SciFi Game; X3; Terran Conflict

Thread: SciFi Game; X3; Terran Conflict

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!

SciFi Game; X3; Terran Conflict

Hey all,

Well, I have a new game. I was told about it by a friend online. I had been wanting a good SciFi game where I could fly and explore like in FS, but in space. EVE is totally online and I didnt want that, even though it looks amazing. Well, he sent some screenshots over, and I couldnt believe it. Not as nice as EVE, but danged awesome!

So, Ive purchased it. :d Now to learn it all. Seems to be as sophisticated as EVE, with all these things you can do, from trading, to buying ships, shooting at pirates, to being pirates, fighter pilots to cargo pilots, etc. You name it. They have jump gate rings, hyper jumps, total flight control, docking with stations, weapons, etc.

The most awe inspiring part is the planets. I was looking at this one, I think Earth (called Terra in the game) and I realised I could see the clouds moving over the landscape, and here I was in orbit, lololol... Awesome, man! Awesome....

Going through a jump ring was also brilliant. Turned around and went through it again a couple of times. Also awesome....

I have yet to learn alot of the keyboard commands. Just got my Saitek working with it. Looks massively promissing.

Here is a movie on it;
    http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ex...3-terran/49492

Note; the movie has a commercial before it starts...

Note; those asteroids look brilliant! Tons of detail, slowly moving past, rotating.. And it runs smoother then FSX! lol..

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Sure sounds good Bill. Hmmmm, any way to add a working, flyable Firefly(Serenity) to it? That would be awesome.
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
    Sure sounds good Bill. Hmmmm, any way to add a working, flyable Firefly(Serenity) to it? That would be awesome.
    You know, I wouldnt doubt it. I parused some of their addons yesterday evening at their X-world website. They had about 100 'Mods' you can do to the overall program on just one webpage, addons from other people. I did see ships in there. I dont know if they were just modified existing models or totally new models. Man.. If we can make Gmax models for this, I am bolting on some Warp Nacelle engines to the wingtips of the Epic LT and going cruising!!!! :d

Bill

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

SOH-CM-2014
    Note; 'No' VC's. Only HUD view and externals...

and about a zillion commands and options... :isadizzy:

Hey Bill, I have been playing X3 on and off for a year or more, I really like it but I did find the learning curve quite steep, there is a lot to the game, but it does offer a lot. I am about to try as an "Explorer" it looks like an interesting campaign.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by gigabyte View Post
    Hey Bill, I have been playing X3 on and off for a year or more, I really like it but I did find the learning curve quite steep, there is a lot to the game, but it does offer a lot. I am about to try as an "Explorer" it looks like an interesting campaign.
    Hey Mike,

Awesome! Explorer sounds more like my speed. I might be asking for advice on it.

Bill

I watch that and think Battlestar Galactica! Looks awesome!
    Intel I7 8700 16gb DDR4 RAM GTX 1060 3GB with Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Note; 'No' VC's. Only HUD view and externals...

and about a zillion commands and options... :isadizzy:
    http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=104846

X3 Cockpit callback mod! It puts the X2 cockpits into X3 for those who miss a VC :ernae:

Also check out this thread it has a LONG list of scripts and mods, the scope of the X games is staggering somtimes lol!

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=96340
    Live to fly, fly to live. Do or die, ACES HIGH!

CPL(A), Single Pilot Multi-Engine Instrument Rating, tail-wheel, aerobatic, formation
    Category A Flight Instructor with night, aerobatics, spinning, terrain awareness and basic mountain flying endorsements
    General Aviation Flight Examiner
    Chief Flying Instructor for Auckland Aero Club

A few weeks ago I fired up a fresh game of "X3-Reunion". I should have known better with "War In The Pacific AE" version due out at any moment.

Sure enough I was getting back into the depth of X3 and the stunning visuals and WITP-AE went live.

There is far too much brain cell drain having those two mental monsters on the computer at one time.

So if I hurry up, I should finish this first round with WITP-AE in about 2 years or so an then get back to X3.

The reason that I got X3 originally when it came out was that I was looking at Eve and decided that I rather have an off-line space sim to tinker with.

FAC

SOH-CM-2014
    Well FAC257,

Looks like I was snared by the same trap, lol...

eeeks!

Looks like its going to be one awesome sim.. err game.. :d

Thanks WhiteHawk on the correction on VC's. Looking forward to checking it out.

Bill

Holy crap this X3 is hard; did I say it’s hard? Holy crap this isn’t a jump in your craft and kick some ass kind of game, OHHH no.

More along the lines of Privateer. If you want something, you better have a some serious creds and that is also a hard thing to do.

I noticed that you can buy space stations, weapons platforms, carriers with its own fighter wing, or take over your favorite sector and rebuild it all to your liking. Basically anything you see can be yours one way or another.

For the first couple of days I played with the cheat menu, made tons of ships, stations and ect, yet I still have LOTS to learn. That really did help me with a bunch of different aspects of play.

There are also about twenty ships just floating around out there waiting for you to claim them.

Make sure to get out and repair your own damage instead of getting raped at the ship yard.

My USB ports still don’t work, so that means no X-52. But still; the game flies great with the mouse and keyboard.

Overall I give this game two thumbs up.

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    Holy crap this X3 is hard; did I say it’s hard? Holy crap this isn’t a jump in your craft and kick some ass kind of game, OHHH no.

More along the lines of Privateer. If you want something, you better have a some serious creds and that is also a hard thing to do.

I noticed that you can buy space stations, weapons platforms, carriers with its own fighter wing, or take over your favorite sector and rebuild it all to your liking. Basically anything you see can be yours one way or another.

For the first couple of days I played with the cheat menu, made tons of ships, stations and ect, yet I still have LOTS to learn. That really did help me with a bunch of different aspects of play.

There are also about twenty ships just floating around out there waiting for you to claim them.

Make sure to get out and repair your own damage instead of getting raped at the ship yard.

My USB ports still don’t work, so that means no X-52. But still; the game flies great with the mouse and keyboard.

Overall I give this game two thumbs up.

Hey Marlin,

When you say you used the cheats, which ones??? I want this. Also, are you talking the 'Mods' that you install? (I havent installed a single one yet. Also, I am told to install the 'Mods Manager' software first).

Yes.. Very sophisticated game. More like a Universe then a sim. FS on Steroids of Tomorrow...!

How can you claim a ship? Is there a specific way to scan it when you target it?

I love the ATC and the informations systems built into the HUD system. First rate..!

Did you get it working?

Happiness Consultant
    Wrong direction on sci-fi for me ... but the pictures are pretty.

I prefer the medieval sci-fi style. Give me a good sword and a shield and a dungeon full of monsters and loot and I'm there.

And it takes forever to "run" from one adventure to the other ... I have no desire to want to have to "fly" for lightyears from one adventure to another.
    "Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted