NAS Alameda, CA KNGZ for FSX - Page 17
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: NAS Alameda, CA KNGZ for FSX

sounds and black buildings

The sounds can be heard best from either Parking 10, 12 or 12 on the seaplane ramp and if you can slew yourself right onto the pier. The sounds are deliberately designed to approxiamte the sound that would be heard from outside the ship not internally when they would be much louder. They are latitude/longitude specific to the object making the sound.

The black object is the Air terminal building and for some reason you are missing the textures. Try and delete the KNGZ scenery using the Add Scenery tab in Settings in FSX and then adding it back in and see if you get to hear see everything then. You guys are all really helpful in "beta" testing these revisions and I really appreciate it but like gray-eagle's East Gate, something is missing. If it works on my FSX, it should also work for you. If you point out something that I find in error I fix it with many thanks for the spot. Anyone else have a "black" Air Terminal from the latest update?

Black building

I too also am experiencing the black building. Upper parts have some color. Maybe that marine at the east gate will make a trouble call to Public Works and fix the welcome sign at the east gate too

Fixed the East Gate

Below is a Dropbox link to a folder of ALL the textures. Open it up and copy it into your KNGZ NAS Alameda textures folder replacing any asked. Normally when using MDCX when textures are converted to dds you delete the jpgs, pngs etc. For the gate you leave ALL the textures. I slewed out to the gate in my FSX and I was missing half of the gate too though I DO have the Air Terminal in full color. so I went back to MDCX and redid it, copied ALL the textures dds and jpgs and it works like before. I never lost the Air Terminal so this should fix that problem as well. I was actually copying all textures by mistake but apparently it was NOT a mistake for the gate or the terminal. Hope this solves all your problems. Post here if they're fixed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5dogec4n4barycx/texture.zip?dl=0

Way better

The black building is not black anymore - fixed.

And the east gate is fixed - Looks good now. Thanks

Next update

I hope all the loose "oh by the way" updates will be incorporated in the next formal update. I am can get confused with wait same sound upgrade or what fix went with what latest version?

Like for instance the texture corrections.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    The black building is not black anymore - fixed.

And the east gate is fixed - Looks good now. Thanks

Is that the weirdest thing or what? As far as I know this is the only scenery that behaves that way. I built it in Sketchup but so are a lot of other buildings built there too or downloaded from their archives. Oh well, all's well that ends well. What about the Air Terminal is it in color now and not all black missing the texture?

Richard

The black building is not black anymore - fixed. ^
    I also swapped out that texture fix with the texture from your V3.1.2b so that it will work if I need to reinstall it but I figure next update will have that texture update incorporated.
    I never could figure why there were thumbnails of aircraft carriers and other files that didn't seem related. It's looking good now

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    Is that the weirdest thing or what? As far as I know this is the only scenery that behaves that way. I built it in Sketchup but so are a lot of other buildings built there too or downloaded from their archives. Oh well, all's well that ends well. What about the Air Terminal is it in color now and not all black missing the texture?

Richard

Good To Hear

I am glad that fixed everything. I don't know what happened because I don't mess with stuff that works but when MY East Gate fell apart, it was time to pray because I'm sure not any expert and HE told me what to do. My Mama taught me that you don't need to pray about catastrophes but every day stuff too and I can't tell you how many times I have done that with answered prayers. Like this one. I have four separated files of sound.bgls now in the next update: Base Colors, CVA59, CVA63 and CVA64 with their departures and returns as well as inport announcements for each carrier. I think I may bring in theat cool Knox Frigate that was created here at SOH. I also have a USNS Big Horn that I made from USNS Patuxent which will be coming to NAS Alameda soon because I read that USNS Patuxent left for the Mideast (for real) this week for an 8 month deployment supporting ships over there. Also read that Putin says our ships are not welcome in the Black Sea any more. DOPE!!! TTYL or tomorrow.

Is this uploaded anywhere yet? I was fortunate to get a dropbox link to an earlier version... would LOVE to update to this newest version.

Latest Stable Update

The latest stable update is 3.1.2a which is above on page 16 of this post.

