What do we want to see/need in CFS2 in 2020?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What do we want to see/need in CFS2 in 2020?

Icon5 What do we want to see/need in CFS2 in 2020?

Hi Folks,

I'm only asking as I know you're a broad minded lot, erring mostly on the WWI/WWII/Cold war eras, but a wish/need/want list would be good to get the 'juices' going. Also maybe stimulate others into 'having a go', helping on joint projects etc....

New aircraft, re-makes of older models, airfields, scenery, vehicles, ships, weapons, repaints etc.........

So come on then?.....

Cheers

Shessi

Icon22 Reply...

Mark,

An updated TBD Devastator along the lines of Wolfi's Avenger would be first on my list.

Modifications to Bruno's DeHavilland Mosquito (or one of similar quality) to have a glass-nosed model or other variants.

French AA guns and machine guns.

An updated Mitsubishi Ki-21 Sally would be nice.

An updated Savoia-Marchetti Sm-79 Sparviero would be nice.

An updated freeware Fiat Br-20 Cicogna.

A new later "D" model Stuka would be appreciated.

Maybe a new Martin 187 Baltimore.

Maybe a new Cant Z Alcione medium bomber.

Maybe a new Macchi Mc-205 Veltro.

Maybe new Reggiane Re-2000 and Re-2001 fighters.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

What a question!!

I'd most of all like to see a new Philippines GSL set. (Rhumba based or stock mesh - it doesn't matter)
    next: Some more GMax US DD classes.

Yes Rami; a new Devastator.

Skins for USS Essex and USS Saratoga airgroups.
    Last edited by Shadow Wolf 07; December 30th, 2019 at 07:49. Reason: added stuff
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Wolf 07 View Post
    I'd most of all like to see a new Philippines GSL set. (Rhumba based or stock mesh - it doesn't matter)

Definitely USS Saratoga and airgroups. The new Meridian BPF campaign starts with a truly joint group consisting of TF -69 and TF-70, which starts with the USS Saratoga, and destroyers USS Dunlap, USS Cummings, USS Fanning, along with French battleship FNS Richelieu, and Dutch cruiser HNLS Tromp, and destroyer HNLS Van Galen mixed in with the BPF.

I may need some of our fantastic scenery Gurus to help with updating the scenery around Sumatra to match the GWS from Rhumbaflappy.......

Lee
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

See it as a start (though it is already uploaded on SimV), but I made a nice CFS2-panel with full working gauges for the updated Martin B-10 by Michael Pook. Fly it in Rami's DEI missions and campaigns.

Wish you all safe landings in the new year,

hertzie

I may be wrong, but there is no good-quality multi-LOD French fighter. We need D-520, MS-406 and MB-151/152. Maybe some French bombers as well.

We need new Russian aircraft as well. Thicko's Russian aircraft are old now and not multi-LOD, same with Graham's Yak-3.

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Modifications to Bruno's DeHavilland Mosquito (or one of similar quality) to have a glass-nosed model or other variants.
    Burnage has made a glass-nosed version of the Mosquito.

My two cents here......

........and as general as I can be. How about some updating of the aircraft that Talon used in his CBI theater ( as well as some mesh and texs) and the a\c in Korea. I use Mortons swap utility but still would like to see the theaters updated to the standards of present.

BTW: HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!!!!!!.

Hi Shessi,

Curtiss P-36 / H75 family , In the same style than the 109 C/D IL-2 conversion, it's really awesome. A few years back, I tried to improve Gramps old one, but it showed its age...
    Me-262 family or Ta-183, in the same style of the Arado 234 you've pleased us with.

I have a secret wish for 2 cold war trainers, not so CFS2, but still,
    TS-11 IskraJet
    Cessna T-37 Tweet

Should one of the above come out, it is more than probable I would put my hand in and paint additional liveries

Cheers
    L'iguane

I'd love to see some new WW1 campaigns, preferably in new areas like defending London against Zeppelins, or even an east front campaign (German/Russian) or if the terrain can be found an Italian/Austrian "Alpenflieger" campaign - flying those underpowered planes in the Alpine region must be a challenge.
    Happy New Year to all - don't drink too much
    Finn

Icon22 Reply...

