B-50 FSX graphics issues - test version
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: B-50 FSX graphics issues - test version

B-50 FSX graphics issues - test version

This is addressed only to those of you who have experienced muddled-up graphics or missing parts. I have looked at all the pics and what a killjoy they are. Unfortunately, so far I haven't the slightest clue as to whether it's due to: fsx version, scenery complexity (orbx), dx9 or 10, unupdated shaders, duration of flight, the combined p3d/fsx functionality, the gauge sim_b50, or any combination of these. What's worse, I have been unable to replicate any of the artefacts reported.

So I'll give you a whittled-down version for test purposes only, without any of the p3d functionality, and omitting also the combined nose and long-range setups. It's here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/twwjlcsbno..._TEST.zip?dl=0

I have included a TEST texture set (red tail), a TEST model folder, and a TEST panel folder, all adressed in the aircraft.cfg. Please install all, making a backup copy of your current aircraft.cfg

Please try the model without using any of the tweaks, merges etc that have been posted here and elsewhere. Because the model references the separate TEST panel and model folders you can basically leave your setup as is. Only don't import any of your tweaks into those TEST folders.

If this model works without artefacts we can begin to re-refine it step by step. If it fails ...

Anyway, give it a try. I am very interested in what you'll get.

-- Manfred

Hi Manfred! I have the test B-50 installed and I noticed I have the same lack of glass showing that I had with Milton Shupe's A-20G. I'm running FSX Standard Edition with SP1 and SP2 installed. I'm fairly sure this is my Sim's problem and not your aircraft. I solved the A-20G problem by using the FS9 version. The lack of glass was the same on your original model and textures.

Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Yes, Unfortunately for me, this Sim_B50 file into anomaly!
    When deleted then all ok!
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

@Zippy: okay I see the glass issue. Anyone else have this issue? How about the VC wing views that you reported as missing earlier?

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    Yes, Unfortunately for me, this Sim_B50 file into anomaly!
    When deleted then all ok!
    Sorry, did you actually try this TEST model, and did it show up as scrambled as it did before?

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post
    @Zippy: okay I see the glass issue. Anyone else have this issue? How about the VC wing views that you reported as missing earlier?

Sorry, did you actually try this TEST model, and did it show up as scrambled as it did before?
    Yes, I try the tes model
    the model fell apart...
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Yes, I also saw no wing when looking out the VC window to the left from the pilot's seat.

I found it much easier to just create a new B-50 test folder to put all of the other test folders into plus the .air file and then modify the aircraft.cfg to show only the test model.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Ouch that hurts.

Edit, Zippy can you post a screenshot of the Monitor > Test window?

Also, does anything improve when you disable gauge51 (sim_B50) in panel.cfg?

Thanks.

Manfred...I had the same anomalies as Zolt.....tried the Test files.....still the same graphical problems. I have, however, been using the aircraft for a couple of flights including a 2+ hour jaunt up the Australian West coast. I used the C-97 panel, the C-97 vc files in the B-50 "texture" folder, and the C-97 eyepoint. I have no graphical anomalies with that setup, at least none have forced themselves to my attention. To me, the graphical problems some of us have with the B-50 relate solely to something which is still in the B-50 panel.
    Terry

Edit, Zippy can you post a screenshot of the Monitor > Test window?

Also, does anything improve when you disable gauge51 (sim_B50) in panel.cfg?

Thanks.
    I disabled gauge51 in the panel.cfg Here is the screenshot. Nothing happens when clicking on anything in the "test" portion of the Monitor.

Manfred, not meaning to muddy up the waters, but hopefully provide more info: I tried the test files in FSX-A the left wing is visible in vc, looks fine, exterior is ok EXCEPT, all glass is black and the tires&wheels are black. Inside, the guages work fine, however, the panel texture is missing. These conditions ONLY exist in your test files. The normal download files work excellent except the left wing view is missing. Otherwise works grand. Terry

And with my lack of glass/plexiglass domes, etc isn't with the glass.dds or any of those other .dds files in the texture folder but rather with the model itself. I have your other great aircraft like the C-47, both v.2 and v.3.14 and also the C-97 tanker version, which all show fine. Very confusing!

Most confusing indeed. Doesn't even look as if there is a common denominator anywhere to be seen.

You guys all on dx9? No one on dx10 preview mode or using Steve's scenery fixer?

No dx10 for me. Your C-97, C-47 series and the B-50 work as advertised, except the missing left wing texture out the vc in the B-50. All others, flawless.

DX9 for me only! No DX10 for my rubber-band-powered computer!

Using DX9.
    Terry

Hmmm, the plot thickens .... have you turned "Aircraft casts shadow on ground" ON or OFF? And if you turn it ON, does it make any difference?

