Some new Bf 109Fs for the Channel Front - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Some new Bf 109Fs for the Channel Front

Are these up Nigel?

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Wow ! Nice work on the Spitfires.Would love to have them,(especially since i don't use AnKor's shaders for the new ones).You always do fantastic work ! You are the Master ! What would we do without you ! Hope you release them. With the new and improved air files i'd bet they are a blast. Beautiful pics... Regards,Scott Don't mean to hijack post...Really like the Bf-109F's.
    Last edited by sixstrings5859; August 15th, 2019 at 18:18.

What? Some cheeky Spitfires hanging around as if they own the airspace? That won't do. HORRIDO!

None of these have been uploaded, for a number of reasons. With the Mks.I and II, it's simple - the model is payware. It's the JF/AH Spitfire, which is one of the Zuyax/3 Aces family with the Mks.V, IX and XIV. I've used the new cockpit from the Mk.IX, which you will already have if you've downloaded the later versions we uploaded recently. I've got about 25 aircraft or so based on the JF/AH model, which of course has been tweaked. Some skins will not work on an untweaked model, as early Spitfires had the undersides painted either fully or partically in Aluminium.

You can see the result on this development version, but it won't work on the ordinary model as it stands. And no, I don't think it's all right to upload the model anyway...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shot06-12-19-12-15-26.jpg  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

I didn't spend hours painting that Spitfire only for you blasted Huns to vandalise it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Blog Entries
    Darn it ! So nice but far away ! Oh well,looks like we must wait for the new Spits. Nice work anyway. Nice work Nigel,you are one of the best out there. Have the JF Spitfire package and still love them after all these years. Have them with the CD box along with the JF BoB CD addon too. Great stuff when they came out. Regards,Scott

Quote Originally Posted by ndicki View Post
    None of these have been uploaded, for a number of reasons. With the Mks.I and II, it's simple - the model is payware. It's the JF/AH Spitfire, which is one of the Zuyax/3 Aces family with the Mks.V, IX and XIV. I've used the new cockpit from the Mk.IX, which you will already have if you've downloaded the later versions we uploaded recently. I've got about 25 aircraft or so based on the JF/AH model, which of course has been tweaked. Some skins will not work on an untweaked model, as early Spitfires had the undersides painted either fully or partically in Aluminium.

You can see the result on this development version, but it won't work on the ordinary model as it stands. And no, I don't think it's all right to upload the model anyway...
    Intersting. I have the Mk1a JF's but are these separate payware from the JF BOF/BoB install?

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Blog Entries
    There is a Spitfire package by Just Flight that is separate from the BoB expansion. It was for FS 2004/2002/CFS3/CFS2.Came with 2 CD's and a really good manual. Bought it years ago and don't know if it is still available. Maybe you could find it on Ebay or something. Regards,Scott

Blog Entries
    Seems that Just Flight still has the boxed set at around $30.00. A little much for some old models but there it is.

Blog Entries
    Great shot greycap ! Can't wait for these Bf-109F's ! Putting a Spitfire in it's place.Fighting low too ! Hahaha!

SOH-CM-2020
    Hi Ndicki, are you planning to upload the skins (not the models) for these loverly Spits?

Thanks Rene! Can't wait till I get home to try them out!

Downloading now, many thanks!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Thank you!

Cees

Blog Entries
    Got them installed and flew some QC. Lovely skins ! You are fantastic! Thank you so very much ! Reignited my love for the Bf109F. My favorite 109 by far. Regards,Scott

If you've noticed that while you're in the cockpit your stick in semi-transparent when using AnKor's Shaders it's because the white part of the Alpha Layer in dr_bf109f_vc04.dds is set to 98% instead of 100%. Pretty easy to fix if you have a dds file editor.

I've also noticed that in the outside view the front part of the cockpit glazing appears to not be modeled as a surface. The hinged portion and the small fixed bit at the rear are there and reflect as they should but there's nothing there to glint off off in the front.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    I've also noticed that in the outside view the front part of the cockpit glazing appears to not be modeled as a surface. The hinged portion and the small fixed bit at the rear are there and reflect as they should but there's nothing there to glint off off in the front.
    That's down to whoever made the conversion from the Bf 109E in the first place. There physically isn't any glass there - I went as far as to turn every part of the aircraft matte black when looking for the material entry for it but nope, it doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by greycap.raf View Post
    That's down to whoever made the conversion from the Bf 109E in the first place. There physically isn't any glass there - I went as far as to turn every part of the aircraft matte black when looking for the material entry for it but nope, it doesn't exist.
    I did something similar myself. I can see a line in the m3d that should be the right one for the texture assignment, but evidently it's not associated with any surfaces.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

The model conversion was done by Luca, back in the MAW development days, I don't know if he still has the source, or if anybody else has it. I know I don't.
    Original MAW Bf 109E model was made by the late Gerard van der Harst, who handed it to Mathias Pommerien, he then finally handed it to Luca Festari, Luca also made the v.pit. The Bf 109F conversion had extra work done by Tom Faulds, and Rob Stevenson, all textures were done by me. It's had an eventful journey in it's time! It's the only Bf 109E/F I would ever use in CFS3 no other models come anywhere near!

I've never seen that transparent stick Andy, strange one?

Oh nearly forgot, thanks for uploading Rene!
    Last edited by Bravo/4; August 20th, 2019 at 15:50.
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

SOH-CM-2020
    Thank you for the loverly new examples, Greycap.raf! Makes a campaign in the neglected 1941-42 period much more interesting.

SOH-CM-2020

Missing tracers

Am putting together a channel 1941 campaign using the loverly new Bf 109 F models, the SJ Fw 190 early models, and Nigel's latest Spitfire MkVb.

I've noticed that the F3 Priller version is missing tracer for the nose cannon. Not a biggie at all! A few of the aircraft are missing a "recon" missiontype. I've been resurrecting this missiontype in campaigns since correcting the fault in the spawn files.

I also cannot find the gunsight "revi_c12d_gunsightFW190A" for the 190s. But this is probably the wrong thread to mention this.

Hopefully I can get the campaign up and running soon. Thanks for all the great new birds!

Blog Entries
    The F1 and F3 do not have cannon tracers as designed. The readme states this fact. Did not know myself till i read it. Hope this helps. Not sure about the Fw-190 gunsight though.

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by sixstrings5859 View Post
    The F1 and F3 do not have cannon tracers as designed. The readme states this fact. Did not know myself till i read it. Hope this helps. Not sure about the Fw-190 gunsight though.
    Aha! Well that explains it

Those tracers are indeed missing for a reason. The normal MG FF cannon was capable of firing a variety of different ammunition, one of them being tracers but when modified to the MG FF/M version to allow the use of the Minengeschoss high explosive rounds it lost the ability to fire the normal MG FF rounds. Adding to that, the Minengeschoss couldn't be fitted with a tracer component so the result is no cannon tracers for those two aircraft. Later on there were different rounds available but they reduced the performance back to the level of the MG FF and I wanted to get the full benefit of the higher muzzle velocity and firing rate of the MG FF/M.

The dynamic gunsight, that's really a bit of a bonus feature if you have the Fw 190A series installed. If you don't, it'll revert back to the normal fixed gunsight texture.

Members who have read this thread: 0