Uss coral sea
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uss coral sea

Uss coral sea

A little tour of the new SimWorks USS Corral Sea CV43 - THe dude on the cherry picker is animated - Looks like he is wiping window. Pretty neat.

View from Vultures Row

Air Boss Office where he barks to all on the flight deck "FOD Walk down" "Everyone get into the proper flight deck gear- Helmets on, goggles down"

The bridge - everyone you see in there is animated.

looks really great

The carrier looks great but I'm not sure about the bridge and flyco crew's upper bodies reflecting light. Don't think it would bother me much.. I'd just not look up there!!
    Atb
    DaveB

I just got the update for the Phantom but I can't find the Coral Sea......

Cees

After installing the F4 you will be presented with the install for the Corral sea. After the install (Corral Sea) copy this config to your AI carriers config. In order to see this AI carrier you have to add the following to your AI carriers cfg file:

[formation.0]
    title=USS Coral Sea CVA-43 1965
    unit.0=CVA-43 USS Coral Sea 1965, 6, -35
    unit.1=VEH_cruiser01, -3000, -1000
    unit.2=VEH_destroyer01, 3000, -1000
    unit.3=VEH_destroyer01, 200, -8000
    unit.4=VEH_destroyer01, 900, 7000

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    I just got the update for the Phantom but I can't find the Coral Sea......

Cees

Also, under the FSX\SimWorks Studios folder you will find saved Flights and AI Carriers files to use.

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator
    http://www.simworksstudios.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SimWorksStudios

I've got it now. The first time it wouldn't install. I think Norton was the villain in this case.

Cees

There is a separate installer for the Coral Sea in your FSX Folder \SimWorks Studios\USS Coral Sea
    "He took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots..."

No Midway stuff

Didn't see any Midway stuff mentioned in the readme:

In your Flight Simulator X\SimWorks Studios you will find:
    -AI Carriers folder: Copy the configuration files in your AI Carriers\conf.d folder to be able to spawn CVA-41 and CVA-43
    -Flights: Copy the flight files in your Documents\Flight Simulator X files folder. Two flights are provided, starting on the deck of CVA-41 or CVA-43 with the F-4B Phantom II off Vietnam.

You can spawn them both equally well via TacPack.

Dave

Your response leaves me both dazed and confused. There was not Midway files that I could find in this latest update, on a coral sea AI. In the SIMWORKS studio there is a corral sea install file no Midway.
    There is a AI carrier folder with info on how to add Corral sea to the AI carriers menu again, no mention of midway.
    THere is the file in the Core SIMWORKS STUDIO that states and I quote;

"In your Flight Simulator X\SimWorks Studios you will find:
    -AI Carriers folder: Copy the configuration files in your AI Carriers\conf.d folder to be able to spawn CVA-41 and CVA-43
    -Flights: Copy the flight files in your Documents\Flight Simulator X files folder. Two flights are provided, starting on the deck of CVA-41 or CVA-43 with the F-4B Phantom II off Vietnam.

ENJOY!"

If no Midway was supplied, then why is the CVA-41 mentioned? Are you not supplying it with this update or what? Fair question I think.......
    What have I missed? In the flights folder there are files titled F4B on USS Corral sea . No Midway flights.

Please feel free to elaborate on this...... Oh and I don't have/use TACPAC.

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    You can spawn them both equally well via TacPack.

Dave

Gray Eagle this readme file slipped my attention. Initially the F-4B would come with a free carrier which would be the Midway. For historical reasons this was changed to Coral Sea and as initially promised, only this one ship will be given with the Phantom.

The Midway will be sold separately as a bundle with Coral Sea for those interested in the ships only. F-4 buyers are entitled to a discount as they already have one of the ships.

This carrier package is under closed testing, thus the readme file and reply that both work fine from Daventry, who is a tester with access to both.

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator

Alex,

Thanks for the explanation. I kinda had a feeling that was the case.

Quote Originally Posted by SiR_RiPPER View Post
    Gray Eagle this readme file slipped my attention. Initially the F-4B would come with a free carrier which would be the Midway. For historical reasons this was changed to Coral Sea and as initially promised, only this one ship will be given with the Phantom.

The Midway will be sold separately as a bundle with Coral Sea for those interested in the ships only. F-4 buyers are entitled to a discount as they already have one of the ships.

This carrier package is under closed testing, thus the readme file and reply that both work fine from Daventry, who is a tester with access to both.

No launch bar

Okay, When I try the launch sequence with one of the SIMWORK F4's on the SIMWORKS Corral sea I taxi to the shuttle and employ the standard SHIFT + keys to start the launch sequence
    i/e/ taxi to just past the shuttle press Shift + U then Shift + I nothing happens except I get remarks in red in the upper left corner

Toggle Launch Bar Switch_0
    Toggle Arm Assist toggle: 0

I don't know what that is all about but nothing happen
    the NWG doesn't pop up no bridle no nothing.

Shouldn't this all work out of the box using the standard carrier launch keys?

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Okay, When I try the launch sequence with one of the SIMWORK F4's on the SIMWORKS Corral sea I taxi to the shuttle and employ the standard SHIFT + keys to start the launch sequence
    i/e/ taxi to just past the shuttle press Shift + U then Shift + I nothing happens except I get remarks in red in the upper left corner

Toggle Launch Bar Switch_0
    Toggle Arm Assist toggle: 0

I don't know what that is all about but nothing happen
    the NWG doesn't pop up no bridle no nothing.

Shouldn't this all work out of the box using the standard carrier launch keys?
    It works out of the box for me?

Cees

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    It works out of the box for me?

Cees
    Me, too.

Dave

I am curious what that gun director mounted above the bridge directs.

Quote Originally Posted by joe bob View Post
    I am curious what that gun director mounted above the bridge directs.
    All the pictures I found circa 1960-70's clearly shows the gun director and I suspect it would have been the primary director for the then mounted 5in guns, as the director seems very similar to the Cruiser and Destroyer gun directors for their gun batteries.

Great looking model too..
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Ah, I see now, I had missed the guns in previous screen shots. I thought it looked like a main mount gun director.

Has anyone found the guy who's not feeling too well yet?

Dave

Not for me...Ya know....it's kinda strange when I can use other aircraft (Milviz/Razbam) and I can launch em off your ship but using
    your F4 on your ship it doesn't want to play....

This is your plane on your ship - notice the red display on upper left corner.

Milviz product on your ship - Everything looks to be in order for a launch

Razbam scoter on your ship - looks like the Shift U Shift I works here wouldn't you say?

So I guess I will have to live with it especially if "it works for me" is the consensus. Oh well......

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    Me, too.

Dave

I can arm it for launch on the Enterprise.

For some reason not the Corral sea although other aircraft will respond to the SHIFT + U and SHIFT + I commands.

Your nose gear is not extended there, indication that your generators are off. This will not allow you to attach. In order to extend your "launch bar" power needs to be on or it will not work as it is the procedure.

Also, the green bar is due to the carrier gauge used to control the FLOLS and catapults. Ignore it completely. We are working with a newer version now that should get rid of the red messages.

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator

Edit: if you still cannot attach, switch both genies off then turn them back on. Then you should extend properly. This is the procedure to deflate the nose gear which may get stuck with the carrier gauge sometimes.

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator

{fx: Tommy Cooper}

Just like that!

{/fx}

Dave

Members who have read this thread: 0