Alabeo C207 Skywagon released.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alabeo C207 Skywagon released.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar

Alabeo C207 Skywagon released.

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Interesting to see that the price goes up with every new release. Within the last three releases they are now almost on level with Carenado.

I liked their initial idea of selling beautiful models without manuals and with the functionality of a FSX default plane for round about 20 bucks.

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Quote Originally Posted by Tim-HH View Post
    Interesting to see that the price goes up with every new release. Within the last three releases they are now almost on level with Carenado.

I liked their initial idea of selling beautiful models without manuals and with the functionality of a FSX default plane for round about 20 bucks.

Greetings
    Tim
    Me Too!!!

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Tim-HH View Post

Greetings
    Tim
    This^

Argh... FS is getting a bit out of hand with pricing imho. I don't buy nearly as much as I used to. They'll have to consider GTN integration to keep customers that previously use or used RXP. For P3D I bought the GTN gauges but only in P3D.... RXP still suite me fine for FSX. I'd like to see more devs doing GTN integrations... it's a powerful gauge.

The other factor is I pay more yet their planes HAVE THE SAME BUGS over and over. Like the silly transponder GTX327 bug - no working 0. Been in like last 4 releases (at Carenado). That upsets me...

At least they still make FSX/P3D installers and don't charge more... (don't get me started on that grrrr)
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

My first Flight in the 207

Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

How is it? Does everything work? I really want this one!!

Don

its the best one From Alabeo Yet
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

At $30, it needs a GTN option. Looks nice, but no go for me.

It's no go for me as well...I'm not sure what happened to the interesting planes they were making, but they've derailed I guess from that philosophy and are on the boring track now...I was really liking the unique aircraft they were putting out at first...and I bought them all, go figure! Now, not. Oh well. We're being buried in Cessna's and derivitive Piper Malibu's!!! LOL. I would love to see their talent get put into something like a whole series of X-planes. X-1E, X-5, X-24B, XF-92A etc. There's an entire world of FS that literally has never been produced for FS, yet no one will touch it for some reason...not sure why...That would be worth $30 in IMHO. If they ever get back to the Aerobatic planes again, I'd be all in for another one of those! Alas, I have complete respect for anyone who's even still making FS aircraft so this isn't to be confused with anything other than my own personal frustrations! LOL. It would be nice to see something other than Cessna's or Pipers come out the door though. That's the beauty of it...if it's not my cup of tea, I don't have to buy it. To each his own! Looks very pretty though as far as the model goes!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Blog Entries
    I can't see paying $30.00 for it either...oh well one man's poison another man's apple pie!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Looks really good, but I'll also definitely pass this one at least for this price. I also like more Alabeo's earlier stuff with interesting and more little known aircraft. Now they seem to produce more or less the same as Carenado or perhaps half a dozen other developers out there. I'm a bit bored of these Cessnas and Pipers which pretty much look the same inside out, fly the same and sound the same, but I'll guess they sell well, because devs are pushing these sort of GA planes year after year to the market. I find for example Alabeo's D17 one beautiful aircraft and would've like to see them pushing more AC from 30's to 40's out: there are so many planes that hasn't been modeled yet and probably many AC that should be redone with a high quality we've seen from Alabeo and at affordable price, of course. But, Alabeo is a business and they are just probably doing planes that bring them most money in, which is completely understandable.

This will be a buy for me mainly because I've been wanting a 207 for years.

One of the annoying facts of life today, everything is priced on an upward spiral.
    I like GA and I like Alabeo, and to be frank I'm really not that concerned at this level of pricing.
    But I certainly will not pay higher numbers for more of the same old same old 'high tech' military subjects, we all have a choice and I happily exercise mine.
    Consider this by way of comparison, three 'PC Magazines' off the shelf at the local vendor total A$30.00, or A$10.00 each if you like.
    One shiny new aircraft from (in this case) Alabeo costs the same.
    QED.
    And a PS: Alabeo are one of the few developers that deliver without 'announcing' a string of subjects to be released at a future date, most of which never reach fruition.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

and I didn't even know the 207 existed... yet another Cessna, no thanks.
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

