panel
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: panel

panel

I quess I posted this thread at the wrong place, so I'll try it here once more.

I fly the C-47 Beta_V3.12 with out any problem, but like to upgrade to the V3.14, have dowloaded and installed it, but there is a problem with the instrument panel, I cant see the instruments there is like a curtain blocking the panel view, any idear some body??

Regards

Joap

Any chance you can post a screenshot of what you see?
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

panel

Mr Zippy,

Its not eazy to attach the screen shot, but I hope you could see them.

Joap
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Schermopname (11).jpg   Schermopname (12).jpg   Schermopname (9).jpg  

OK, got a good look Viewer will see this po pix. Are these daytime or night shots of the cockpit? For me to try the latest update will take at least 6 more days until I'm back on my Sim computer. It almost looks like a missing panel.BMP.

Maybe Manfred or Jan Visser will see this thread and offer advice.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

panel

daytime, trying so send you another one, this if Ican see the pane ??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Schermopname (19).jpg  

SOH-CM-2020
    Try adjusting the view point with the key's - Ctrl, Shift, Enter , maybe the viewing point is too high.

Pete.

Hello,

you will find the eyepoint setting inside the aircraft.cfg file.
    The correct setting is

[views]
    eyepoint = -6.50, -1.40, 3.0

This has remain unchanged thoughout the model updates.

Undoubtedly, yours is either incorrect or is being amended by some
    software that allows the eyepoint to move.
    The "curtain" you see is because your eyepoint is inside a part of the model.

The best way to update the aircraft is to remove the existing version from the simobjects folder altogether
    and then replace it with the new one.
    If you have just merged them, this could cause this kind of problem.
    Regards,
    Nick

panel

Thank you Gentleman for your advice, I did exactly what you both sugested, but no joy, Nick there was a little diference in views –6.50, was –6.40, otherwise no difference.
    I also removed the aircraft completely and dowloaded and re-insalled it, I am thinking of re-installing FSX don’t know if that will help, I may have problem with registering ? Any more advice would be appreciated.
    Kind regards.
    Joap

there was a little diference in views –6.50, was –6.40
    May I suggest a larger change? -6.50 to -6.0, or -7.0, whichever way you want to move it. I would think (although very rarely) the less negative, the farther forward, but I may be wrong. All depend on where the dev put the 0,0,0 point. Also, you can try changing the third number, 3.0, to either 2.5 or 3.5, more positive being a vertical move upwards. A 0.5 change is a good place to start changing any of the numbers. Too much? Fine, reduce it. Not enough? OK, make it more. Again, wrong way? No problem, just make it the other way.

Also, bear in mind, this is only for the VC.
    To change the 2D viewpoint, there should be a line in the panel.cfg file that reads something like VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=10.000, 0.000, 0.000 . It would be under the section [VIEWS], usually up near the top of the file, but not always. Usually, all it takes is changing the first number. Give it a 1.0 change, either way, and see if that is closer to what you desire.

Hope this helps a little. You have a LONG way to go before an FSX re-install. That is an absolute LAST resort.
    Good luck!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Looks like you are behind a part to me as well.

To verify, just use the keyboard to test:

cntrl+enter and cntrl+backspace to move forward/backward
    Use shift+enter or shift+backspace to move up/down
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

panel

Thank you again Gentleman,
    Have tried different setings as advised, but no sucsess all I have ended with was outside view with the keys F9…F12 meaning looking outside of the cockpit, no instrument panel.

I wonder if I’m the only one that is having this problem, I remember flying this aircraft in Win7 there was no problem, so wondering if Win10 is causing the problem?? I can hear sombody thinking why not go back to Win7, wel the bl... problem is I bought the d…n Win10.

I wonder if there is a way to contact Manfred Jahn or Jan Visser??

Kind regard

Joap

Quote Originally Posted by Joap View Post
    I wonder if there is a way to contact Manfred Jahn or Jan Visser??

No problem, Joap ( i know Joop and i know Jaap, Joap all new to me. You're not dutch, are you ?... ;-)

I can't think of anything else either than the boys above already explained ..... ( in your screenshots the POV (Point Of View) is way *above* the pilot seat. The black area that you see in your first screenie belongs to the outer 'shell' that completely engulves the VC to aid with the lighting of the VC )

Are you familiar already with how to move about in an FSX internal aircraft model like a cockpit or cabin ?

Can you tell us what happens when you are inside the VC and keep the Ctrl key *plus* the Enter key of your keyboard pushed in ?.....

Also try to keep the Shift key *plus* Enter key pushed in and tell us what exactly you see happening in your C-47 VC.

Cheers,
    Jan

panel

Thank you Jan for replying, ( Ja ik ben Nederlander )

I made a screen shot, hope that you can see it, this is what I see of the panel some times. I think I mentioned this already.

Moving about in the cockpit, I use the hat switch of the Sitek yoke, anyway pressing Ctl key + Enter, and Shift key + Enter I would be moving up or moving down, with the F keys 9…12 I would be behind the left seat or see the left or right engine.