I am working on some sound addins and may release 3.1.2c today later or tomorrow.

Right now I want to do some flying since I haven't been in the cockpit of my C1A here in FSX for two weeks.

The tower just got upgraded IT systems and some cherry wood trim around the work stations!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Computers.jpg  

How cool is that

Quote Originally Posted by simulloyd View Post
    The tower just got upgraded IT systems and some cherry wood trim around the work stations!

You just made it worth waiting for no matter how long it takes you. Like WOW!!!

Here is my update tonight

Here is a shot top down view of the latest addition to the airport. Figured out how to do this using Corel Paintshop Pro X12, Sketchup and Model Converter X. A lot of work but it bothered me it was missing from the taxiway. Its there now.

I think I am going to tackle the O' club this week. Found it on Google Earth while looking for road traffic markings which I am also doing like the NAS ALAMEDA Taxiway above. It would be nice if there was a way that you could actually see FSX underneath ADEX and not have to shoot jpegs and mate up and go back and go back etc. etc. etc. (My grand daughter was watching The King and I this week-LOL) Now I know what I'm doing I think I will go and try and match the concrete a little better. ADEX says the taxiway is concrete and that background patch is Sketchup concrete which I see is lighter. I will use the next shade and it oughta be perfect. Gotta do the same thing with the street traffic markings.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image_160618_202744.jpg  

Adex and new alameda

Richard,

ya know.....as I have mentioned before, for some reason, ADEX will not decompile your latest and greatest creation i.e. NAS Alameda. I cannot get ADEX to open the bgl file, it insists that is cannot de-compileit. The older one yes, other scenery airports yes. Vesion 3.1.2a/b a resounding no way.

At least for me......

Taking a small break from the tower and thought I would jump on one of the hangars. All texture work in the screen shot was started after my last post.
    I plan on using this hangar as the baseline for the other similar hangars. However, I cut the doors so that each of the buildings can be modeled with various opened/closed door combinations. At least one will be modeled with doors open wide enough for AI or user can taxi in or out of the open doors. Obviously, once the bgls are in place you will need to make sure a couple of parking spots. Enjoy.

Also, you might be pleased to see other work I started since my earlier post today. It is the framework for many of the ladders!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 18June_Hangar Update.jpg   Ladder Landing with rails.jpg  

Hangers 20 21 22 23

Taking a small break from the tower and thought I would jump on one of the hangars. All texture work in the screen shot was started after my last post.
    I plan on using this hangar as the baseline for the other similar hangars. However, I cut the doors so that each of the buildings can be modeled with various opened/closed door combinations. At least one will be modeled with doors open wide enough for AI or user can taxi in or out of the open doors. Obviously, once the bgls are in place you will need to make sure a couple of parking spots. Enjoy.

Also, you might be pleased to see other work I started since my earlier post today. It is the framework for many of the ladders!
    It would be good if the first hanger is the one of the four with the tower and the beacon on it. I can also be sure to put a parking spot inside the hanger(s) so that aircraft can be installed. Really good looking hanger. I read that the only way to make the doors automatic with a radio freq. though is through Gmax I believe over at FSDevelopers. Arno has a thread over there.

The latest updates Version 3 1 2e

Here is the latest version of NAS Alameda Version 3.1.2e (c and d being a bust for one reason or another). I have added traffic markings a (STOP) at every intersection they are required panning Google Earth for an hour or so tonight. I created the STOP for the corners and also the two stops for the main gate. Google Earth does not show any on the street at the East Gate and the East Gate is gone now. The East Gate had a lighted stop/go light so I am assuming that was what was used. Also managed as you can see in the photo with no mean efforts IMHO to get the eagle onto the Main Gate Building. Sketchup doesn't like text except as an architectural marking on drawings so all the lettering and signs had to be created in a drawing program/exported as a bmp/imported and then exported as part of the Collada file for each instance. No help from Sketchup at all. Truly a blessing of Divine Providence in all instances. Also last night the Sketchup decided to become corrupted and I had to remove and reinstall after blaming Model Creator. Arno was very understanding and RK over at FSDevelopers clued me in to Sketchup's quirks. Enough of my trials though. I am very pleased with the airport at this point. Waiting for tower and hangers to come patiently to be added to the next update as I work this week on the Officers' Club and the enlisted Mess Hall Bldg 3. This whole thing is so much fun but what a mystery, like a detective case tracking down all the references and photos of what is where or where was it when. I guess that's as much fun as creating this stuff. If anyone finds any "boo-boo's" as always give me a holler what and where and I'll fix it. There were a lot of late nights up to this point and the later it got the blurrier the screen got LOL. Here are the two shots I just took of the main gate finished and also the drop box link to the Air Station