Anyone willing to turn dx10 preview on and see if that helps any? (apart from killing the rest of your fleet ...

Most confusing indeed. Doesn't even look as if there is a common denominator anywhere to be seen.

You guys all on dx9? No one on dx10 preview mode or using Steve's scenery fixer?
    Hi Manfred, I'm using Dx10 with Steve's fixer and with your original mdl file there were no texture or model anomalies. Thanks for your hard work trying to sort out issues
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Hmmm, the plot thickens .... have you turned "Aircraft casts shadow on ground" ON or OFF? And if you turn it ON, does it make any difference?

Anyone willing to turn dx10 preview on and see if that helps any? (apart from killing the rest of your fleet ...
    I have aircraft ground shadows and shadows cast on itself off. I'll try them both on when I return from my Doctors appointment.

No obvious issues here, just a quick test in FSX:SE. Don't laugh at the screenies it's a vanilla install, been using FSW mostly. (having some difficulties getting it to work in FSW but that's my own problem, lol.)

Have to say, she is a beauty, thank you.

Windows 10 Pro
    I7-6700K @ 4.4GHz
    16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4
    Gigabyte Z170 Gaming K3 MB
    Gigabyte GTX1060 3GB DDR5
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails grab_028.jpg   grab_030.jpg   grab_031.jpg  

This is addressed only to those of you who have experienced muddled-up graphics or missing parts. I have looked at all the pics and what a killjoy they are. Unfortunately, so far I haven't the slightest clue as to whether it's due to: fsx version, scenery complexity (orbx), dx9 or 10, unupdated shaders, duration of flight, the combined p3d/fsx functionality, the gauge sim_b50, or any combination of these. What's worse, I have been unable to replicate any of the artefacts reported.

So I'll give you a whittled-down version for test purposes only, without any of the p3d functionality, and omitting also the combined nose and long-range setups. It's here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/twwjlcsbno..._TEST.zip?dl=0

I have included a TEST texture set (red tail), a TEST model folder, and a TEST panel folder, all adressed in the aircraft.cfg. Please install all, making a backup copy of your current aircraft.cfg

Please try the model without using any of the tweaks, merges etc that have been posted here and elsewhere. Because the model references the separate TEST panel and model folders you can basically leave your setup as is. Only don't import any of your tweaks into those TEST folders.

If this model works without artefacts we can begin to re-refine it step by step. If it fails ...

Anyway, give it a try. I am very interested in what you'll get.

-- Manfred
    Manfred:
    I sure would like a full blown (Completed) version of this Weather bird once it has been completed - for P3D V3.4
    Thank you sir.

Hold the presses...

Believe it or not, I may have solved the graphics issue for my setup. And it's really a simple fix.

If you are having the graphics problems reported by Zolt, myself and others, I'd like you to test this out and see if it works for you.

All you need to do is a small edit to the panel.cfg file.

With the default Boeing B-50 look for [fltsim.12] for the Monitor Help popup panel. Now remove or rem (//) out the line for the ident=1000 like so

//--------------------------------------------------------
    [Window12]
    Background_color=0,0,0
    size_mm=800,600
    pixel_size=800,600
    position=4
    visible=0
    //ident=10000

gauge00=Monitor!help, 0,0,800,600

That's all. Report back if it fixes the issue.

I did this also for the merged Virtavia B-29 VC and there are no problems and the monitor panel is fully functional. Don't ask me how it works, I'm just hoping it works for you like it does for me.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Here's a spiffy external view of the test B-50 with aricraft shadows on itself and ground turned on. // out the ident=1000 in the panel.cfg also! Still no wing view from the VC!

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Believe it or not, I may have solved the graphics issue for my setup. And it's really a simple fix.

If you are having the graphics problems reported by Zolt, myself and others, I'd like you to test this out and see if it works for you.

All you need to do is a small edit to the panel.cfg file.

With the default Boeing B-50 look for [fltsim.12] for the Monitor Help popup panel. Now remove or rem (//) out the line for the ident=1000 like so

//--------------------------------------------------------
    [Window12]
    Background_color=0,0,0
    size_mm=800,600
    pixel_size=800,600
    position=4
    visible=0
    //ident=10000

gauge00=Monitor!help, 0,0,800,600

That's all. Report back if it fixes the issue.

I did this also for the merged Virtavia B-29 VC and there are no problems and the monitor panel is fully functional. Don't ask me how it works, I'm just hoping it works for you like it does for me.
    Hello,

To be sure, for me, this file (Sim_B50.xml) is causing the problem!

But Thank you!

Zsolt

I forgot to mention that I made a small edit to the sim_B50.xml file.

I've sent the info on to Manfred to see what he thinks before sharing it.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Members who have read this thread: 2