A2A T-6 Texan Released! - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: A2A T-6 Texan Released!

I can see that this beauty inspires all the SOH talented repainters... and that's great!!!

I agree. I love watching the work of the best painters in the industry roll in both here and on the A2A site. Thanks all of you for making your outstanding repaints available. There are so many, I don't know which to choose!

No doubt, someone will chime in with the words, "then choose them all!"

A
    Per Ardua ad Astra

That has really hit the spot there zsolt

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Thank you Ryan! Yes, she lives at the Flying Cloud airport in Eden Prairie. It is one of the number of Texans based around the Twin Cities that I see quite often through the summer, either at the airport or over the house. When not flying, it is on long-term loan to the Wings of the North Museum, so it can be seen during museum hours, up-close. The owner is Paul Ehlen, the same guy who owns the most accurate/authentic flying P-51, "Sierra Sue II", and the most accurate/authentic flying N2S Stearman (the George Bush Stearman) - both also can be seen at the Wings of the North Museum. (The late Gerry Beck's F4U-4 Corsair is also due to be based/flown from Flying Cloud, on loan to Wings of the North, starting this spring, as soon as its IRAN (inspection/repair work) is finished.)
    Good knowledge there. My friend works as a controller at FCM... he transferred out of Duluth a little while back... I'm still here though! I can't recall if that T6 has ever made it up to DLH but I'll keep my eye out!

Quote Originally Posted by William Njurmi View Post
    So there is an alternative to that GPS cockpit? Surprisingly hard to get information about the cockpit variations (?). A sales method?
    Yes go here:
    http://a2asimulations.com/forum/view...?f=129&t=52909
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

N85696 has finally been uploaded.

Can't wait to add it to the Hangar!!

Many, many thanks to all Repainters - you all have done some awsome jobs ! Thank you for sharing your work with us

Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    Ryan,

I must be missing something.

I read that post the other day, and read it again just now.

It states it is a WIP, so not avail yet. Am I right?
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    Ryan,

I must be missing something.

I read that post the other day, and read it again just now.

It states it is a WIP, so not avail yet. Am I right?
    As I read it.. both the panel and paint it was sitting in are still WIP. No sign of a link for release versions Manfred

ATB
    DaveB

My "Craig Field" repaint is the last that I will be releasing in the immediate future, as I'm working on a set of period-inspired warbird cockpit textures for the A2A Texan as well, based on some of the restorations I'm familiar with/have covered, which have modern gauges that have been re-faced to look of the period (a bit different/alternative direction than Stiz's work). I'll be releasing some updates of my existing repaints with the VC texture mods when they are finished/released.

Didn't quite escape.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    As I read it.. both the panel and paint it was sitting in are still WIP. No sign of a link for release versions Manfred

ATB
    DaveB
    The a/c repaint (yes it is TFC's) is on the "released repaints" thread, as is someone else's version of the same aircraft...

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/view...rt=255#p409748

(mine)

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/view...rt=315#p410203

(Bladerunner's)

You'll probably want to download the Welshman's version.

Can't comment on stiz's panel I'm afraid. He'll have reply on that one!

Ian P.

Thanks for the HU John. Looking forward to them

EDIT: Thanks for the HU too Ian. Those threads get so long.. I lose the will to read through them and often (by the time I get there) the links are dead!!

ATB
    DaveB

ATB
    DaveB
    The paint's been released, in fact there are 2 versions by different artists. Check the "Released paints" thread over at A2A.

Downloaded both versions Ian. I think I'll keep yours. The other one is a bit dark on my rig.. very nice but dark

BTW.. if you want to feel just how easy the A2A Texan is.. spend a week flying the Milviz F-4J then jump into the Texan

ATB
    DaveB

Zsoltquack

Did you every release the Lackland AFB version?

Russ
    Many may fly and some are rewarded
    handsomely, but the wings of gold of a
    United States Naval Aviator mean more
    than flying. It is dearly bought, requires
    sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

Ian and Dave,

Thank you for your reply.

I will certainly download the versions mentions when I get home from work tonight.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Quote Originally Posted by rsgunner View Post
    Zsoltquack

Did you every release the Lackland AFB version?

Russ
    Here:

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=129&t=52573&p=410692#p410692

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    ...I'm working on a set of period-inspired warbird cockpit textures for the A2A Texan as well, based on some of the restorations I'm familiar with/have covered, which have modern gauges that have been re-faced to look of the period (a bit different/alternative direction than Stiz's work). I'll be releasing some updates of my existing repaints with the VC texture mods when they are finished/released.
    That's welcome news. Looking forward to the updated VCs.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Those threads get so long.. I lose the will to read through them and often (by the time I get there) the links are dead!!
    Best current reference for A2A T-6 paints is this page at freewarescenery.com. Lags by a day or two and there may be a couple missing here and there, but pretty comprehensive and a lot easier to read than the A2A threads.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

One Hell off site and many many still not added , impressive turnout Rob's done a great job.

Members who have read this thread: 0