Captain Sim sale everything $9.99 24 hrs only
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Captain Sim sale everything $9.99 24 hrs only

Captain Sim sale everything $9.99 24 hrs only Jan-11

Just got the email:

We are pleased to announce that exclusively at Captain Sim online store, from 00:00 to 23:59 11JAN2017 (UTC) everything is $9.99. Visit us at: http://www.captainsim.com
    24 hours only. At 23:59 11JAN2017 (UTC) all prices are back to regular.
    Stay tuned,

Captain Sim News

I posted here so people don't miss.

Thanks - RobM

PS Although note the sale isn't until Jan-11

What is the most recent / best Captain Sim release? (I already have the B-52 and C-130 from them. You may be able to determine from those that I own, I usually go for military aircraft, so that is why I ask the question.) Thanks.
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Any experience/opinions on their Boeing 707-300 base model and follow-on E-3 expansion model?

Screenshots look very nice (as expected).

Just watched a 15 minute cockpit preflight and engine startup video on youtube for the base model. Is there a jump-in-and-go option?

Blimey, their Mig 21 twin seater is still soldering on, that was my first ever payware, and to be honest, still my most enjoyable. the external model still looks good in FSX, but the VC is unusable, might just load it up for old times sake.

cheers ian

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Any experience/opinions on their Boeing 707-300 base model and follow-on E-3 expansion model?

Screenshots look very nice (as expected).

Just watched a 15 minute cockpit preflight and engine startup video on youtube for the base model. Is there a jump-in-and-go option?
    Frank,

I have the base model 707 and it is still quite nice considering it's age. You can do a quick Control+E start up if you like but it seems there were a number of times it was already running when I started the flight (I supposed that might also be dictated by your saved flight & aircraft state of that saved flight). The model is very stable, handles very well, a joy to fly by hand. The sound file is excellent as well.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    I own the C-130 & all variants for FS9, plus the F-104, B707, and that MiG-21UM spoken of earlier. All are excellent, so good I am thinking about purchasing the C-130 for FSX and installing it there as well.

B707 is a good job, detailed enough it doesn't overwhelm you with systems management problems, yet still allows a detailed-enough startup from cold & dark. Plenty of textures to choose from, too.

You've got to pick your way carefully through the installation procedures when you install and start first time. Also, their tech. assistance takes some slow and careful reading in order for you to understand it. I've always gotten an answer, though it may take some time.

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Frank,

I have the base model 707 and it is still quite nice considering it's age. You can do a quick Control+E start up if you like but it seems there were a number of times it was already running when I started the flight (I supposed that might also be dictated by your saved flight & aircraft state of that saved flight). The model is very stable, handles very well, a joy to fly by hand. The sound file is excellent as well.
    Thanks for the reply. I downloaded the free demo. Visually all is very nice but I'm getting flashing as I look around the cockpit in all directions so that might mean a game ender. Quel dommage.

Has CS released new panel for C-130J?

Am finally going to pick up the 777.
    Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

I picked up a few aircraft during their last €9.99 EUR sale. I got the 707, 727, 767, 777. I haven't flown the 767 or 777 much, but quite often fly the 707 and 727. They are both excellent simulations.

The 777 has some nice features, and while probably not modelled to the standard of the PMDG 777, it is damn close, so at $100 less, it makes a fine simulation also.

I also bought their B-52 and C-130 previous to this, and I have to say I am a fan of all of their aircraft.

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Has anyone tried the C-130 in P3D?

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    From memory I have and it worked fine. I will install it tonight and confirm.

You just need to have the FSX.EXE and/or FS9.EXE present in the P3D folder for the installer to work. Not sure why the FS9.EXE, but I remember that was a prerequisite for the installer to install in to the P3D folder. You can just copy the one from FSX or FSX:SE if you have it installed, or worst case, just temporarily making a faux exe should work. Just create a new text file, and rename it FS9.EXE.

Edit:

Yep. Works fine. (P3D V3.4.9)

Cheers,
    Last edited by scotth6; January 10th, 2017 at 00:14.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

I was reading on their forums a while back with their recent installers if you buy a fsx addon that is also available for p3d you wont be able to drag it over at a later date, there is something in the coding that rejects p3d

how true im not sure, just a thought before buying something

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    No problems at all Dave.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

I have tried to install the C 130 in P3D
    I have the FSX.exe in the P3D root folder
    When I browse to P3d folder the "OK" in the installer is still grayed out

How did you get it to install?
    Thanks
    Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Interested to hear if anyone has merged the 767 or 777 vc with the SkySpirit (POSKY) models with success, and whether these are better than the alternatives (767 - 757 Fremmium; 777 - default in FS9 model; it's a port but a cracker of a vc).
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    I have their L-1011, 727, 707, 777 and B-52. The B-52 is extremely well done and very nicely detailed. If you are at all interested in this bomber, get this, you won't be disappointed but make sure you read the docs especially the start up. I love the 707 in FSX but don't fly it much as I mostly use P3D. Will try in install in P3D tonight following the suggestions here.

Captain Sim makes some really nice aircraft. Wish they were still bringing new ones out.

Quote Originally Posted by papab View Post

Thanks
    Rick
    I only got it to work when I put a FS9.exe file in the P3D root folder. Then it worked perfectly.
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Quote Originally Posted by papab View Post

Thanks
    Rick
    Hi Rick,

For some reason I'm pretty sure you need the FS9.exe file present in the P3D root folder also. See my post #12 above:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1061230

Cheers,

I might be missing it but I don't see the 707 on sale anywhere.

SOH-CM-2018
    Quote Originally Posted by mal998 View Post
    I might be missing it but I don't see the 707 on sale anywhere.
    The sale is only tomorrow and will most likely only be on the captain sim web site.

00:00 to 23:59 11JAN2017 (UTC)

It IS available Mal.. just had a look. 707 Captain.. which generally means you have a base model and have to buy the variations. Had the Legendary 707 (FS9 version) which was a lovely model but very heavy on system resources. Better when I oiked the VC out. Custom code for the AP meant it couldn't fly an FS generated flightplan using all three AP channels which was the main reason I ended up not flying it much.

ATB
    DaveB

I got it to fly an AP/GPS route in FSX with no problems with a few simple obvious mods. The 707 and 727 are in a class of their own + highly recommended.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

The reason I don't see ANY thing on sale is that the sale is for tomorrow only, right?

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    I got it to fly an AP/GPS route in FSX with no problems with a few simple obvious mods. The 707 and 727 are in a class of their own + highly recommended.
    I never went for the FSX version. There was much boo-hoo'ing on the CS forums at the time resulting in the usual 'dismissals'. CS were willing to support the CIVA INS but nothing else. A lovely model for sure.

Re the sale.. when I looked yesterday, a lot was already showing money off but yes.. the $9.99 sale is from tomorrow.
    ATB
    DaveB

Members who have read this thread: 0