Screenshots - Page 50
Page 50 of 269 FirstFirst ... 40424344454647484950515253545556575860100150 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 6713

Thread: Screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by RichardLouis View Post

How do you take screenshots like that ? would like to know
    MB Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master CPU i7 12700K @4.6 GHz GPU Gigabyte RTX 3080ti Cooler Noctua NH-U15 with 2 fans RAM 32MB Corsair DDR5 Vengeance 5200MHz Power Supply Corsair HX1000 Watt Case Thermaltake level 20 xt Windows 11 64 bit Thrustmaster HOTAS warthog stick and throttle Thrustmaster TPR pendular rudder pedals

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Absolutely incredible screenshots, Richard, all of them! I especially like the Stearmans in the snow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    Richard - go outta here! You will cause a lot of depressions by a lot of flightsimmers who want to show their screenshots here. This is hardly unfair competition!

You can amend the wrong by creating a tutorial for this hot stuff.
    (The heck with it, he is simply an artist...)
    Thanks to you for your enthusiasm. I'm happy that the screenshots please you.
    Be assured Manschy that I am not the devil. It's just the pleasure of sharing a passion.
    It must be recognized that one of the strengths of MSFS is to have the drone camera mode.
    It is a fantastic tool for taking captures.
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by musterpilot View Post
    How do you take screenshots like that ? would like to know
    For these screenshots, I took the XCub and Fly Tampa-Vegas scenery.
    Fly over the strip at low altitude, pause MSFS and with the drone camera I "walked" along the Strip. The zoom "+" or zoom "-" allows you to focus on a point of interest.

Richard

Arches NP

Some points of interest :
    Park Avenue, Three Gossips, The Organ, Tower of Babel

Parade of Elephants, Double Arch, Turret Arch, North and South Windows

Delicate Arch

Petrified Dunes

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Near San Diego, CA
    Untitled-8 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Near Minneapolis, MN (KFCM)
    snowyfcm4 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Near Hoquiam, WA
    Untitled-15 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Near the Bahamas
    Untitled-10 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Near St. Paul, MN
    Untitled-9 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Ryan, Jankees, Noddy, August and Richard, it is always a pleasure seeing your screenshots!

Loving yours too, John! Four weeks in, I didn't think I would be having so much fun with this flight sim.

August

Quote Originally Posted by noddy View Post

jet
    That is one ugly jet lol! But your screenshots are very lovely!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Many thanks.

Nit a looker that for sure, however it is beautifully modeled.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Ryan, Jankees, Noddy, August and Richard, it is always a pleasure seeing your screenshots!

Thanks John, this kind of little note is a pleasure to read.
    Your screenshots are also greatly appreciated.
    Like you, I have a lot of fun reading this section.
    It is a great source of inspiration that allows us to improve ourselves every day.
    Richard

Some Florida flying - I needed to go where there is no snow, or cold.

A Visit to Old Wright Field

There are a number of deactivated airports that you can't select as a departure or arrival point in FS2020, but they still exist on the map, so you can fly over to them, land and take off. One such is the old Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, formerly called Wright Field, home of the National Museum of the USAF. A new, northern section of the base ("Area A") was built in the 1950s and is still active, and can be selected as an airport. To get to the old, closed-down base ("Area B"), you can take off from KFFO, fly over Huffman Prairie, where the Wright Brothers did their flying after they developed airplanes that didn't require the special conditions of Kitty Hawk, North Carolina, to get airborne and worked out many of the important problems of making practical airplanes, and then you are over Wright Field.

This is a photogrammetry area, so the NMUSAF buildings are represented, but a bit crudely, not as if they were done by hand or autogen. The large aircraft displayed outdoors are rendered as if they were buildings, with the T-tails of the large transports having "walls" that cascade to the ground. Still, it doesn't look too bad. The scenery was captured when the fourth NMUSAF museum building, the R&D/Space/Presidential display hall, was being built, so the sim shows a construction site where there has been a new building since 2015.

I lined up on the largest of the decommissioned runways. It was reasonably smooth and flat but I think the sim treats it as unimproved ground, so I'd be cautious about landing a delicate jet fighter on it. Maybe later I'll give that a try. As I landed, I noticed some stuff on the ground to the right of the runway, and wondered, what's that?

I took off again and flew over it, and it turned out that the scenery used in MSFS was captured during one of the museum's Dawn Patrol Rendezvous events, where they invite replica World War I aircraft to fly from the field. There was crude photogrammetry of tents, cars and trailers, and you can sort of make out the replica airplanes on the ground. Also, there was a clearly chalked temporary runway marked out on the turf infield.

The temporary turf runway isn't very long, but you can easily plop a Stearman or a WWI scout down on it. They should have trimmed the grass a little better though!

Sadly, this scenery with the Dawn Patrol event is likely to be erased in some future scenery update to the sim. I plan to enjoy it while it lasts!

August

Quote Originally Posted by K5083 View Post
    There are a number of deactivated airports that you can't select as a departure or arrival point in FS2020, but they still exist on the map, so you can fly over to them, land and take off. One such is the old Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, formerly called Wright Field, home of the National Museum of the USAF. A new, northern section of the base ("Area A") was built in the 1950s and is still active, and can be selected as an airport. To get to the old, closed-down base ("Area B"), you can take off from KFFO, fly over Huffman Prairie, where the Wright Brothers did their flying after they developed airplanes that didn't require the special conditions of Kitty Hawk, North Carolina, to get airborne and worked out many of the important problems of making practical airplanes, and then you are over Wright Field.

This is a photogrammetry area, so the NMUSAF buildings are represented, but a bit crudely, not as if they were done by hand or autogen. The large aircraft displayed outdoors are rendered as if they were buildings, with the T-tails of the large transports having "walls" that cascade to the ground. Still, it doesn't look too bad. The scenery was captured when the fourth NMUSAF museum building, the R&D/Space/Presidential display hall, was being built, so the sim shows a construction site where there has been a new building since 2015.

I lined up on the largest of the decommissioned runways. It was reasonably smooth and flat but I think the sim treats it as unimproved ground, so I'd be cautious about landing a delicate jet fighter on it. Maybe later I'll give that a try. As I landed, I noticed some stuff on the ground to the right of the runway, and wondered, what's that?

I took off again and flew over it, and it turned out that the scenery used in MSFS was captured during one of the museum's Dawn Patrol Rendezvous events, where they invite replica World War I aircraft to fly from the field. There was crude photogrammetry of tents, cars and trailers, and you can sort of make out the replica airplanes on the ground. Also, there was a clearly chalked temporary runway marked out on the turf infield.

The temporary turf runway isn't very long, but you can easily plop a Stearman or a WWI scout down on it. They should have trimmed the grass a little better though!

Sadly, this scenery with the Dawn Patrol event is likely to be erased in some future scenery update to the sim. I plan to enjoy it while it lasts!

August
    I just flew over that, after seeing your post. That is cool! NC

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Members who have read this thread: 347