Firehawk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Firehawk

Firehawk

The new mod of the Cerasim Blackhawk is near completion, with the help of Jeremy Ulloa (textures) and Eduardo Mansilla (animations)

Well forget my bambi bucket sling request, that is very cool!
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Looks Great , cant wait

Bill

Didn't quite escape.
    Nice work!

Ian P.

Firehawk - interior

Very nice detail on the exterior Firehawk.
    The interior looks a little bare..?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Firehawk.jpg  

The original Blachawk is full of weapons and soldiers, not very adequate for a civilian helicopter

yes thats right,but when used for fire fighting,well the new Cal Fire fire hawks ,should have crew seats as they carry a crew of groundpounders to build line .called a "Helitack " crew.i dont know if LA county or San Diego counties have helitack crews,but cal fire will (or do currently) and the contract for the 11 new ones call for crew capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    yes thats right,but when used for fire fighting,well the new Cal Fire fire hawks ,should have crew seats as they carry a crew of groundpounders to build line .called a "Helitack " crew.i dont know if LA county or San Diego counties have helitack crews,but cal fire will (or do currently) and the contract for the 11 new ones call for crew capabilities.
    The design of a new interior, with specific crew, is not in my plans, at this moment. By the moment, I will go on with the Seahawk mods. There is a lot of work with this project, and many bugs to correct

pilot seats..?

I was just hoping for pilot seats...hard to hold the cyclic on your knees....

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    I was just hoping for pilot seats...hard to hold the cyclic on your knees....
    I have tried to upload a fix here at SOH, but the server says the file is too large (?). So, here is the link for the fix.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IP...86S9e8FeHGBZAg

Quote Originally Posted by jagl04 View Post
    I have tried to upload a fix here at SOH, but the server says the file is too large (?). So, here is the link for the fix.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IP...86S9e8FeHGBZAg

Thank you..!

Landing Light

A landing light always works well as a search light...

Code:
    light.5 = 5, 13.50, 0.00, -2.70, fx_Shockwave_landing_light
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Landing light.jpg  

The design of a new interior, with specific crew, is not in my plans, at this moment. By the moment, I will go on with the Seahawk mods. There is a lot of work with this project, and many bugs to correct
    yes sir,i understand..i was just sayin...

What if a water control system really worked....

What if a good gauge developer could make a water control gauge with associated logic.
    The screen shot shows a derivation of the CL415 V3 water bomber control which is not made for helicopters
    and gives confused operations. (The two animations do happen)

-Make each animation separate.
    -Make the hose extension and water pumping/dumping separate.
    -What if the water hose intake could not pump water unless the intake was in the water..? (radio altimeter data?)
    -To fill tanks would take a certain amount of time and levels would be shown
    -You can't dump water unless you have something in the tank.
    -Length of dump would be based on water quantity in tank.

I know there are fire missions out there but am clueless.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What if.jpg  

Smashing news!
    Regarding the fire gauge, I (as an happy customer) suggest the FireFighterX addon which meets all the requirements you have given.

Quote Originally Posted by Kekelekou View Post
    Smashing news!
    Regarding the fire gauge, I (as an happy customer) suggest the FireFighterX addon which meets all the requirements you have given.
    Certainly the level of realism is high, but I did not see the interaction for where the pilot needs to perform certain action to get water.
    I did watch the bambi bucket video, but did not see the pilot controlling the drop.

I would think the Firehawk and Erickson Aircrane might benefit from such a gauge.

You have to fly below a certain radar altitude for long enough to have the tanks filled. The scooping height and duration are both settable.
    The object release button (Shift D by default) is used to drop the load.

For land-based tankers, you have to roll close enough to a filling station, and cut/reduce power to start the refilling process.

More details in the manual available here : http://www.lorby-si.com/uploads/6/0/...umentation.pdf
    FFX website : https://firefighterx.weebly.com/

A landing light always works well as a search light...

Code:
    light.5 = 5, 13.50, 0.00, -2.70, fx_Shockwave_landing_light
    Great idea. Added to the model for future versions

External Lights

The Firehawk external lights seem inoperative...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Firehawk Lights.jpg  

Fire drop system gauge for choppers

Hallo Friends,

the original S-64 Erickson Skycrane done by Jordan Moore (for FS2004) contains
    the well known hovercontroll gauge and also a gauge that allows to drop and to
    pump again water into the tanks. these system gauge are also incorporated in the specific
    panel I did for this bird.
    The two different snorkels for sea skoping and for land refill are operated via the door controls.
    All works ver well in FS2004.
    For FSX I do not know as I do not have it nore the cerasim choppers.
    Yours
    Papi

Quote Originally Posted by michaelvader View Post
    Hallo Friends,

the original S-64 Erickson Skycrane done by Jordan Moore (for FS2004) contains
    the well known hovercontroll gauge and also a gauge that allows to drop and to
    pump again water into the tanks. these system gauge are also incorporated in the specific
    panel I did for this bird.
    The two different snorkels for sea skoping and for land refill are operated via the door controls.
    All works ver well in FS2004.
    For FSX I do not know as I do not have it nore the cerasim choppers.
    Yours
    Papi
    Thank you. I'd forgotten all about those early birds.

Mistaken

The Firehawk external lights seem inoperative...
    I was wrong about the external lights, they do work, pilot error...

EDIT: Does anyone else find it hit or miss if they work..? With the Blackhawk, no problems.
    Last edited by Seahawk72s; June 15th, 2018 at 08:56.

I have tried to upload a fix here at SOH, but the server says the file is too large (?).
    Just happened to be looking over the thread and saw this. I have had the same message on occasions when uploading scenery. The message normally is given when the image you upload for the file is too large. . .so it's not the actual downloadable file, but the image you included. If you reduce the size of that, it would probably accept it.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

there are a couple new articles on fireavation.com about tanked helicopters,a 2500 gallon internal tank for the CH-47 helicopters,billings helicopter will be using it this season.and an 850-1000 gallon internal tank for the firehawk.this is awesome news for fire fighting aircraft,and more importantly for fire fighters.

additional lights

Narrow landing lights added.

Code:
    light.7 = 6, 8.50,  3.50, -1.75,  fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow_down_45,  
    light.8 = 6, 8.50,  -3.50, -1.75,  fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow_down_45,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Taxi.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 3