Lockheed Jetstar II - Page 17
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 79101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Lockheed Jetstar II

simviation download is on

Lockheed L-1329 Jetstar II P3D V4.5-5.2

Its PBR, but also a non PBR model included-->you have to ammend aircraft cfg

Should be up soon With help of many contributors , like 3 textures by Mike17 ( like the pictured "HEINZ"colour ), gauges by Gaab and other THANK YOU ALL

Also up now

New VC more switches work properly
    PBR and non PBR model included
    Many help Like Mike17 for repaints ( took his "Heinz" for the picture )
    Different 2D panel by Grep Peters and help by Michael Pook
    New camera views thanks to Erwin Welker
    HEAVY testing and PBR contribution by Ivan(GreyEagle)

Many more THANK YOU contributors

Still there is VC flicker and the sunvisor in VC cannot be made transparent

pls report issues here with mentioning P3D model

Roland

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2021-11-27_13-46-8-520.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	203.6 KB 
ID:	85370Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2021-11-27_13-57-17-541.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	318.9 KB 
ID:	85371Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2021-11-27_13-57-2-589.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	361.4 KB 
ID:	85372Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2021-11-27_13-57-9-349.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	425.3 KB 
ID:	85373

Congratulations Roland on this most looked forward to, excellent update!

Great to finally have the correct JetStar II engine gauges in the VC. I have carried over the fully functioning Fraser McKay 2D panel and gauges and merged these into the updated VC.

Also like Mike's red Heinz repaint!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

I am glad to see my 2D panel has made the cut with most of the gauges! They look really nice in the newer sims. As Roland hinted at earlier I was estatic to see this back alive and just enquired about the original source files and the possiblilty for the legacy FS9ers. Anyway, there is much to do yet... but as I did the Mike Stone photoreal repaints originally, I needed to do some of those before anything...

These are FS9 and 1024x1024 and not made with the paintkit, so not sure how terrible they would show in any other version sim.

Still have details to tweak but almost complete.

Greg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot 2021-11-21 225201.jpg   Screenshot 2021-11-21 222722.jpg   Screenshot 2021-11-16 232404.jpg  

For the record here

Greg is the one which donated many Gauges and the 2 D Panel Photorealistic !

And maybe finalize the FS9 Model

THANK YOU Greg

Quote Originally Posted by thunder100 View Post
    For the record here

THANK YOU Greg
    I switched out the int mdl that put the wing light rocker switch in sync with the other light switches. Now it looks like the missing Pilots ADI remains a WIP
    It has come a long way in a short time.

Adding the chrome effect

Here are some screen grabs using the non PBR model and adding a file to the main texture folder

If interested in making that chrome stand out here's the link:
    Put this file in your main texture folder of the NON PBR version. The "red tomato" has red buckets but they have a red luster to them anyway.
    This file will make the chrome items shine a lot better.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/z6kwl...%2529.dds/file

There ya go! That looks much better!

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by gpeters View Post
    There ya go! That looks much better!

Greg
    This stuff is a mystery!! I can can paint pretty good, I understand alphas, but every explanation about the relationships among spec, bump, fresnel and pbr files glazes my eyes ---

Quote Originally Posted by Mike71 View Post
    This stuff is a mystery!! I can can paint pretty good, I understand alphas, but every explanation about the relationships among spec, bump, fresnel and pbr files glazes my eyes ---
    You can paint pretty good but it looks like the area's of the speed brakes were painted red for some reason. The other metal one you did was pretty good and there is some chrome luster
    to the buckets.

EDIT: Perhaps you didn't use a sample color from one of the other textures (jetstarengine_t.bmp)or from the paint kit and paste it into the areas in question. Just a guess.

I found another chrome effect from Banana BOB. This was done back in 2008 and for FSX at the time.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downlo...e/#screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    You can paint pretty good but it looks like the area's of the speed brakes were painted red for some reason. The other metal one you did was pretty good and there is some chrome luster
    to the buckets.
    EDIT: Perhaps you didn't use a sample color from one of the other textures (jetstarengine_t.bmp)or from the paint kit and paste it into the areas in question. Just a guess.
    Speed brakes or reverser assemblies?? The reverser buckets WERE red on the actual plane, but different material from the nacelle skins, so some sheen; also heat effect over time changes metal surfaces.

As for the underside speed brake, it should be like the fuselage. Not totally sure of what you mean --

Blog Entries
    Hello all,

Apologies that health issues kept me away from being active here, but I'm so thrilled this lovely project has gotten legs again.

