A2A T-6 Texan Released!
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: A2A T-6 Texan Released!

A2A T-6 Texan Released!

Quite the pleasant Easter surprise! Downloading as I type...

Thanks to the A2A team for what is undoubtedly another FS benchmark.

https://www.a2asimulations.com/store/
    Last edited by mgchrist5; March 27th, 2016 at 08:55.
    -Mark

Yikes.. thanks for the HU

ATB
    DaveB

South Chesterfield Virginia, United States
    Blog Entries
    Great news!

Thanks for the heads Up!
    Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

I wish that A2A would sell the newer planes with Accusim not included,but as an option like before.
    I can never afford paying 50$ and i want to have the T-6 so much.
    Mike

Here are some screenshots from a couple early flights in SNJ-4 N7083C. Flying, and especially landing this thing, it makes me feel like I need a lot of practice. ; )

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

my lunch budget is slashed! Thanks for the HU !!!
    Intel i5-2500K - Zotac GTX 750 Ti - 4GB G-Skills - Gigabyte B75M - Simbada 500 W PSU - 17' LED

Quote Originally Posted by big-mike View Post
    I wish that A2A would sell the newer planes with Accusim not included,but as an option like before.
    I can never afford paying 50$ and i want to have the T-6 so much.
    Mike
    Very valid point Mike. At least it would open it up to those who would like the airplane but simply aren't head over heels about the "accu-sim" side.

Nice screenies John. Thx for the news!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

"Very valid point Mike. At least it would open it up to those who would like the airplane but simply aren't head over heels about the "accu-sim" side."

Correct,Ed.
    The last plane i was able to get years ago was the Spitfire,which i bought without Acusim.Some weeks later i got the Accusim for this plane,but i never felt happy with Accusim.Simply not my cup of tea.
    But to have the plane is nice nonetheless.
    Mike

We split the Accu-Sim packs from the start, years back for this reason, but there were downsides that started to crop up, including customer confusion. Lewis was also hounding us to make them a single installer from the continued customer support side of things. It was getting more difficult as we grew to keep supporting both Accu-Sim and non-Accu-Sim installs. When we got to the point where 90% of the customers were reaching for Accu-Sim, it was time to simplify the package mainly for supporting the customer. So far, the reliability has continued to rise. We now have almost a 100% reliability, and to give customers a seamless and trouble free experience is paramount. I wish we could have it both ways.

Scott.

Straight outta Bowerman

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade124 View Post
    . . . .I wish we could have it both ways.
    Scott.
    So do I. . . .it just seems to be the direction the hobby is headed. More demands for greater detail, system realism, longer development and production times equates to higher prices. I get it.

[QUOTE= I wish we could have it both ways.Scott.[/QUOTE]

So do some of us as well.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by Blade124 View Post
    We split the Accu-Sim packs from the start, years back for this reason, but there were downsides that started to crop up, including customer confusion. Lewis was also hounding us to make them a single installer from the continued customer support side of things. It was getting more difficult as we grew to keep supporting both Accu-Sim and non-Accu-Sim installs. When we got to the point where 90% of the customers were reaching for Accu-Sim, it was time to simplify the package mainly for supporting the customer. So far, the reliability has continued to rise. We now have almost a 100% reliability, and to give customers a seamless and trouble free experience is paramount. I wish we could have it both ways.

Scott.
    I understand your point,but what`s about an "Aircraft Factory" version,so that we others could get an affordable version of the T-6?
    Mike

I see a FSX t-6 package. Is there going to be a t-6 p3d package or better a fsx/p3d package in the future?
    Just to not rush my purchase and need to buy another thing in the future

EDIT: Sorry, ignore my post. Just saw the other packages in the shop.
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Quote Originally Posted by flaviossa View Post
    I see a FSX t-6 package. Is there going to be a t-6 p3d package or better a fsx/p3d package in the future?
    Just to not rush my purchase and need to buy another thing in the future
    There is already a package:
    https://a2asimulations.com/store/ind...d19083d1329bde
    Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Anyone who wants a less expensive T-6, don't forget Wozza's version with John Terrell's repaints and mdl work. These have done me proud for several years. They have a realistic start up sequence and look fantastic!

I have bought the A2A T-6 today and will learn to fly it when I have time. However that time may coincide with the time when I've retired and will only be able to spend maybe $20 a month on flight sim products, so I see both sides of the discussion.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Anyone who wants a less expensive T-6, don't forget Wozza's version with John Terrell's repaints and mdl work. These have done me proud for several years. They have a realistic start up sequence and look fantastic!

I have bought the A2A T-6 today and will learn to fly it when I have time. However that time may coincide with the time when I've retired and will only be able to spend maybe $20 a month on flight sim products, so I see both sides of the discussion.
    Agree wholeheartedly with that Roger. While I bought the A2A model today and have taken it for a couple of spins.. I've also had Wozza's model out this evening. With John's mod's and paints.. I'll be keeping it alongside the A2A model

ATB
    DaveB

No hesitation for me, I planned the buy, I grew up with them, just a part off life, every air show in New Zealand has a Harvard connection been for a rides and course the historical side of it ... one off the big things is the Accusim package that really kicks in, I have my own books and manuals here to read and compare then course you have Hi Res Kermy Kam videos for extra instruction, I don't work as such, this Harvard/Texan was a must for me.

In P3D v3.2 with dynamic reflections on. Had a blast with it! Very proud to pull a three pointer on first try. Having real taildragger experience only in a Supercub, I must say it handles like a hotrod version of it! Gonna spend a lot of time in this beauty!

I thought of the Wozza version too and tend to agree that it is also a very good alternative (Freeware) to the A2A version although it too has all of the nice touches of realism.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I thought of the Wozza version too and tend to agree that it is also a very good alternative (Freeware) to the A2A version although it too has all of the nice touches of realism.
    I've personally found that the Wozza example flies nothing like the real thing, but as a freeware example is fit for purpose. The A2A version is the definitive flight simulator T-6.

Martin

When I linked from ADX to the A2A site, the P3D pro version was highlighted - $80 so it came as almost a relief to find the FSX version was "only" $50. The plane itself flies and sounds like a real round engine but the 'Accusim' stuff is pure "padding" and the model would fly just as well without it.

This Texan is a superb Flyer ... Fly's terrific, Landings can be incredibly humbling!! Haven't damaged anything but my shorts...

Members who have read this thread: 0