Warbirdsim P-51D Mustang "American Beauty".zip

Thread: Warbirdsim P-51D Mustang "American Beauty".zip

Warbirdsim P-51D Mustang "American Beauty".zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Military skins - WWII

Description: This is a repaint for both the payware Warbirdsim P-51D "Restored Part 2" and "Mustang Tales" products. This repaint depicts P-51D-25-NA 44-73436 "American Beauty", as it appears today, owned by Bryan Reynolds/Olympic Flight Museum, based at Olympia, WA. The paint scheme has been a continuation since 1977 when painted in pseudo 361st FG markings as "Lou IV". Over the years, the name, code letters and serial on the tail have changed, but the rest of the scheme has remained largely the same. The current code letters E2-S and serial 413926 on the tail represent that of 361st FG pilot Urban "Ben" Drew, the name/nose art comes from a 31st FG Mustang, and the personal details below the canopy honors 52nd FG Mustang/Spitfire pilot Col. Frederick "Ted" Bullock. When installed into "Restored Part 2" this repaint will be depicted on a civilian-restored dual-seat Mustang with grey interior, while when installed into "Mustang Tales" this repaint will be depicted on a mostly stock-restored Mustang.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Warbirdsim P-51D Mustang "American Beauty".zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Blog Entries

How about the exhausts shadows?

They are way below where they should be... isn't there any way to correct this?
    The aircraft looks right on... almost like a photo... but those shadows really detract from the overall appearance...
    G.

The shadow is done by FSX, I don't think there is a fix for it. The only thing I can think of is to switch the "allow aircraft to add shadow" off in settings.

Cheers,
    Huub

Yup..

I don't see this because I never have that setting on. It can give unpredictable effects with things like wire aerials!! I've just turned it on and it is definitely 'Aircraft cast shadows on itself' that causes it but I don't see the shadow quite as dark as in John's shot. I've turned it back off again

ATB
    DaveB

Members who have read this thread: 0