Flight 19's Wild Kingdom - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Flight 19's Wild Kingdom

Into Tsumeb, Namibia. Word has it that there is plenty German heavy water nearby...

Hi folks,

As usual I am behind the eight ball. Forgot to add pictures of Flight 19 flight from Monday night. One nice thing about the flight was that our buddy Achmed didn't show up. Darn it, I sure wanted to mix it up with his aircrews. Ah shucks, maybe next time.

Here we are again,

A real nice flight, but, no Achmed! We had a full house on this flight and the conversation was just great! Here is something interesting, the fact the Germans forces after the surrender deposited all of their weapons etc. into some very deep lakes in this area. And us, without the required equipment to recover some of the artifacts. Hehe, Maybe the next time we have a chance to come to Namibia.

Hello all

Willy and I took off from FYTM and headed to FYRC late in the afternoon. The sky started to darken up a wee bit during the flight, and we were just hopeful that FYRC had lights for the runway. Hehe, with a nice tailwind we zipped in before it became dark, good thing too, the runways didn't have their lights on or maybe they didn't have any. We are going to find out about the lights, our plan is to fuel up and continue on to our next destination. FN18. A night flight should be interesting.

Wow! We had a full house again last night, and it is real nice having all the CNs on board. Left FYRC and headed into Angola FN18. As noted by Srgalahad this must have been a military base, out in the middle of nowhere and a long runway. Next leg we will be flying to FNWK.

Still in Angola but we are moving along again.

Hey folks, we are back in the saddle for the second flight on our return from Nam. Well, things didn't start up under our normal finesse some problem did rise, for example, yours truly forgot to lower the gears for landing, Oops! And again, the last flight I lost most of the power range on the Skyraider. The local mechanics noted that I would need an complete engine overhaul or an new engine. Now where in the heck could I find an 3350 engine down here so to the local swap shop. Will keep you all informed on our success, or will be taking the local airlines out of Africa. hehe

Hey there! How about this, hehe. Well, Dudley showed up to give us a hand with the skyraider and all he could do was the shake his head, and give me the most dirty look. Well, I made the poopie list again, or is it that I am always on it. LOL!

So, we went to the so called swap shop to look over the planes hoping to find one that would suit our magnificent personally, hehe. Really didn't find anything so we head back in the weeds behind the shop and there set a Mosquito bomber, man it sure looked a mess, I didn't think this has seen a wash or service job in years. I sure was disheartening to see shut a magnificent war bird falling apart. Dudley looked at me and we both shook our head and said this is it! You all got to remember we are part of Flight 19! We love the underdogs!

The bickering for a fair price took some time, but we all finally came to an agreeable price, now the work began! Hehe got a lot of help from the local mechanic and believe me it sure helped. A real surprise was we found the log book for the bird, and of course this was a get help. Make a long story, and if this isn't, short we got her going after a week or so and even gave her a bath. Test runs and flights went great. Now to catch up with Flight I9

Howdy all!

Caught up with Flight 19 and was able to run the same speeds as Moses's Fairchild. Kevin and I took off from Kinshasa and a had great flight to (FOON) Franceville. Going to do a little R&R here waiting for Willy and his T-33 catch up. Now, get this our next flight is from FOON to FOOL now if that isn't weird, I was going to I would eat my hat, crazy I is, but not stupid!

Taco and I went on to FOOL. Found a pair of F-80s at the local swap n shop. Took one for a test flght and after a rough landing, I figured I'd take the other one.

Thought we'd got a little lost and were in Oz for a bit there.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2016-aug-9-264.jpg   Flt 19-2016-aug-9-268.jpg   Flt 19-2016-aug-9-269.jpg   Flt 19-2016-aug-9-272.jpg   Flt 19-2016-aug-9-274.jpg  
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Equatorial Guinea. It's hot here!

Didn't know yall could see the smoke trail coming out the back. Makes sense though considering the other effects I've seen online.

Hello

Here are three pictures from a previous flight. This day flight will be from FGSL to DN56, Shut I hope you all know that you all are welcome to fly with Flight#19 anytime.

Shortly after takeoff we decided to call it a night due to technical difficulties. Here's the preflight pic of Taco and I going through pre-flights
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2016-aug-11-001.jpg  

On the road back up to Burkina Faso. Storms closed in soon after the air to air photo.

Needed something with a little more room for souveigneers. This might be big enough.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2016-aug-18-001.jpg  

Mali moon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mali.jpg  

Just a couple of snaps on last nights flight, before take off, and taking off. All during a rain storm.

Hi all, well, Willy and I got off to a good start last night and part of the Flight 19 joined us a little later, in fact, right after our takeoff. Dudley and I missed a couples of flight this week, Flight 19 personal said it was because the Wooden Wonder needed to wait for some Super Glue to arrive in order to glue some of the wooden parts back together. You a Know Funny Group, these pilots of Flight 19. You all take care see you next time.

Hey there! Wow! we had a very, very nice flight GATB to GAKL, and now onto DATM on Monday.

A few from last night's flight over Algeria.

Cockpit view

Looking out over the wing

Getting dark out there
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2016-aug-25-014.jpg   Flt 19-2016-aug-25-015.jpg   Flt 19-2016-aug-25-016.jpg  

Hi folks, Things just don't seem like they are going right. But, what heck, why change now. hehe. I only got one picture for this flight, the conversation was great and just plain forgot about pictures.

That looks like snow!

Sitting at DAAP, winding down after the toothpicks were cleared off the runway.
    Good thing the -8 has lots of room for support staff and SuperGlue.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 19-82416-DAAP.jpg  

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Sometimes, I think I might be having too much fun... Nope!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2016-aug-27-002.jpg  

Howdy yawl!

Hey, how about this we are almost finished with the junket in the Dark Continent. Flying thru Africa has been bunches of fun that has overridden most of the bad points. Now, I don't know if I got this straight or not, but it sounds like the flight is planning to go to a movie house showing the "Wizard of Oz" hehe that movie is almost as old as I am. Why we want to see it, I have no idea but with Flight 19 who knows, but looking forward to the butter popcorn, or in our case cornuts. Wish I could have heard more, and I didn't hear the whole conversation. Then Old Dudley pops up and said I should get me hearing aids charged up and checked. then he said I would be able to hear everything and maybe some things I shouldn't hear. Shucks, I don't have hearing aid, hehe as yet.

So, folks stay tuned to the adventures of Flight 19, hehe, we just might surprise you, and ourselves. lol.

PS. remember you all are welcome to come fly with us. Sounds like the name of a song doesn't it. hehe

Members who have read this thread: 0