New Maxwell House Coffee
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Maxwell House Coffee

Blog Entries

New Maxwell House Coffee

This morning I went to Walmart's and bought a container of Maxwell House Coffee "Smooth and Bold" This is a new blend.

They were not kidding, wow it is truly BOLD.
    Look What I Have Become!

You like bold, try this...............http://www.deathwishcoffee.com/

I don't buy bulk coffee any longer since I've switched to a "Mr. Coffee" machine that uses K-Cups. I order from San Francisco Coffee Company via Amazon.com and their "Fog Chaser" blend is really strong. At only 37 cents per mug full it is far cheaper than bulk coffee even when on sale...

...and there's no wastage since one K-Cup makes one 16oz. mug at a time.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Another one to try is Arbuckle's Ariosa Brand... the original "Cowboy Coffee". As they did over 100 years ago, Arbuckle's includes a yummy Peppermint stick in every bag!

Many a cowboy on the long trail lobbied the cook to grind the coffee for him, therefore scoring the tasty peppermint prize!

http://www.arbucklecoffee.com/

Alan

Mrs Willy got a Keurig, but I make mine with a reusable K cup and my regular dark roast Community coffee in it. Some things just aren't gonna change.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Strong coffee these days gives me the squirts . So I now restrict myself to one cup a day and it's mild old Tim Horten's blend.

My coffee mug on my office desk......... The coffee slowly eats the cup. I guess that says enough

I normally drink 100% Arabica Bellarom coffee in the office...... Too much I'm afraid.

Cheers,
    Huub

The text says: METOP-B Monitoring the weather from Polar Orbit (In Russian).

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    I don't buy bulk coffee any longer since I've switched to a "Mr. Coffee" machine that uses K-Cups. I order from San Francisco Coffee Company via Amazon.com and their "Fog Chaser" blend is really strong. At only 37 cents per mug full it is far cheaper than bulk coffee even when on sale...

...and there's no wastage since one K-Cup makes one 16oz. mug at a time.
    Yanno, I tooken a look at this one. I has a K machine but the regular "from the supermarket" k-cups are just too 'spensive. Costs about double what coffee in "bulk" costs. And even though I have reusable K-cup thingies it's just a hassle cleaning 'em out and doing it next day, over and over. Gonna tag this for later although I only drink one cup a day so I don't think it really makes sense to subscribe to a delivery schedule. Wonder if you'd comment on that aspect ??
    Hmm, insert your own witty saying here --

Where I used to work many moons ago, the snack bar made coffee all day long. When the pot was nearly done they would pour the last cup or three into a stainless pitcher that lived in the fridge. This accumulated beverage became known as Jet Fuel and was our staple ice coffee all summer long. Strooong stuff!
    W10-64 Pro, 3GHz, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 5570

Quote Originally Posted by deKoven View Post
    Gonna tag this for later although I only drink one cup a day so I don't think it really makes sense to subscribe to a delivery schedule. Wonder if you'd comment on that aspect ??
    I order the 80 ct. size and do not use the 'schedule' for delivery. It's still only ~37cents per mug and I only order when I open the last sealed bag of 10. Delivery is usually within 2 days from ordering.

One thing I really like is that San Francisco Bay uses 97% biodegradable cups, and not those horrible plastic cups that pollute the landfills!

I have a reusable 'cup' here as well, but the top lid is too thick and won't allow the top to latch properly. I have to put a can of soup or something as a weight to hold the lid down!
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Hey Willy, community coffee is the favorite here in south west La. Good coffee and a good cigar and i'm in heaven. Have you ever heard of Seaport dark roast ? It's so strong a spoon will stand up straight in the cup!! Old Cajun coffee at its best !! Will grow hair on your tongue !

Blog Entries
    I love my 100% Arabica H.E.B. special breakfast blend coffee. I have to drive 60 miles to get a 5 lb tub. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    https://www.heb.com/product-detail/h...le-bean/123858

Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by txnetcop View Post
    I love my 100% Arabica H.E.B. special breakfast blend coffee. I have to drive 60 miles to get a 5 lb tub. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    https://www.heb.com/product-detail/h...le-bean/123858

Ted
    My favorite since landing in San Antonio. Also like there little bags of San Antonio and Houston and Austin Blends.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

48.800 N, 118.612 W. North Central Washington State, USA

Coffee!

I like "Field Engineer's coffee". You have to drink it fast. Not because it gets cold... Before it eats through the bottom of the cup.
    Any cheap brand, half a cup in a clean white boot sock, boiled in 1 gal of water over the dry shack hotplate. In emergencies, any sock will do.
    AAF Lament:

"Glory! No more regulations!
    Rip them down at every station!
    Ground the guy that tries to make one!
    And LET US FLY LIKE HELL!"

From "There I Was...Flat On My Back" by Bob Stevens

Tune: Battle Hymn of the Republic

Lightbulb

I guess I'm the only that uses the Dutch Senseo system....

Give Me Senseo by RedTail_Panther, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post

Orange coffee?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Orange coffee?

LoL!
    Actually, the machine froth's it.....

I bought one of those several years ago. There are two major drawbacks in my estimation. I make coffee by the 16 oz. mug. Those piddling little cups aren't nearly enough. Secondly, the pods are much more expensive than the K-Cups I use.

My Senseo machine has been decorating the top of my refrigerator for several years now.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations

Are we talking instant coffee here........

I've only drunk expresso the last 15 yrs....... large mugs of cappuccino or flat white (cafe au lait)....and no....Starbucks in the US has nothing that remotely resembles drinkable coffee!

Quote Originally Posted by SPman View Post
    No, these are all 'brewed' coffee options.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations

Quote Originally Posted by SPman View Post

I've only drunk expresso the last 15 yrs....... large mugs of cappuccino or flat white (cafe au lait)....and no....Starbucks in the US has nothing that remotely resembles drinkable coffee!
    To each his own; I've been drinking Starbucks since its inception. Was a long time customer of the store in the Public Market (THE first one in existence). Sb is much better than anything you get in the mass market grocery store and far and away better than most of its competition.
    Hmm, insert your own witty saying here --

No you're definitely not the only one. Although I have several I use (just) one as well. The Dutch offices were running on these devices!

Cheers,
    Huub

The Missus has a Keurig, but I use the old fashioned drip coffee maker and I grind my own beans each morning. My mother is Native American, and she always said that the Apache Indians liked chicory in their coffee... I tried it and I kinda like it. It's tasty, and BOLD.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    No you're definitely not the only one. Although I have several I use (just) one as well. The Dutch offices were running on these devices!

Cheers,
    Huub

Alright Huub!
    Might need you to send me another one since The Borg (Keurig) have pretty much pushed us Senseo users out of the US market...

Quote Originally Posted by deKoven View Post
    To each his own; I've been drinking Starbucks since its inception. Was a long time customer of the store in the Public Market (THE first one in existence). Sb is much better than anything you get in the mass market grocery store and far and away better than most of its competition.
    Long time Starbucks drinker here. Had the great pleasure of visiting Seattle back in October and visited the original location. We then went to the roastery and tasting room. Quite an experience, and the coffee was the absolute best I've ever had.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

Members who have read this thread: 0