Here's the dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ufewqjwbk2...ddons.zip?dl=0
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Main Gate Pass Office and Entry Finished.jpg   Main Gate Guard Shack and Marines.jpg  

enuff to drive you nuts

It seems that every time that I open ADEX to add or change something sumptin else gets messed up. I went out after posting this ONE MORE TIME to slew around the scenery corner to corner. What was broke has been fixed so please with my apologies for the extra trouble, add the texture into the textures and replace the two bgls in the scenery with these. I am not going to release any more updates until the tower is complete and installed but will keep working on building updates myself while the hangers are being completed by simulloyd.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kfxsuhsus1...dates.zip?dl=0

Very few available photos to understand the details for the side of the building.

Just missing some rails...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Side Ladders_Tower.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    It seems that every time that I open ADEX to add or change something sumptin else gets messed up. I went out after posting this ONE MORE TIME to slew around the scenery corner to corner. What was broke has been fixed so please with my apologies for the extra trouble, add the texture into the textures and replace the two bgls in the scenery with these. I am not going to release any more updates until the tower is complete and installed but will keep working on building updates myself while the hangers are being completed by simulloyd.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kfxsuhsus1...dates.zip?dl=0
    Regretfully the link does not work. Getting the error that the file is no longer in this location.

Can we please get an updated link.

Thanks
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

I was trying to update some links and had a problem

Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    Regretfully the link does not work. Getting the error that the file is no longer in this location.

Can we please get an updated link.

Thanks
    I will put up a new link later today or tomorrow at the latest with all the newest updates.

Keep Up the Good Work

Very few available photos to understand the details for the side of the building.

Just missing some rails...

Waiting for you to finish this looks so good.

I've been following this project and can see that it is clearly a labor of love, made with tons of enthusiasm. I have not yet tried any version but intend to try the latest. Screenshots look great so far.

I just wanted to offer a few words of friendly advice, based on my limited experience in scenery building. I have found out that the enthusiasm to include every little detail in 3d, especially with the easiness that this can be done in sketchup, leads very fast in excessive thousands of polygons in the model. Things like rails etc can easily be made using transparent textures on a flat surface, without noticeable reduction in the quality of looks, and quickly save many polygons. Also, a good control of the number of textures used needs to be exercised to reduce drawcalls. Textures for buildings can be combined in larger sheets.

Again, please consider these remarks as well intended and friendly advice. This base lies in an area that is already quite dense with autogen in the sim and performance may be adversely affected if people want to run high sliders. I will try the latest version, when available to check for performance and get back with feedback. What is your current feeling for performance when flying an aircraft of moderate complexity from this base?

Complete Redoux

Here is NAS Alameda with all the fixes and new updated sound files. Everybody PLEASE download and replace everything in the sounds and effects folders with these entries. Also remove the last KNGZ NAS Alameda scenery in your Addon Scenery and replace with this Version 3.1.2f. When asked to replace any files click replace so there are no conflicts. That includes the traffic in Scenery/World/Scenery because tracks have been updated to work. Except for the new tower and hangers from simulloyd when I add them to the next update, this should be it for a while. I'm gonna do some flyin' for a change and get out of the "workshop". Enjoy. Here is the dropbox link to it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n8mbf02sqp...V312f.zip?dl=0

Thank you for the updated file an link. Enjoy the flight
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Members who have read this thread: 3