Milviz F-100D is out - Page 21
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Milviz F-100D is out

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    Well, I was going to release it tonight...but I've discovered a few very minor alignment issues....and a the color needs to be a tad darker both blue and red. Once those are mostly fixed, I think I've spent as much time on this one as I'm willing...LOL Hopefully this weekend...
    Ok, I need to "beta test" this one immediately...

Well, I was going to release it tonight...but I've discovered a few very minor alignment issues....and a the color needs to be a tad darker both blue and red. Once those are mostly fixed, I think I've spent as much time on this one as I'm willing...LOL Hopefully this weekend...
    perhaps these are useful.

Ok...I might be being a litle too picky...but Im not sure where to put the flags? I know its left side Aft of the Skyblazers insignia...but ive only seen the flags in drawings. None of the photos I've seen show the flags. I watched an archival video of the skyblazers today and didn't notice the flags either...were they actually there? Or was it only on the lead jet?
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Rick, check out this link. http://aerobaticteams.net/skyblazers-f-100-gallery.html slide no. 27. not a very good photo but it shows the flags to be center on fuselage between the SB Shield and US Air Force.
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Thanks Duckie. I'm shocked at how few good quality photos there are of this team and it's jets. You'd think that someone, somewhere had a high quality photo that they would scan and upload to the web. There are better photos for the skyblazer F-80! Just surprising....I think I'm going to do a full redo of the nose...It's wrong...I can see that now...I just don't want to release something that's not up to my standards...sorry guys...it will be worth it to have it done right. (The RED stripe only)see
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Thanks Duckie. I'm shocked at how few good quality photos there are of this team and it's jets. You'd think that someone, somewhere had a high quality photo that they would scan and upload to the web. There are better photos for the skyblazer F-80! Just surprising....I think I'm going to do a full redo of the nose...It's wrong...I can see that now...I just don't want to release something that's not up to my standards...sorry guys...it will be worth it to have it done right. (The RED stripe only)see
    I with you rick. Others may not notice but YOU do!

Also, as you said previously, based on available photos, it appears that the flags were at best a mixed bag. Appearing sometimes only on NO.1, sometimes "suggested" by artists as appearing on all, and sometimes oin none of the show aircraft. Personally, I think you would be covered no mater what you choose to do re the flags, show or no!

Anyway, thanks for all your work. Beautiful.

Steve
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    I with you rick. Others may not notice but YOU do!

Also, as you said previously, based on available photos, it appears that the flags were at best a mixed bag. Appearing sometimes only on NO.1, sometimes "suggested" by artists as appearing on all, and sometimes oin none of the show aircraft. Personally, I think you would be covered no mater what you choose to do re the flags, show or no!

Anyway, thanks for all your work. Beautiful.

Steve
    For this particular bird, 42009, for the 1961 season, (identifiable by the red while and blue sash mid fuselage), the flags were there. Located on the left side only right behind the Skyblazers roundel and the US AIR FORCE.

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    For this particular bird, 42009, for the 1961 season, (identifiable by the red while and blue sash mid fuselage), the flags were there. Located on the left side only right behind the Skyblazers roundel and the US AIR FORCE.
    Eric I'lladd yhe flags, but i guess my question is, how do you know for sure it was actually there? The only thing ive seen that suggests ot was, is that artist depiction of the matkings...but theres no photo proof. So while im going to add them for sure, I jjst dont know how wed know for sure. I do know this, ive seen at leadt 2 photos with no. 4200 that had flags. But ive not seen a leader bird with flags...Im wondering if it was only added for selected shows? Kind of like the PR no.7 Tbird. Who knows. Thanks for the help guys!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Eric I'lladd yhe flags, but i guess my question is, how do you know for sure it was actually there? The only thing ive seen that suggests ot was, is that artist depiction of the matkings...but theres no photo proof. So while im going to add them for sure, I jjst dont know how wed know for sure. I do know this, ive seen at leadt 2 photos with no. 4200 that had flags. But ive not seen a leader bird with flags...Im wondering if it was only added for selected shows? Kind of like the PR no.7 Tbird. Who knows. Thanks for the help guys!
    Here are your flags... will send you the psd file by PM..