I hope that I made my self understable. Btw Joap is my nick name, Joop is my name, but pronounce in English sounds like Joep ?? if you understand what I mean.
    Kind regards

Joap
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Schermopname (20).jpg  

Originally Posted by Joap
    Thank you Jan for replying, ( Ja ik ben Nederlander )

Aha, Ok !

You will not get any help from the F keys for your problem, Joop, the Ctrl/Shift/Enter/Back combo keys are your friends. ( using the Hat switch on your Saitek Yoke does not *move* you about, you just move 'your head', looking sideways and up/down ).

Take the screenshot in your post above: it's like you are standing up instead of sitting down in the pilot seat. All you'd have to do really is sit down..... You do that by pushing the Shift/Back key combo. (keep the Shift key pushed in with your thumb while tapping the Back key with your middle finger until the view is about right, i.e. you can see the top of the VOR1 gauge. You are probabely looking down onto the rudder pedals now so use your Hat switch to move 'your head' to look out the windscreen. You should be sitting pretty now.

Btw, this of course not something you'd want to do every time you fly your C-47. You can set your preferred default view in the [views] section of the aircraft.cfg as also described in other posts above.

Just out of curiosity, can you post the current params in the [views] section of your C-47 aircraft.cfg ?

Mine are :

[views]
    eyepoint = -6.40, -1.40, 3.0

Not sure anymore but i believe they might be default....

Btw(2) understand about 'Joap' now.... Hehe Funny thing is that you could've just left it Joop because in English that's exactly like you want it to be pronounced ( i.e. 'Joep' (in dutch), like English 'boot' , 'foot' , etc.). With 'Joap' you're actually back at square one, in English it is pronouncd as your dutch 'Joop' ... Like English 'load', 'boat' etc., i.e. two 'oo's in dutch.. (sorry for this lecture in English literature.. )

groeten,
    jan

panel

Dankje Jan,

I’m getting a feeling that my download is screwed up Jan, have a look at the screen shot of the troop ship, that doesent look right at all ??

Well anyway I used Shift/Backspace as sugested and the best I can get of the panel you can see on the sceen shot here .

I wonder if there is another site were I can download? The 3.14, I have deleted, and re-downloaded from here already, any sugestions ?

I wonder if there was way that you can login to my computer and have look your self Jan??
    The eyepont views is exactly as is here eyepoint = -6.40, -1.40, 3.0

Anyway thank you for the English lecture.

Groetjes
    Joop
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Schermopname (26).jpg   Schermopname (27).jpg  

panel

Just dowloaded from AVSIM, and re-install, no change at all.

Joap

Hello Joop,

Do you have any other software that could be causing this, something like Ezdok, maybe Chaseplane, could alter the eyepoint if
    not correctly set up.

If you do not:

If you delete the folder simobjects\airplanes\Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14, you have completely removed the aircraft,
    except for a couple of effects files that cannot affect anything.

You must make sure that you do not have any earlier versions there too, look for folders named Douglas_C-47_Beta_Vx.xx
    and also delete any of them that you might find.

Then unzip your Avsim download to a folder of your choice and copy the Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14 folder and paste it into
    simobjects\airplanes.

Rename your simulator .cfg file and let your simulator build another.

Start the simulator, select the aircraft and load it.

This completes the "installation" process and if it is still faulty, you may have to start looking for faults in your simulator.
    Regards,
    Nick

Hi! Now that I'm back on my Sim computer I thought I'd check on my v.3.14 C-47. My startup screen is the 2D panel so I normally hit the A key to bring up
    the VC. I then hit the minus key about three times to move the eyepoint back and then the spacebar+mouse to lower the eyepoint.

I just noticed that the paratrooper panels have a picture of Rosie the Riveter. My panel for my Buffalo Airways had a pic of Marilyn. (probably a v3.12 repaint).

panel

No Nick I have no other programs running, have tried almost every thing now, but no joy, it's getting to be frustrating.

I cant imagine that FSX is causing the problem, but that's the only option left, the only thing that's holding me from deleting and re-installing FSX is the problem with registering.

The funny thing is flying the V3.12, or any other aircraft I have no problem with FSX.

Regards Joop

Just a thought, Joop, you have FsX with Acceleration or FsX with SP1 and SP2?
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

This is maybe something I forgot to ask, and I don't see any info on it so far....Are you running FSX with SP1 and 2, FSX+ Acceleration, or FSX-SE?

OK...OK! so I'm not as quick on the keyboard as Roger!

Quote Originally Posted by Joap View Post
    Fsx sp1 sp2

You have the same as I have! What is your start screen? Do your flights start in the 2D cockpit or the VC?

Under FSX/Settings/Customize/Aircraft do you have a checkmark in "Show High Resolution 3D cockpit"?

Done that Mr,Zippy, no change, I wonder if Win10 could be the problem??, have mentioned this before, win7 was no problem with the 3.14.

I'm thinking of re-installing Win7 on my extra HD and install it in the computer, then re-installing FSX, and hope that, that would be the solution, what do you think???.

I afraid that activating FSX could be a problem, and that is holding me from doing this.

regard
    Joop

Members who have read this thread: 0