Alphasim CH-46 modifications

Thread: Alphasim CH-46 modifications

SOH-CM-2020

Alphasim CH-46 modifications

Hi there!

From time to time there are some additional models for the Alphasim creations, like the PBY-1 and -2, C-87 Liberator Express and some more. I would like make a suggestion, if anyone has contact with the Alphasim/Virtavia team. Besides the great CH-46 standard model I like the Swedish one most, with its big sponson tanks, so is there any chance to see that one day for FS9?

Best regards
    Elmar

Quote Originally Posted by Elmar View Post
    Hi there!

From time to time there are some additional models for the Alphasim creations, like the PBY-1 and -2, C-87 Liberator Express and some more. I would like make a suggestion, if anyone has contact with the Alphasim/Virtavia team. Besides the great CH-46 standard model I like the Swedish one most, with its big sponson tanks, so is there any chance to see that one day for FS9?

Best regards
    Elmar
    Elmar,

The CH-46 Sea Knight is still being sold actively. The other models you mentioned(the FS9 PBY and the B-24) were made available, by Virtavia, as freeware quite some time ago and unless I'm mistaken, the reworking of the model file was "blessed" so to speak.

Until the Sea Knight becomes freeware no one can legally tamper with the model as it belongs to Virtavia (aka Alphasim). I'd love to see the large sponsoned Sea Knight as well, it would allow Canadian repaints on a proper model (I did several Canadian repaints for the Sea Knight).

Dave

Has it been released as freeware?

Two reasons:
    1. If it has, nigh on impossible that Virtavia will revisit it EVER!! They may one day develop a new model, but FS9 version is even more unlikely.

2. The most likely avenue is that if it is freeware and Virtavia allow it is for an eager member here with the relevant skills to do it, it's a very tall order with limited chance of success, but a little more so than Virtavia doing it I imagine.

Jamie

PS. beaten to the post.

Members who have read this thread: 0