Interesting shader mod at Avsim

Thread: Interesting shader mod at Avsim

Interesting shader mod at Avsim

Found this today, it's pretty awesome so far, but I have only done a short flight with it.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/486643-br...one/?p=3402850

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Very interesting indeed !
    Thanks for posting that link. It looks like I'm not checking the avsim forums often enough :P

Tried it and like it... like it a lot!!!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

A few screenshots from the first flight. The changes are impressive, a little surprised its not on by default though.

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

I tried it yesterday, but for me, I found the cloud shadows too dark, and I lost anti-aliasing on aircraft shadows.
    I've since reverted to the default shaders, but there is a lot to like about this mod and I'll be keeping my eye on it.

Nice shots of SAK and Yakutat Montie! One of my fav places to fly!

Andy

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

This looks awesome. Im going to switching to these ASAP
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

and before anyone asks, it doesn't work in FSX as this is DX11 territory....

I had manually increased darkness and saturation in lighting controls as I found the default settings too blunt. After these shaders I set both these factors at 1.0 and like it a lot.

I gave it a try and so far it's interesting.
    I don't like the part for the clouds, so I'll soon revert that to original. But the rest of the mod produces a pleasant result. It still needs some adjustments, tough.

According to the author a new version will be up in a few days.

A few screens with the mod, during a flight from 4S2 to Oakridge state.

Continued:

Yeah, less keen myself. Any idea where all the scenery has gone?!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shaders.jpg  

Did you delete the shaders in the c:\users\xxxx\local\... ?
    If so, you might have to wait several seconds before the complete recompiling is done.
    In some cases in the past, it happened to me that it took more than 40 seconds for the terrain to appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Did you delete the shaders in the c:\users\xxxx\local\... ?
    If so, you might have to wait several seconds before the complete recompiling is done.
    In some cases in the past, it happened to me that it took more than 40 seconds for the terrain to appear.

Deleted the shaders and waited a while, but maybe not that long. I'll have another go later.

The same thing happened to me....you need wait quite a while for everythjng to be recompiled. Once done it doesnt take long thereafter.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Hmmm no, still nothing even after waiting five minutes. I wonder what I've done wrong/different...

First thing I would recommend, would be to simply try again.
    Delete the shaders once more, and ensure your P3D is launched with the option "run as administrator".
    EDIT: you're running P3D v3.2, right ?

you're running P3D v3.2, right ?
    Right up until I checked the about box in game I would have said yes. Except it turns out I installed 3.2 on my friends PC but didn't get round to upgrading from 3.1 myself!!
    As soon as I can get onto LM's website I'll download it.

Yep that's fixed it! Thanks guys.
    Last edited by SkippyBing; April 20th, 2016 at 11:33. Reason: Got it working

Glad to see you could sort this out
    Indeed the shader files are much different from 3.1 to 3.2. That explains why your 3.1 wasn't happy with these modified shaders.

Members who have read this thread: 0