C-1A Trader of VRC-40 "Codfish Airlines"

Thread: C-1A Trader of VRC-40 "Codfish Airlines"

C-1A Trader of VRC-40 "Codfish Airlines"

I just uploaded a C-1A Trader paint for VRC-40 "Codfish Airlines" for Milton's FS9 C-1A cargo variant. Both FSX and FS9 textures are included.

Get it here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...0921&catid=205
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails thumbnail.jpg  
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Looks very smart. Thanks a lot, Willy!

Cheers,
    Maarten

Next up! There was no way in heck I was not going to do this one. When I first found out Milton was going to do a Trader, this is the paint scheme I knew I was going to do. Even if someone else beat me to it. If I ever had to pick one single specific Navy aircraft as my all time favorite, this C-1A would be it. Got a bit more to do on it though but it's coming along nicely. But I'm not going to upload it until I'm thoroughly satisfied with it.

The shot is in FSX, but once I've got to where I want it in X, the FS9 version won't take but about an hour or so to do from the same .pdn files I'm using to do the FSX version. All of my recent paints that I intend to release, if the aircraft has FSX and FS9 version, I'm doing paints for both sims.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails flt 19-2016-feb-12-022.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    Next up! There was no way in heck I was not going to do this one. When I first found out Milton was going to do a Trader, this is the paint scheme I knew I was going to do. Even if someone else beat me to it. If I ever had to pick one single specific Navy aircraft as my all time favorite, this C-1A would be it. Got a bit more to do on it though but it's coming along nicely. But I'm not going to upload it until I'm thoroughly satisfied with it.

The shot is in FSX, but once I've got to where I want it in X, the FS9 version won't take but about an hour or so to do from the same .pdn files I'm using to do the FSX version. All of my recent paints that I intend to release, if the aircraft has FSX and FS9 version, I'm doing paints for both sims.

Looking good, Willy! I had painted the sister ship to your VRC-40 bird sometime ago. Was happy to D/L yours! Looking forward to the Lex bird!

Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image2.jpg   Image1.jpg   Image3.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by p3aewguy View Post
    Looking good, Willy! I had painted the sister ship to your VRC-40 bird sometime ago. Was happy to D/L yours! Looking forward to the Lex bird!

Dave
    Dave, and I really appreciated your contributions there as well. Thank you.

@Willy: that looks great my friend; thank you so much.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Dave, looks like VRC-40 is being well represented. I mainly did that one as I was looking for one that would be easier to do while I figured out the paint kit and did some upgrading to it. (I can never leave a paint kit alone without changing things around)

The Lexington had three different Traders at various time that I have identified. The one I'm painting now was assigned to the Lex from 1959 to 1976 the year I transferred to the Lex. The only military aircraft that I have ever rode in was this one shortly before it was retired. The other two Traders came after this one. I've got some good pics of them, so I intend to do them as well as a few more. Plus I'm wanting to do some fictitious civilian ones as well. But 6754 has one of the more colorful paint schemes as when I rode in it, it was sporting the Bicentennial scheme that it still has in the Naval Aviation museum.

Dave, looks like VRC-40 is being well represented. I mainly did that one as I was looking for one that would be easier to do while I figured out the paint kit and did some upgrading to it. (I can never leave a paint kit alone without changing things around)

The Lexington had three different Traders at various time that I have identified. The one I'm painting now was assigned to the Lex from 1959 to 1976 the year I transferred to the Lex. The only military aircraft that I have ever rode in was this one shortly before it was retired. The other two Traders came after this one. I've got some good pics of them, so I intend to do them as well as a few more. Plus I'm wanting to do some fictitious civilian ones as well. But 6754 has one of the more colorful paint schemes as when I rode in it, it was sporting the Bicentennial scheme that it still has in the Naval Aviation museum.
    I was TDY to VRC-40 for a couple of months in 1978. Loved working on REAL engines! Nothing like it in the world! I was an AD, Aviation Machinist's Mate. I'm looking forward to adding all your CODs to my hanger!!!

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by p3aewguy View Post
    I was TDY to VRC-40 for a couple of months in 1978. Loved working on REAL engines! Nothing like it in the world! I was an AD, Aviation Machinist's Mate. I'm looking forward to adding all your CODs to my hanger!!!

Dave
    I went EN as I wanted to work on piston engines and they wouldn't let me go ADR, but would let me go ADJ. This was shortly before they combined the two into AD.

Here's the latest on the Lexington COD. It's pretty much done except for those darn stripes on the flags. Between the cowlings and nacelles, nothing is lining up for beans. I was trying to do both sides at the same time, but started concentrating on the left side nacelle to keep it simpler. Both cowlings are done. I knew I was going to be in for a "treat" when I found out how stretched the cowling textures are. Oh well, I'll keep slogging away at it, taking breaks as necessary to keep my sanity. At least using layers, needed changes are much easier than what I was doing before.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FLT 19-2016-feb-14-012.jpg  

That's good stuff Willy!
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Thanks Paul!

I'd started a Lex bird back in March of 2012, but ran into problems painting the nacelles and gave up trying to line things up. Wish you Good luck on yours! I may give it another try.

Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image2.jpg   1712440.jpg   Image1.jpg  

Loving these Lexington schemes guys; carry on, please
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Dave, that one is on the to do list. PRB sent me a pic today of a 4th Trader in a Lexington scheme that I wasn't aware of. I'm starting wonder just how many of them the Lex had during it's career.

Milton, I'm hoping to get out more Traders than I did Lodestars. But I'm taking my time and doing other aircraft as well so I don't get as burned out as I did with the Lodestars.

Dave, that one is on the to do list. PRB sent me a pic today of a 4th Trader in a Lexington scheme that I wasn't aware of. I'm starting wonder just how many of them the Lex had during it's career.

Milton, I'm hoping to get out more Traders than I did Lodestars. But I'm taking my time and doing other aircraft as well so I don't get as burned out as I did with the Lodestars.
    Considering the length of her career, probably many. I've seen pictures that show aircraft titled "Blue Ghost #5 and #6!

Dave

She had the one I'm currently doing from 1959 to 1976. Which from what I'm seeing on reseach into the Traders, must have been an anomaly. I'm thinking that the Navy thought the name Trader meant they were to be traded around from unit to unit.

Willy got me motivated to finish the Lex Cod I'd started some time ago. Nearly done!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image1.jpg   Image2.jpg   Image4.jpg  

A couple more shots.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image6.jpg   Image5.jpg  

That's looking great!

Where is that CV-16 from?
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Flightsim dot com, search for USS Lexington

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 SceneryFS2004 Scenery--USS Lexington
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: uss_lex.zip
    Size: 1,705,449 Date: 07-16-2004 Downloads: 4,640
    FS2004 Scenery--USS Lexington, CV-16/AVT-16, placed in two locations. One is a few miles off of Pensacola, Florida were she spent many years training USN aviators. The other is where she is now, moored at Corpus Christi, Texas. By James Smith and Bruce Baker (The Virtual Navy).

Thanks very much!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Thanks very much!
    You're very welcome, Expat!

Members who have read this thread: 1