Quote Originally Posted by Roxane-21 View Post
    I may be wrong, but there is no good-quality multi-LOD French fighter. We need D-520, MS-406 and MB-151/152. Maybe some French bombers as well.

We need new Russian aircraft as well. Thicko's Russian aircraft are old now and not multi-LOD, same with Graham's Yak-3.

Burnage has made a glass-nosed version of the Mosquito.
    Roxanne-21,

Thicko's Soviet aircraft are multi-lod, despite the fact they are old. However, we do need a good Yak-3.

And with regard to French fighters, we have good models of the Dewoitine D-520, Bloch 151/152. and the Ms-406 thanks to Bismarck13 and Thicko.
    "Rami"

Icon22 Reply...

Shessi,

Roxanne is right...we could use the generation of French bombers arriving on the scene just as the Germans invaded, including the Amiot 354, Bloch 174, and perhaps a Potez 63.11.
    "Rami"

Quote Originally Posted by Fibber View Post
    ........and as general as I can be. How about some updating of the aircraft that Talon used in his CBI theater ( as well as some mesh and texs) and the a\c in Korea. I use Mortons swap utility but still would like to see the theaters updated to the standards of present.

Hi Fibber:

You mentioned Korea. I too would like to see some high quality aircraft for that conflict. You know, a couple of years ago I did some bases for Korea?

Happy New Year to you and yours too!
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Roxanne-21,

Thicko's Soviet aircraft are multi-lod, despite the fact they are old. However, we do need a good Yak-3.

And with regard to French fighters, we have good models of the Dewoitine D-520, Bloch 151/152. and the Ms-406 thanks to Bismarck13 and Thicko.
    Thank you for the reminder about Thicko's aircraft.

Are you sure all of his soviet aircraft are multi-LOD though? I remember getting quite low frame rates with his bombers.

His Yaks are not really accurate though, so I think new ones would be welcome.

Bismarck13's Dewoitine is quite basic as well. I prefer the one made by Jean-Marie Mermaz, but it is not multi-LOD...

And there is a problem with the texture mapping of William Dickens' MB-152. When seen from certain distance, the front half of the fuselage looks untextured.

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    I'd love to see some new WW1 campaigns, preferably in new areas like defending London against Zeppelins, or even an east front campaign (German/Russian) or if the terrain can be found an Italian/Austrian "Alpenflieger" campaign - flying those underpowered planes in the Alpine region must be a challenge.
    Since we are talking about WW1, what about the Adriatic sea? New scenery and new aircraft such as Macchi M5 and Hansa-Brandenburg W.18 would be great. I have always been a fan of Porco Rosso.

Icon22 Reply...

Thank you for the reminder about Thicko's aircraft.
    You're welcome.

Are you sure all of his soviet aircraft are multi-LOD though? I remember getting quite low frame rates with his bombers. His Yaks are not really accurate though, so I think new ones would be welcome.
    Just because they are multi-lod doesn't necessarily mean they are frame-rate friendly. Witness his German Dorniers. And the Yaks are serviceable. The P-51D Mustang isn't really accurate either, though AcWai's new version did redress this to an extent.

Bismarck13's Dewoitine is quite basic as well. I prefer the one made by Jean-Marie Mermaz, but it is not multi-LOD...
    So do I, but when you've got a 109 on your tail, suddenly the model's accents and details don't really matter as much. It is frame-rate friendly, even in large groups, and UncleTgt gave it a nice skin and model shine to doll her up a bit.

And there is a problem with the texture mapping of William Dickens' MB-152. When seen from certain distance, the front half of the fuselage looks un-textured.
    - See comment about trying to fend off a 109 behind you over France.
    "Rami"

I would love to see new scenery for the town of Rabaul created. One with roads that would better represent how the town looked during the war. With all the attention given this area from both sides, I'm a little surprised it has not seen more development. Just on my "wish list". I appreciate everything the developers have shared with the comunity.

msfossey

Just because they are multi-lod doesn't necessarily mean they are frame-rate friendly. Witness his German Dorniers.
    So, maybe more frame-rate friendly models would be welcome.