At least these guys actually release what they say they will, $30 for a decent working model is OK, I have seen some other aircraft that are a pile of crap get sold for $40-60

while I am a fan of Alabeo and have found their work, at least from a visual standpoint, to be exceptional.
    their flight models (at least the ones by BStolle) are really good and the planes were priced just right.
    But I agree with those who say this is just another Cessna and Carenado which I understand is affiliated with Alabeo, was already making the Cessna GA lineup.
    This one will look the same over cowl as every other Cessna - I already have the 206 and the Skyhawk...this is redundant now.
    Alabeo - please leave the Cessna, Piper and Beechcraft common GA to Carenado - and return to the offbeat planes you were making before...
    The Waco, the Aggies, the GeeBee, the Sukoi et al. were popular because they were different from the same ol' same ol'

I personally would like to see an Alabeo Beech 18, or a Boeing Cloudboy, or Edge 540 to go with your Extra 300 and the Sukoi.
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

What are the special features of this plane ?
    Surely it's not just a fat-ass C172, there must be something interesting about it, right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    What are the special features of this plane ?
    Surely it's not just a fat-ass C172, there must be something interesting about it, right ?
    Much as I would normally avoid quoting online sources this sums it up well enough.
    And I'll be up for one, a real 'Bush Plane' it would appear, and not another boring F4/F16/F15 etc..

"The Model 207 was a seven- and later eight-seat development of the 206, achieved by stretching the design further to allow space for more seats. The nose section was extended 18" by adding a constant-section nose baggage compartment between the passenger compartment and the engine firewall; the aft section was extended by 44" by inserting a constant-area section in the fuselage area just aft of the aft wing attach point. Thus the propeller's ground clearance was unaffected by the change (the nosewheel had moved forward the same distance as the propeller), but the tail moved aft relative to the mainwheel position, which made landing (without striking the tailskid on the runway) a greater challenge. The move gave that airplane a larger turning radius, since the distance between mainwheels and nosewheel increased by 18 inches (460 mm) but the nosewheel's maximum allowed deflection was not increased.
    The 207 was introduced as a 1969 model featuring a Continental IO-520-F engine of 300 hp (220 kW). A turbocharged version was equipped with a TSIO-520-G of the same output.[4]
    At the beginning of production the model was called a Cessna 207 “Skywagon”, but in 1977 the name was changed to “Stationair 7”. 1977 also saw a change of engine on the turbocharged version to a Continental TSIO-520-M producing 310 hp (230 kW) – the same engine used in the TU206 of the same vintage.[4]
    The 207 added a seat in 1980 and was then known as the “Stationair 8”. Production of the 207 was completed in 1984, just two years before U206 production halted. A total of 626 Cessna 207s were manufactured.[4]
    The Cessna Model 207 has been popular with air taxi companies, particularly on short runs where its full seating capacity could be used. Very few of these aircraft have seen private use."

Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Wasn't the Cessna 185 taildragger also known as the Skywagon?
    Dave
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Bought it and really like it
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Bought it and really like it
    Tell us more,please!

Flies like it should with the instrumentation appropriate for the type, easy on FPS, behaves as any mini Freight Dog should.

Attachment 13400

Attachment 13401

Attachment 13402

I agree Alabeo is upping the ante with each release and that is unfortunate -- especially for retired folks like me. So, even though I really like the 207, I will wait for either a sale or it's appearance over at Just Flight where I have a bunch of reward points collecting dust. Until then I'll just play with my other toys.
    Racartron
    it means something, but I just can't remember what

Totally agree with what others have stated. With this release Alabeo have definitely entered Carenado airspace. It looks nice and I'm sure it is. I just don't need another Cessna in my hanger.

What I would REALLY like to see is Alabeo or Carenado redo the T34B Mentor. This was one of my favourite aircraft in FS2004 and the early days of FSX. Absolutely loved flying it.
    "There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss"
    — Douglas Adams, 'The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy'

Quote Originally Posted by arrowmaker View Post
    What I would REALLY like to see is Alabeo or Carenado redo the T34B Mentor.
    Carenado has a T34B. I have not purchased because of the surprisingly low quality (for a Carenado) of the VC.

Members who have read this thread: 3