Downloading as I type, and so thankful for the work in both model, panel and repaints underway.

Many kind thanks,

dl

Jetstar II

Quote Originally Posted by thunder100 View Post
    For the record here

THANK YOU Greg

I hope model FS9.

Im FS9ERZ

Thank Roland! You are great designed modeller

Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

I found another chrome effect from Banana BOB. This was done back in 2008 and for FSX at the time.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downlo...e/#screenshots
    works great without me changing the alphas in the 3 original textures provided! Thanx, very useful --

Quote Originally Posted by Mike71 View Post
    As for the underside speed brake, it should be like the fuselage. Not totally sure of what you mean --
    I misspoke about the speed brake. I was trying to address just thrust reversers.

I misspoke about the speed brake. I was trying to address just thrust reversers.
    Thanx; as I said the real plane had unusual painted reversers - see real and repaint below:

Name:	N357H.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	346.1 KB 
ID:	85387

SOH-CM-2023
    On a side note, Corperate Jets sometimes get funny and strange names.... Like Hines' Ketchup 1. When I worked the ramp at KBTV (Burlington VT) we shared the ramp with US Customs and a few planes came in with registrations and monikers that were a bit funny.

John Deer (tractors) has a fleet of Citation X jets with all tail numbers ending in JD and painted white with JD yellow and green stripes

Nike USA (shoes/sportswear) has a Gulfstream V with the tail number of N1KE.

One of the Outback Steakhouse chain's Falcon 50's came across my ramp on day for an oxygen top off and had the name "Bloomin Onion III" on the nose. Company VP was on board with the family (Ski trip I think) and gave us a huge stack of blooming onion gift cards and the mechanic a $100 gift card.
    You can't take the sky from me...

Having fun with the Jetstar II thanks to all who have worked so hard on its current recreation.

Name:	Camo P3d 1.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	119.4 KB 
ID:	85388 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Camo P3d 2.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	102.3 KB 
ID:	85389

The real thing.

Name:	e9c0e4e13be5bf139018bb6274013e71.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	121.3 KB 
ID:	85390 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a-left-front-view-of-a-camouflaged-c-140a-jet-star-aircraft-from-the-1866th-c110cc-1600.jpg 
Size:	799.3 KB 
ID:	85391
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Ok, I give up, I have tried to figure out why my number one engine has less RPM and power than the other three. It will max out at full throttle but falls off sharply when throttle reduced. The other three are always nearly all the same. Any ideas. I have tried looking at the aircraft.cfg and even the air file. Stumped and need any help.

Thanks, Tom

Addendum, My Warthog joystick and throttle are configured for all four engines using the left and right throttle levers. The left throttle is configured to engine one and three. The right is configured to engines two and four. Again, any ideas. The number one engine is my problem.

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    Ok, I give up, I have tried to figure out why my number one engine has less RPM and power than the other three. It will max out at full throttle but falls off sharply when throttle reduced. The other three are always nearly all the same. Any ideas. I have tried looking at the aircraft.cfg and even the air file. Stumped and need any help.

Thanks, Tom

Addendum, My Warthog joystick and throttle are configured for all four engines using the left and right throttle levers. The left throttle is configured to engine one and three. The right is configured to engines two and four. Again, any ideas. The number one engine is my problem.
    Try just using throttle keystrokes vice your joystick should be F3 increase, F2 decrease, see if they all respond equally. (Check your options keystroke control settings to make sure F3 / F2 are the right ones).

Will do Mike, great idea.

Checked the acceleration with the F3 key. Engine one starts at a lower rpm than the other three. Increase power slowly to maximum. All engines showing 100. Backed off with the F2 key. Engine one went to 52, the two, three and four settling at 74 but were the same. The only engine showing different reading is one. Any other ideas since I seem to be the only one with this problem.

Can I make a suggestion?

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    Having fun with the Jetstar II thanks to all who have worked so hard on its current recreation.

Name:	Camo P3d 1.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	119.4 KB 
ID:	85388 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Camo P3d 2.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	102.3 KB 
ID:	85389

The real thing.

Name:	e9c0e4e13be5bf139018bb6274013e71.jpg 
Size:	121.3 KB 
ID:	85390 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a-left-front-view-of-a-camouflaged-c-140a-jet-star-aircraft-from-the-1866th-c110cc-1600.jpg 
Size:	799.3 KB 
ID:	85391
    Stovall, Can I make a suggestion? try to blur all the exterior textures a bit more and darken them as well, this will bring the repaint closer to what the real pictures show.

BTW great repaint.

Best

Jim

Members who have read this thread: 9