P3D/P4D screenshots redux...oops! - Page 51
Page 51 of 79 FirstFirst ... 41434445464748495051525354555657585961 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1959

Thread: P3D/P4D screenshots redux...oops!

Quote Originally Posted by Butcherbird17 View Post
    Coming out of the paintshop. Enterprise and North Carolina.

Iowa with Enterprise and N. Carolina in the background.

Saratoga.

And a couple of the old Battlewagons, New York and Texas.

Joe
    These are absolutely stunning models and these repaints look brilliant! But I've spent two days trying to add bow waves; all looks great when the ships are moving but I can't get a visibility condition to prevent them showing when the the ship is stationary. Which fx files are you using??

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by DaveQ View Post
    These are absolutely stunning models and these repaints look brilliant! But I've spent two days trying to add bow waves; all looks great when the ships are moving but I can't get a visibility condition to prevent them showing when the the ship is stationary. Which fx files are you using?? DaveQ
    Dave,
    The effect I'm using for the Bow is fx_wake_bow_Zu. I don't know if it is a stock file or an add-on. The effect is visible when the ship is stationary which is a bummer.
    I know Deltasim uses some sort of gauge effect on his King George V for the bow that works with movement/speed of the ship. But that is player model and don't know
    if it would work on AI. Maybe talk to Rob (rcbarend) and see if he has one or could make one for AI.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Dave,
    The effect I'm using for the Bow is fx_wake_bow_Zu. I don't know if it is a stock file or an add-on. The effect is visible when the ship is stationary which is a bummer.
    I know Deltasim uses some sort of gauge effect on his King George V for the bow that works with movement/speed of the ship. But that is player model and don't know
    if it would work on AI. Maybe talk to Rob (rcbarend) and see if he has one or could make one for AI.

Joe
    Depending on how you're adding the effect it just needs a visibility condition that only displays it above a speed of ~5knots.

Quote Originally Posted by SkippyBing View Post
    Depending on how you're adding the effect it just needs a visibility condition that only displays it above a speed of ~5knots.
    Just tested out the visibility condition and changed it in MCX and it works. The part I need to figure out is to get it displaying above 5 knots or lower. Right now as soon as the ship starts to move
    it pops up. The only side effect is once you stop forward movement the effect stays visible.

Dave,

Here is how to do it. Once you have added the effect make sure to export the model, then reload it. Then open the Hierarchy Editor, click on the AttachedEffect for the Bow. To the right click on
    the Visibility Condition and scroll down to "Forward Movement Visibility" and set it. Export the model.

I also changed the effect to the Deltasim KGV spray which is nice as it is effected by the movement of the waves.

Not moving....

Moving....

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD

Destroyers

Did the destroyer shown come from those in the "Langley" download?

Regards,

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Gold View Post
    Did the destroyer shown come from those in the "Langley" download?
    Regards, Bill
    Look for SimOuthouse_USS_CV-41_Midway_1950.zip in the library.

Joe

Not my usual type but this Lear is better than I expected and is getting quite a lot of air time.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Just tested out the visibility condition and changed it in MCX and it works. The part I need to figure out is to get it displaying above 5 knots or lower. Right now as soon as the ship starts to move
    it pops up. The only side effect is once you stop forward movement the effect stays visible.

Dave,

Here is how to do it. Once you have added the effect make sure to export the model, then reload it. Then open the Hierarchy Editor, click on the AttachedEffect for the Bow. To the right click on
    the Visibility Condition and scroll down to "Forward Movement Visibility" and set it. Export the model.

I also changed the effect to the Deltasim KGV spray which is nice as it is effected by the movement of the waves.

Joe
    Many thanks Joe. My first try was with forward movement visibility - didn't work (or so it appeared). Eventually 'stole' some XML code from a modeldef file that worked. I started experimenting in FSX and the problem was more about FSX not displaying as it should in spot view; in P3D it all works fine. I think...!

But they're really lovely boats and look spectacular with bow waves, smoke and wake.

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

A question: Are these ships objects that you have to manually place in scenery, or are they in a installer package that automatically does so? Thanks, NC

Many thanks Joe. My first try was with forward movement visibility - didn't work (or so it appeared). Eventually 'stole' some XML code from a modeldef file that worked. I started experimenting in FSX and the problem was more about FSX not displaying as it should in spot view; in P3D it all works fine. I think...!

But they're really lovely boats and look spectacular with bow waves, smoke and wake.

DaveQ

Flight over Qatar

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails QTAR1.jpg   QTAR2.jpg   QTAR3.jpg   QTAR4.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    A question: Are these ships objects that you have to manually place in scenery, or are they in a installer package that automatically does so? Thanks, NC
    These are AI boats placed in Simobjects/Boats. I use them with 'aicarriers', don't know of any other apps for using AI boats but I guess there may be. I would imagine they could be converted to .bgl objects to place in scenery but they're typically very big models (>10Mb).

DaveQ

Joe - if you're still bugged by the wake visibility starting straight away, try adding this visibility condition to the end of the main modeldef file

<PartInfo>
    <Name>custom_vis_AIRSPEED_TRUE_20</Name>
    <Visibility>
    <Parameter>
    <Code>
    (A:AIRSPEED TRUE,knots) 20 &gt; if{ 1 } els{ 0 }

</Code>
    </Parameter>
    </Visibility>
    </PartInfo>

The ship will not show wake until it exceeds 20 knots. You can alter the speed figure if you want to suit. Then make it the vis. con. for the wake effects.

KMS Bismarck at speed; wake is fx_wake_bow_zu.

DaveQ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bismarck 1.jpg  

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    The Flight 1 C421 was my first payware aircraft for FS, we've come a long way since:

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Joe - if you're still bugged by the wake visibility starting straight away, try adding this visibility condition to the end of the main modeldef file.

<PartInfo>
    <Name>custom_vis_AIRSPEED_TRUE_20</Name>
    <Visibility>
    <Parameter>
    <Code>
    (A:AIRSPEED TRUE,knots) 20 &gt; if{ 1 } els{ 0 }
    </Code>
    </Parameter>
    </Visibility>
    </PartInfo>

The ship will not show wake until it exceeds 20 knots. You can alter the speed figure if you want to suit. Then make it the vis. con. for the wake effects.
    KMS Bismarck at speed; wake is fx_wake_bow_zu.
    DaveQ
    Thanks for that Dave. Worked like a charm. I did change to 10knt visibility as I also change the speed from 50 down to 30 in the sim.cfg and when it was
    set at 20knt would not show at all. This should also work with the smoke effect. Even better with ships that have 2 or more funnels.

Arizona & Pennsylvania

Joe

Servicing Ant's Airplanes Tiger Moth Pro. Repaint by erican2.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-12-15_13-1-7-671.jpg  
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Magic stuff still!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Ferry, you're making me dizzy!

2019-12-18_22-50-4-581

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

About time Gunnar you posted some images of your work in 64bit here

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    About time Gunnar you posted some images of your work in 64bit here
    Thanks Matt!

A few more C-47. Sadly the original OY-BPB was permanently grounded a few weeks ago.

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

Members who have read this thread: 51