And the Yaks are serviceable.
    And so is the stock/overhauled Devastator, but you still asked for a new one.

- See comment about trying to fend off a 109 behind you over France.
    Well, in the case of the MB-152 it is a bit more than rivet-counting. You are in a fight (with AI MB-152 wingmen or against them in a Bf-109) and suddenly half of the plane in your gunsight becomes bare metal. I know French paint is not the highest quality, but this is quite rude!

SW.......

.....I do remember that you did those bases. The problem I have is tha for some reason MB won't work on this rig and I can't get the "infrastructure" in place. Nice to fly around though and do some touch, thumb nose, and goes.

List of Lists

Shessi,

Maybe it would be useful to do lists in categories so that we could talk about prioritising particular objects in a context. That might help to generate discussion about projects/ scenario/ missions people would like to see or fill holes in work planned.

So....my list starts with categories: French vehicles (1st and 2nd World Wars but some French tanks and trucks for WW2 would be very useful both in France 1940 and the Levant 1941), European chateaux/ country houses (for dotting across the Belgian/ French countryside near airfields), WWI Allied bombers (can someone please make a Short Bomber?!), Training aircraft, Effects (some better smoke in widening columns would be useful if this could be done without being too much of a hit on frame rates), New ground texturing for important cities and towns (yes, I know it would involve flattening but there is a benefit from the bird's eye perspective) and new models for German reconnaissance aircraft of WW2.

What categories have I left out?

Quote Originally Posted by msfossey View Post
    I would love to see new scenery for the town of Rabaul created. One with roads that would better represent how the town looked during the war. With all the attention given this area from both sides, I'm a little surprised it has not seen more development. Just on my "wish list". I appreciate everything the developers have shared with the comunity.

msfossey
    Uncle Tgt's Rabaul is a good representation, but if you are interested in a street plan and streetscape I have photographs my wife's father took in 1938-39 while he was working there. I also have a map of the AA layouts around the harbour.

Maybe new Dornier 217 & Me 262
    Keepdoing conversions from IL 2 models
    Newtextures for the old but eccellent RCS B-25J
    Villagesbasis whit streets only

SOH-CM-2020

What do we want to see/need in CFS2 in 2020?

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi;1206322
    [B
    So come on then?[/B].....

Cheers

Shessi
    Weiss Wm 21 Solyom
    Repulogpegyar Levente II
    Letov S 328
    Lockheed Lodestar
    Douglas DC2
    Supermarine Spitfire VI
    Hawker Nisr
    Fairey Gordon
    DH Vampire F.1
    Bristol Bulldog – WW2 skins
    Me 262A-2a Schwalbe
    Junkers Ju 88P
    Junkers Ju 86
    Fiesler Fi 167 – Croatian skins
    SM79 – twin engine variants
    HP Harrow
    Fairey Hendon

… I could go on, e.g. Junkers Ju 352 Herkules, a BV 222 etc etc – well you did ask!

Thanks to all the people that have already contributed so much to CFS2 that all the major aircraft are already covered and it is just oddities that are left without a proper CFS2 representive.

Happy New Year to all!

Cheers,

SW

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Wolf 07 View Post

USS Essex & USS Saratoga airgroups - which aircraft models?

UncleTgt VF-9 Essex Hellcat skinpack

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...id=57&id=22474

That's a great idea - much better than having more & more obscure aircraft that will hardly ever get used. Of course what REALLY needs doing is to bring some of the Asian scenery up to modern standards first, & there's a much smaller pool of resources willing to tackle scenery projects ...

.....I do remember that you did those bases. The problem I have is tha for some reason MB won't work on this rig and I can't get the "infrastructure" in place. Nice to fly around though and do some touch, thumb nose, and goes.
    Hi. and Happy New Year:

Was the problem with the bases and MB or with your MB in general? If Mission Builder. what OS are you using?

I can't get my MB to work on my PC - it's a pure Win10, not an upgraded Win10 from another OS. I was just wondering if we might have a common problem.

Also, if you get it working, I too would love to get some new Korea missions with updated models. I'm too lazy to do the research.

Cheers
    SW
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Members who have read this thread: 5