Sorry to change the subject from you fine painting machine but has anybody had the interior gages/panels light quit working?

was working fine then not at all!

Quote Originally Posted by doublecool View Post
    Sorry to change the subject from you fine painting machine but has anybody had the interior gages/panels light quit working?

was working fine then not at all!
    Did you install and use the Estonia migration tool? The user manual calls out all the likely reasons why the internal lights would not be working and how to resolve it. Its posted in the first pages of this topic I believe as a help.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Man, Reply no.71 had the answer... You guys are the best

Thank you very much

Skyblazers v1.0 Released

Enjoy! There are a few small errors but I've run out of time ATM to fix them...and I wanted you to enjoy it for now....I'm sure you'll overlook them and not freak out! hahaha

This will be my last one for the HUN for some.time as I'm engaged in some other projects that will be taking my already limited FS repainting time.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=186&id=21328
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Here's 42010 with the flags...

"Let's start with a Charlie Hun, a Skyblazer's F-100C-25-NA from the 36th TFS. The airplane bought the farm in a crash in Libya in 1962, but was in her prime when this photograph was taken. We honestly prefer the paint scheme on the 'Blazer's "Huns" to that of the Thunderbirds, but that's a personal preference. If you look closely you can see the oil line fixed over the afterburner---that's how you get an airplane to make smoke at an air show, in case anybody was wondering." Dave Menard

Source: http://replicainscale.blogspot.com/2013_02_01_archive.html

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

You guys never cease to amaze me....I had done so many searches with different parameters to try and find a good photo. That's the best period photo I've seen. Thanks for sharing! So I've placed the flag in the correct place. However, I've still yet to come across the leader jet 42009 with it. However, I've been assured it is correct, so we'll go with that!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

42009 could well be the second pic from TuFun's as it sports the leader's tri-color band on the fuselage and the little that can be seen from the serial could be 42009.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    42009 could well be the second pic from TuFun's as it sports the leader's tri-color band on the fuselage and the little that can be seen from the serial could be 42009.
    I think you're right! The shape of the visible numbers makes sense. Great find!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

You guys never cease to amaze me....I had done so many searches with different parameters to try and find a good photo. That's the best period photo I've seen. Thanks for sharing! So I've placed the flag in the correct place. However, I've still yet to come across the leader jet 42009 with it. However, I've been assured it is correct, so we'll go with that!
    Sometimes pilots names helps in searching, shows aircraft they have flown. Private collections, blogs, modeling sites, and German/French sites have good pics.

Enjoy! There are a few small errors but I've run out of time ATM to fix them...and I wanted you to enjoy it for now....I'm sure you'll overlook them and not freak out! hahaha

This will be my last one for the HUN for some.time as I'm engaged in some other projects that will be taking my already limited FS repainting time.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=186&id=21328

One of the most stunning repaints for the F100. Well done and thank you for the great work.

-d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    One of the most stunning repaints for the F100. Well done and thank you for the great work.

-d
    Thanks, looking forward to one (or more) of your screenshots!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Super!!!

I updated the texture with these babies, thanks TuFun for the pictures. 300 gal custom drop tanks. Didn't know these existed...now they do!

available now.

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

I think you're right! The shape of the visible numbers makes sense. Great find!
    I noticed in the pics I posted that the Skyblazer and Wing patch are rather large, almost touching the bottom blue stripe. Also it's off centered from the top blue stripe. Otherwise its one of the best paints! Thru the years the markings, stripes, and patches changed shape on the Skyblazer F-100.

Year 1961

This is just outstanding Rick. I'm not a huge fan of shiny airshow schemes but this I will definitely get!!

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Members who have read this thread: 1