Need help solving this scenery problem

Thread: Need help solving this scenery problem

Need help solving scenery problems

I installed MAIW VFA-106 package, and part of it includes El Centro. Note the anomalies in the scenery. Am wondering if the cause is missing texture, or conflicting AFCAD? NC

And then here is one of NAS Roosevelt Roads. I really messed this one up. No idea how to fix.....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails El Centro.jpg   Roosey.jpg  

Didn't quite escape.
    I would say you're missing some textures there. With the very rectangular shapes, they look like plane polys that are untextured.

The second one is that the flatten is at a different altitude or not working - is this a FSX native scenery? if not, then the FS9 flatten won't work in FSX, you need a AB_Flatten poly.

Ian P.

Quote Originally Posted by IanP View Post
    I would say you're missing some textures there. With the very rectangular shapes, they look like plane polys that are untextured.

The second one is that the flatten is at a different altitude or not working - is this a FSX native scenery? if not, then the FS9 flatten won't work in FSX, you need a AB_Flatten poly.

Ian P.

It was a payware scenery that I had uninstalled due to AI issues. But no idea how to fix the AB_Flatten poly you mentioned...... NC

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    Navy Chief,
    If you are using FTX Global + Vector, you may need to use that Airport Elevation Corrections tab in your FTX Global Vector Configuration Tool desktop icon.

Quote Originally Posted by FlameOut View Post
    Navy Chief,
    If you are using FTX Global + Vector, you may need to use that Airport Elevation Corrections tab in your FTX Global Vector Configuration Tool desktop icon.

Unfortunately I do not have that software, but thanks.... NC

This scenery is built for FS9, as such there was an issue with the AI traffic, they don't seem to like neg sea level airports. As current MAIW scenery is made for FS9, there are going to be elevation issues in some instances when placed in FSX. For these I generally use ADE9X to adjust the FS9 AFCAD elevation to match the stock airport in FSX. There also some photoreal backgrounds that are inverted when placed in FSX, you would have to flip these files. As I have all US based MAIW packages, I think I ended up just going with the free FSX Blue Angels scenery for El Centro and added AI parking. The is more interest in producing both sim versions (as most FSX stuff seems to work in P3D) in future updates of scenery and models as seen in the recent AI UH-60 release.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

As Victory103 says, I would also suggest getting the BlueAngels/Jim Dhaenens El Centro which will work much better as it is an FSX scenery, and an excellent one. There may already be military parking spots too, so you probably won't need to adjust for AI traffic to work.

Just for knowledge sake, I would say the black patches are a missing texture or textures, and they are probably native FS9 textures, as additional textures should have been included with the scenery. I had a similar issue with a missing taxiway texture not long ago and I was able to use ADE to deduct what the missing texture was. I then copied missing texture from my P3D installation to FSX. Here's a link to that issue. As I say if you're interested you could use ADE or maybe TMF Viewer to find out what texture is supposed to be displaying.

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/thr...laying.436730/

As for the elevation problem, you should be able to open the ADEX (Airport) bgl file in ADE and adjust the Airport and/or runway elevation to suit the surrounding, or default FSX elevation. If you open the stock airport in ADE you will see what the correct elevation is, and then you can alter the add on to suit and then save and compile the new ADEX file.

If you do need a hand, post the ADEX file or tell us where to find that scenery, and I could take a look at it.

Cheers,

Members who have read this thread: 0