or she does with the included payware. (Sorry to be a bit vague, but I don't want to attract the wrong people....)

As far as possible the owners of the included payware have been informed so that they can take the actions they feel are necessary.

Kind regards,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Dear all,

It was brought to my attention that payware software has been included in this package. Therefore I have decided to unstick this thread. The model itself does work without the included payware. I leave it to the individual's personal responsibility what he or she does with the included payware. (Sorry to be a bit vague, but I don't want to attract the wrong people....)

As far as possible the owners of the included payware have been informed so that they can take the actions they feel are necessary.

Kind regards,
    Huub

Hi Huub,

I'd be interested in that payware stuff, so as to remove it from my setup. PM sent.
    I did not realize, as I mostly use freeware basis for my repainting projects.

Cheers
    L'iguane

Quote Originally Posted by l'iguane View Post
    Hi Huub,

I'd be interested in that payware stuff, so as to remove it from my setup. PM sent.
    I did not realize, as I mostly use freeware basis for my repainting projects.

Cheers
    L'iguane
    Hi l'iguane,

And your PM has been answered.

As I have the feeling the payware files are included unintentional and have nothing to do with the actual model or with your future repaints, I beg you to continue. As your work is, without doubt, definitely something to look forward to.

Cheers,
    Huub

For those wondering,
    I'm pursuing reworking on the Sukhoi.

It's is undergoing heavy maintenance, with full retexturing from scratch. Layering and riveting according to photos and detailed views.

The VC texture will likely be adjusted to look close to the real one.
    MDL tweak adjustment also, canopy transparency and so on...

The flight model is a bit approximative, it's way too fast when going full throttle, also it will go higher than it's absolute ceiling of 7000m...

A few pix, early WIP

Cheers
    L'iguane
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 8.jpg   6.jpg  

Keeping a very interested eye on your progress L'iguane.

Quote Originally Posted by HorusJ View Post
    Keeping a very interested eye on your progress L'iguane.

L'iguane
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 11.jpg  

Awesome, thank you for the heads up on this

Regards
    Allen

EXCELLENT!! Thanks for posting the pic, l'iguane.

BB686

Tanks are now textured. I have been refining details, still lots to do, but the overall is mostly done.
    A few livery will come up from that set up, with a freshly out of the factory look. Weathering will be added with further release.

There are some mapping bugs I couldn't fix, they are not that visible but can still be noticed.

L'iguane
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 13.jpg  

Looks darn good to me L'iguane

Taff
    The grass is always greener on the other side...

But, it's just as hard to mow!

Quote Originally Posted by rgatkinson View Post
    Looks darn good to me L'iguane

Taff

Thank you sir ! Plenty to come

L'iguane
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 21.9.jpg  

Looks good l'iguane (for an aircraft without a propeller ). Just kidding of course, the grey low-vis scheme looks really great

Cheers,
    Huub

Huub's right, that grey scheme really suits the stubby little Sukhoi very well. Not only that but that's a very dynamic shot, really suggests that the plane is boogying along, l'iguane! Well done!

BB686

Huub, Blackbird, I'm glad to see there is still interest in fs9. I'm very very happy about this Frogfoot unexpected coming...
    By the way, the low vis grey scheme above is the late scheme Peruvian Air Force adopted on the few airworthy Sukhoi they operate.

Here a WIP of a Czechoslovak Air Force UBK version, 30th Ground Attack Regiment, based Pardubice, 1992
    I'm using the SU-28 as a hack, it doesn't have the UB periscope and simulate the UBK fairly well.

Cheers
    L'iguane
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 23.jpg  

Still going through the long process of weathering. I'll probably release a first batch of liveries before mid june.

Cheers
    L'iguane
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 23.jpg   24.5.jpg   25.jpg  

Belarus VVS SU-25UB

L'iguane
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 28.jpg   27.jpg  

Beautiful as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
    Beautiful as always.
    We might see a first release somewhere around next week !

WIP Bulgarian Air Force 30 years anniversary

L'iguane
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 34.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 1